ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success (WP+HSMP+TIER1) LIVERPOOL(wasn't asked forp60's)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jas78
Newly Registered

ILR success (WP+HSMP+TIER1) LIVERPOOL(wasn't asked forp60's)

Post by Jas78 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Hello

First of all would like to thank this forum for all the advice and help with my queries.

I got my ILRatlast, mine was a case of WP+HSMP+Tier1.(Under Section 9L)

I had my appointment yesterday morning at Liverpool 9.45am.
I had booked into a family appointment,so went along with my wife and my 3 year old daughter.We reached the PEO office at 8.45am,had to wait until 9.15am to get in.There was the usual airport style security check and soon after that we were given the ticket,it was 004 for us and were asked to go into a room and wait until our number was called out.

There was initial screening done here. The lady at the counter was extremely polite.She just checked my passports and asked for the Life in UK test pass certificates.She asked me if I would like to know how much we have scored and I said it would be interesting to know this.
My wife scored 23 and I scored 22,and there was big grin on my wife's face.....:D

The caseworker asked me if I have all the supporting documents and I said yes.She asked me about Employer letter and I said I do have one, but it is not in my main file.She said that is absolutely ok,and did not even see any of my supporting docs.She asked me to go to 2nd floor with my application and said that I will have to do my payment there
and there will be another caseworker looking at the application.

We headed to the 2nd floor,I made my payment and just had to wait for 5 mins. when my number was called out.SInce it was a Family appmt,my wife and daughter sat beside me when we handed our application to the caseworker.

She had a look at my form and asked me if i have my Work permit letters.
I had kept them in my back up file and handed all the Home office correspondence to her.She was just interested in WP letters and I also handed 12 months payslips and 12 months bank statement and life in uk pass certs,along with the passports.

She asked me if my daughter has ever been out of UK, ever since she was born here ,and I said yes,as we had been to India on holiday on two occasions.She was extremely polite and very friendly.She even made some small talk with my daughter and said that she will process the application asap and asked us to wait in the waiting area.

After exactly 45 mins we were called and told that we were granted ILR and will have to wait for an hourto collect the stamped passports.After an hour we collected our stamped passports and heaved a HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!!!!!!

So in a nutshell docs submitted for a combination of WP+HSMP+Tier1

1) 3 passports(main applicant+ dependant)
2) 2 photographs each ( main applicant+ dependant)
3) 2 Life in UK pass certificate ( Main applicant + spouse)
4) 12 months bank statement
----Recent month's was a true copy attested by my bank
5) 12 months payslip
6) Original WP letter and HSMP letters

I had taken all my 5 years P60's, but had them in my back up file.
I was not asked for a P60 neither in initial screening nor inthe main screening.

Back up file contents:

1) 5 year p60
2) 5 years bank statements
3) WP+HSMP+Tier 1 letters from UKBA
4) additional photos
5)tenancy agreement
6) Recent utility bills

I did not need any of these except for the WP letter and HSMP letter.

What I understood is,if your continuous stay is made up of leave from a combination of WP+HSMP+tier1 like mine,then all u need to show is 6 months bank statements,6 months payslip,original WP letter and HSMP letter and LIfe in UK pass certificate to support your application.

Just to be on the safer side, it is best to take any additional docs that you feel might be helpful in a back up file.And you can always pull it out,if they need any additional information to verify.

P60's are not a must atleast for WP+HSMP+Tier1 (Under Section 9L).

Again a big thanks to this forum.It is a great place to get help on our queries and puts mind at ease.Thank to everyone who took their time to reply to my queries and for all the guidance.

Hope my post will be of help to the forum.
It will be a great pleasure to be of any help to this wonderful forum!!!

Thanks and Regards,
Jas

PS: Do not go to a solicitor/immig consultant. if it is a straight fwd case and spend money there.Instead do your homework well in advance on what the forms are and what kind of evidence needs to be submitted and always ask your queries here.There is a lot of help you will get from this forum.

shs213

Re: ILR success (WP+HSMP+TIER1) LIVERPOOL(wasn't asked forp6

Post by shs213 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Jas78 wrote:Hello

First of all would like to thank this forum for all the advice and help with my queries.

I got my ILRatlast, mine was a case of WP+HSMP+Tier1.(Under Section 9L)

I had my appointment yesterday morning at Liverpool 9.45am.
I had booked into a family appointment,so went along with my wife and my 3 year old daughter.We reached the PEO office at 8.45am,had to wait until 9.15am to get in.There was the usual airport style security check and soon after that we were given the ticket,it was 004 for us and were asked to go into a room and wait until our number was called out.

There was initial screening done here. The lady at the counter was extremely polite.She just checked my passports and asked for the Life in UK test pass certificates.She asked me if I would like to know how much we have scored and I said it would be interesting to know this.
My wife scored 23 and I scored 22,and there was big grin on my wife's face.....:D

The caseworker asked me if I have all the supporting documents and I said yes.She asked me about Employer letter and I said I do have one, but it is not in my main file.She said that is absolutely ok,and did not even see any of my supporting docs.She asked me to go to 2nd floor with my application and said that I will have to do my payment there
and there will be another caseworker looking at the application.

We headed to the 2nd floor,I made my payment and just had to wait for 5 mins. when my number was called out.SInce it was a Family appmt,my wife and daughter sat beside me when we handed our application to the caseworker.

She had a look at my form and asked me if i have my Work permit letters.
I had kept them in my back up file and handed all the Home office correspondence to her.She was just interested in WP letters and I also handed 12 months payslips and 12 months bank statement and life in uk pass certs,along with the passports.

She asked me if my daughter has ever been out of UK, ever since she was born here ,and I said yes,as we had been to India on holiday on two occasions.She was extremely polite and very friendly.She even made some small talk with my daughter and said that she will process the application asap and asked us to wait in the waiting area.

After exactly 45 mins we were called and told that we were granted ILR and will have to wait for an hourto collect the stamped passports.After an hour we collected our stamped passports and heaved a HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!!!!!!

So in a nutshell docs submitted for a combination of WP+HSMP+Tier1

1) 3 passports(main applicant+ dependant)
2) 2 photographs each ( main applicant+ dependant)
3) 2 Life in UK pass certificate ( Main applicant + spouse)
4) 12 months bank statement
----Recent month's was a true copy attested by my bank
5) 12 months payslip
6) Original WP letter and HSMP letters

I had taken all my 5 years P60's, but had them in my back up file.
I was not asked for a P60 neither in initial screening nor inthe main screening.

Back up file contents:

1) 5 year p60
2) 5 years bank statements
3) WP+HSMP+Tier 1 letters from UKBA
4) additional photos
5)tenancy agreement
6) Recent utility bills

I did not need any of these except for the WP letter and HSMP letter.

What I understood is,if your continuous stay is made up of leave from a combination of WP+HSMP+tier1 like mine,then all u need to show is 6 months bank statements,6 months payslip,original WP letter and HSMP letter and LIfe in UK pass certificate to support your application.

Just to be on the safer side, it is best to take any additional docs that you feel might be helpful in a back up file.And you can always pull it out,if they need any additional information to verify.

P60's are not a must atleast for WP+HSMP+Tier1 (Under Section 9L).

Again a big thanks to this forum.It is a great place to get help on our queries and puts mind at ease.Thank to everyone who took their time to reply to my queries and for all the guidance.

Hope my post will be of help to the forum.
It will be a great pleasure to be of any help to this wonderful forum!!!

Thanks and Regards,
Jas

PS: Do not go to a solicitor/immig consultant. if it is a straight fwd case and spend money there.Instead do your homework well in advance on what the forms are and what kind of evidence needs to be submitted and always ask your queries here.There is a lot of help you will get from this forum.
Congrats!

See you at the "British Citizenship" section of this forum :lol:

Jas78
Newly Registered

Post by Jas78 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:25 pm

raghu_tallam wrote:Dear Jas,

Firstly congratulations on your successful ILR.

>> P60's are not a must atleast for WP+HSMP+Tier1 (Under Section 9L).

Can you please explain which document you are referring to when you say 'Section 9L'? I searched for "UK Immigration act, Section 9L" in google, but could not find any relevant document.

I fall under the same category (WP+HSMP+Tier1), but I do not have P60 for first 1 year. So, it would be of great help to me if you can point me to this document.

Kind regards
Raghu
Section 9L is in the Form Set (O) page no. 15 under section 9
This is where we have to tick if we fall under this category
Just pasted the relevant 9L para. below: Chk it out

"9L
Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 9A, you must provide the following documents:

Evidence that you are economically active in the UK in employment or self-employment or both. The evidence should take the form of documents showing your personal earnings (if you are employed) or business accounts (if you are self-employed).

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

I was not asked for any P60,as i mentioned earlier in my post, just the original WP letter.
What i suggest is,if you have your WP lettr take it with you.That should be sufficient.Do not mention that you do not have your first year P60 or anything like that.

Gimme a shout if u want any other info.All the best!!

raghu_tallam

Post by raghu_tallam » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:11 pm

That's great. Thanks for info.

docpgkt
Newly Registered

Combination of WP+HSMP+Tier1

Post by docpgkt » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:05 pm

Dear Jas,

Can you kindly answer this question.I have been in UK continous for 5 years.After WP I changed to PFT(permit free training )Visa and then onto HSMP---Tier 1.So gap between WP and HSMP is interuppted by PFT for 1 year.But if I combine just my WP and HSMP and Tier 1(leaving PFT) I have 5 years.WIll I be considered for ILR.
Please advice me on this.

PK

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Combination of WP+HSMP+Tier1

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:07 pm

docpgkt wrote:Dear Jas,

Can you kindly answer this question.I have been in UK continous for 5 years.After WP I changed to PFT(permit free training )Visa and then onto HSMP---Tier 1.So gap between WP and HSMP is interuppted by PFT for 1 year.But if I combine just my WP and HSMP and Tier 1(leaving PFT) I have 5 years.WIll I be considered for ILR.
Please advice me on this.

PK
Your ILR clock was reset to zero when you changed from WP to PFT and starting ticking (from zero upwards) only on the day your passport was stamped with HSMP leave to remain (assuming you applied for HSMP from within the UK while being resident in UK on PFT).

regards

docpgkt
Newly Registered

HSMP letter or Visa stamp

Post by docpgkt » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:21 pm

I obtained my HSMP letter 31oct 2006 but I my visa stamp is on Jan 5th 2007.Does my ILR clock start from former or latter date.
Pls reply.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP letter or Visa stamp

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:47 pm

docpgkt wrote:I obtained my HSMP letter 31oct 2006 but I my visa stamp is on Jan 5th 2007.Does my ILR clock start from former or latter date.
Pls reply.
See this topic. Any specific reason for repeating the query?

regards

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi Jas,

I have been trying to book an appointment using the online system, but i always get NO availability. Would you recommend any particular times to check online or try over the phone.

Thanks

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:23 pm

Just to add - on their online booking website, it seems you can find appointment relatively easily between - 0 to 5 weeks, however the 8th - weeks appointments are always Not available