ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ad Hoc statement,

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

batka
Newly Registered

Ad Hoc statement,

Post by batka » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:41 am

I have no time to get official bank statement before I make Tier 4 application. So I asked Natwest bank to print adhoc statemnet out and they printed my last month statements on a ordinary white A4 paper with my bank account sort code, account name and date on it. Neither my address nor my name on it. Natwest's small logo printed on the top of the paper with black and white (no colour printing). Bank manager said Natwest is no longer stamp on it.

Im going to send the "adhoc" statement with my previous original bank statement to support my visa application. Is it ok or not? Im quite worried about the adhoc statment. Any advice will be much helpfull please
many thanks,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:56 am

While ad-hoc statements are acceptable but they must include the details as specified in the policy guidance. With no name, no stamp, no supporting letter .... highly unlikely that it will be accepted. Caseworker discretion ... but that's a risk!

regards

batka
Newly Registered

Post by batka » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:05 pm

sushdmehta wrote:While ad-hoc statements are acceptable but they must include the details as specified in the policy guidance. With no name, no stamp, no supporting letter .... highly unlikely that it will be accepted. Caseworker discretion ... but that's a risk!

regards
thanks
I asked so many times to get it stamped but no luck. Even they dont want to give me a supporting letter.
What is adhoc statement anyway? Natwest bank manager said the statement I was printed is adhoc statement.
cheers again,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Ad-hoc statement is not a standard statement and is usually obtained when a an account holder wants to see a real time statement of account, but is not due to receive the normal statement for some time.

AIUI, ad-hoc statements must also include the specified information as detailed in the policy guidance. Even if we ignore the need for company headed paper or the stamp (since the paper has bank logo on it) but without the name of the account holder on the statement how can anyone know whether the account belongs to you at all!

regards

batka
Newly Registered

Post by batka » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:26 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Ad-hoc statement is not a standard statement and is usually obtained when a an account holder wants to see a real time statement of account, but is not due to receive the normal statement for some time.

AIUI, ad-hoc statements must also include the specified information as detailed in the policy guidance. Even if we ignore the need for company headed paper or the stamp (since the paper has bank logo on it) but without the name of the account holder on the statement how can anyone know whether the account belongs to you at all!

regards
Only my bank account number is printed on it. I just dnt know what to do.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:30 pm

batka wrote:Only my bank account number is printed on it.
Without your name of the statement, I could argue that the account number is for an account that I hold (not you).

regards

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:53 pm

do u have enough time to apply for the original bank statements in the post?

batka
Newly Registered

Post by batka » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:54 pm

potterbond007 wrote:do u have enough time to apply for the original bank statements in the post?
I have an appointment 25/08/2010 at HO. And no time to get original bank statement. Visa will expire 31/08/2010. Ive just checked that there are no availavle date for another appointment until 31/08/2010.

I did order a official statement today but dnt think I will get it by WED morning. I kept going to Natwest branch and they kept saying "NO".
I do have a official statement which shows the required money for only 15 days. Branch manager said show this original one with the one he printed for me today which has only my account number printed on it.

Situation is: I have a enough money in my bank account for enough days (28 days) but I have no time to get official bank statement.

Still dnt know what to do, any advice please

wabuthu

Post by wabuthu » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:08 pm

batka wrote:Ive just checked that there are no availavle date for another appointment until 31/08/2010.
call ukba on their appointment number on their website 0870 606 7766 and ask if they have any available appointments before 31/08/2010...usually over the phone they have extra appointments (even when online it shows no slots available) better to try than not try at all. hope it works out for you :)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... t/#header2
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa

batka
Newly Registered

Post by batka » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:03 pm

wabuthu wrote:
batka wrote:Ive just checked that there are no availavle date for another appointment until 31/08/2010.
call ukba on their appointment number on their website 0870 606 7766 and ask if they have any available appointments before 31/08/2010...usually over the phone they have extra appointments (even when online it shows no slots available) better to try than not try at all. hope it works out for you :)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... t/#header2
last day of my current leave is 31/08/2010. Can I make an appointment on that day or too late?

wabuthu

Post by wabuthu » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:08 pm

batka wrote:
wabuthu wrote: last day of my current leave is 31/08/2010. Can I make an appointment on that day or too late?
to be honest i don't know (i'm not an expert) (please use ukba official website info to confirm because i'm not at all sure and don't want to mislead you with my assumptions)...if i were asked to guess i would say that i think 31st (the last day) is acceptable but it's usually very risky to leave it till the last day because goodness forbid if something should happen on that day like transport strike, forgotten documents etc then it means you can be in real trouble.

if you call tha ukba number it's possible that there may be appointments before that day. but premium appintments are for straightforward applications, so make sure all docs are in order.

tomorrow i'd suggest also finding the natwest customer service telephone number and phoning them up and request over the phone if they can post you your most upto date statement for a period of x days from date yyy to date zzz. and let them know of the urgency and i think they may agree to post you the documents. (when i applied for my PSW i called up my bank lloyds and asked them the same and they charged me £10 and said it would take 5-10working days but arrived in 5 working days).

i saw someone on the forum mention to try and ask them also if they can send them using a same day delivery courier and telling them you'll incur the delivery charges....i don't know if it would work but worth a try.

if i was in your shoes i'd also try randomly walking into as many natwest branches as i can and trying to express the urgency and explaining what you require and hope that one of the branches agree. (in my case i tried 3 lloyds branches but all refused...but other people on the forum had different experiences)

i'd say just try all avenues and hope something works out...worst case scenario if you have an appointment for 31st morning and your statements arrive in the afternoon on that day then just post your application on that day and keep the post receipt to confirm post date of 31st because that is the date they use of application the date the post office stamped it.

but whichever way just pray you have the complete statements because without them the ukba will just refuse the visa...wishing you all the best. just keep trying as best you can to get everything in order.
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa

batka
Newly Registered

Post by batka » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:54 pm

wabuthu wrote:
batka wrote:
wabuthu wrote: last day of my current leave is 31/08/2010. Can I make an appointment on that day or too late?
to be honest i don't know (i'm not an expert) .....
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with me.
I did order statement today but only god knows when it arrives. Im not willing to go HO on my last day but just in case I wanted to know if I wont get my statement before that day. Ive been at 2 branches today 3 times each but no luck. Natwest head office give the order to the branches they said. Some of them said to me they'll will lose they job if they do that.

Is there any chance to explain my situation to the caseworkers at PEO while am there?
many thanks,

wabuthu

Post by wabuthu » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 pm

batka wrote: Is there any chance to explain my situation to the caseworkers at PEO while am there?
i hate to be the bearer of bad news but with premium in person applications they have to be straightforward meaning everything has to be in order, same case with the postal ones as well everything has to be inorder. But please i urge you to read from UKBA official websites as i am just a fellow forum member and not at all an expert on these matters.

perhaps print out the home office info that talks about info required in the bank statements and also about what kind of bank letter is required and go around to several other natwest branches asking them if they could kindly either give you the updated statement or a letter that conforms to ukba requirements from the bank.

i would also suggest not using the word "ad hoc" when your talking to natwest (as was mentioned earlier they are not considered official) just refer to them as original bank statements because that way they'll most likely have all the info required.

i hope other people reply to this thread who may know more on the topic.

you have 4 working days between today and 31st try to be as pro-active as you can to hopefully get those statements. i suggest reading through old forum threads to get more ideas on what other people did in similar situations.

because at the end of the day you need the complete statements to apply because home office do not listen to any excuses unfortunately. try your best.

batka
Newly Registered

Post by batka » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:28 am

wabuthu wrote:
batka wrote: Is there any chance to explain my situation to the caseworkers at PEO while am there?
i hate to be the bearer of bad news but with premium in person applications they have to be straightforward meaning everything has to be in order, same case with the postal ones as well everything has to be inorder. But please i urge you to read from UKBA official websites as i am just a fellow forum member and not at all an expert on these matters.

perhaps print out the home office info that talks about info required in the bank statements and also about what kind of bank letter is required and go around to several other natwest branches asking them if they could kindly either give you the updated statement or a letter that conforms to ukba requirements from the bank.

i would also suggest not using the word "ad hoc" when your talking to natwest (as was mentioned earlier they are not considered official) just refer to them as original bank statements because that way they'll most likely have all the info required.

i hope other people reply to this thread who may know more on the topic.

you have 4 working days between today and 31st try to be as pro-active as you can to hopefully get those statements. i suggest reading through old forum threads to get more ideas on what other people did in similar situations.

because at the end of the day you need the complete statements to apply because home office do not listen to any excuses unfortunately. try your best.
thank you very much

batka
Newly Registered

Post by batka » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 am

Hi Wabuthu

This morning , I went to the far (away from city center) natwest branch and managed to get stamped and signed on the printed statement. Ive prepared a letter which mentioned all my sitiuations including my visa expire date, appointment date and reoson why I cant get new statement blah blah.. and gave it to the lady in the branch. She was so nice lady and done everything for me. Cant believe that.

So never ever GIVE UP if someone has the same problem like me.

thanks WABUTHU for encouraging me to do so,
thank you again,
Batka

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:23 pm

I am always interested to read these posts and wonder what do folk do with their bank statements that they need to get new ones if you know you are going to make an application some time in advance why not save your bank statement
pennyless

wabuthu

Post by wabuthu » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:03 am

@batka: wow wow wow, i'm so happy for you!!! so glad to hear it worked. yes and just as you say we should never ever give up even when we think things are too tough....if we keep trying things will work out. so happy for you! all the best :)
batka wrote:Hi Wabuthu

This morning , I went to the far (away from city center) natwest branch and managed to get stamped and signed on the printed statement. Ive prepared a letter which mentioned all my sitiuations including my visa expire date, appointment date and reoson why I cant get new statement blah blah.. and gave it to the lady in the branch. She was so nice lady and done everything for me. Cant believe that.

So never ever GIVE UP if someone has the same problem like me.

thanks WABUTHU for encouraging me to do so,
thank you again,
Batka

wabuthu

Post by wabuthu » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:05 am

pennylessinindia wrote:I am always interested to read these posts and wonder what do folk do with their bank statements that they need to get new ones if you know you are going to make an application some time in advance why not save your bank statement
@pennlyessinindia: it's not as easy as you think, even if you plan in advance things can still go wrong. the last time i had to apply my statement wasn't sent by the bank, then i urgently called them and asked them to post and when they did they posted old ones.

alot of the times it's because of reasons beyond the applicants control, not because of carelessness as you suggest. i know because i've been in that situation.