ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse/Settlement applications - BHC India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:25 am

:? hi bhaz... that's great for you. Can you tell me if you applied for spouse or fiance visa? On your profile it says civil ceremony etc....so was wondering.

Thanks just trying to figure out the time scale myself as I am now starting my 7th week in waiting!!!! And also trying to figure out why only some people are being asked for medical in India!!!!!!!!!

thanks

:wink:

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:28 am

chily..i dont think you need to worry ...there is no explanation for some of dates they are posting on the site from what i read on the forum.

take care

bhaz
Newly Registered

Post by bhaz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:39 pm

Thanks paracetamol, mine is a fiance visa.

In general recommend that everyone must look at the guide to processing times on the vfs site. According to June 86% chance of a reply in 60 working days which just passed on Monday
Just collected medical letter so see how long it takes after the tests are done.

pancake
Newly Registered

Post by pancake » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Now our visa status has changed to 'is under process at the BHC'. I'm just so stressed. Its the same feeling when you wait for exam results...

I'll keep everyone updated on the status changes...

Guys..i dont know how to include a personal message at the end of each post...ie i want all my posts to list my submitted visa date...can someone help me out..

bhaz
Newly Registered

Post by bhaz » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi pancake, if you go to profile on top right of the screen you will find a box for adding a signature. Good luck![/quote]

ashvid
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa

Post by ashvid » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:25 am

Hi All...

Wanted to share the timeline of my daughter's application processed by BHC Mumbai

Application submitted: 15/06/2010
Application under process: 20/06/2010
Processed application ready for collection: 27/08/2010
Passport collected: 30/08/2010

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:10 am

:? Hi guys, I am now in my 8th week of waiting for a reply from BHC chennai. Anyone else who submitted their application for spouse settlement in UK as well?

waiting patiently :cry:

bhaz
Newly Registered

Medical

Post by bhaz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:17 am

It has been over a week since my fiancee completed her medical (and passed) but not even a change of status - still says medical envelope in transit! Doctor hand delivered everything. Anyone heard of waiting this long? It must be approved but medical not attached and passport not sent yet! About to turn 12 weeks tomorrow :(

Thanks,
Bhaz

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:07 am

:shock: Bhaz..... i think you should call the vfs and find out what to do and what is the next step you should take!!!
12 weeks is the cut off point where you should be getting back your passport. So give them a call.

HOpe for the best!!

bhaz
Newly Registered

Post by bhaz » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 am

Thanks paracetamol, I will :) my wife is going there again today. Hopefully because it is the cut off point they will do something.

bhaz
Newly Registered

Why did they do a medical? Still a mystery..

Post by bhaz » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 am

My wife went to VFS yesterday and they basically are wondering themselves why they have'nt heard from the high commission. There are a few medicals that have been completed, but have not been attached still to the approved visas.

A week and a half + to pick up a medical result, link it and pop the passport in the post. very frustrating...And no way of knowing if the medical result has even been recieved by the high commission..

Also had anyone ever had anyone respond to their emails to the British High Commission email address for visa complaints? I only get a automated response and never hear from them again. When my wife rings them it rings endlessly (in a queue) and then eventually the phone is hung up.. I think there is only 1 or 2 phone lines and they go to the guards room at the front of the high commission visa office..

bhaz
Newly Registered

Post by bhaz » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 am

Finally came through! All of a sudden at 6.30pm India time last night it suddenly said passport ready for collection and she picked it up this morning. I still have major concerns about how bhc run themselves and the severe lack of communication they have, but am glad the ordeal is over. Just over 12 weeks, very relieved :)

bhaz
Newly Registered

Post by bhaz » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:22 am

Finally came through! All of a sudden at 6.30pm India time last night it suddenly said passport ready for collection and she picked it up this morning. I still have major concerns about how bhc run themselves and the severe lack of communication they have, but am glad the ordeal is over.

Just over 12 weeks, very relieved :) thanks you to everyone on this forum for support and for providing information. Very reassuring to hear people's stories to maintain hope it would come!

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:51 am

:lol: Got my visa yesterday delivered through blue dart !!! Thanks be to God

It took 40 working days exactly from July 16th to Sept 9th 2010 for the visa to be issued.

They didn't ask for medicals to be done.

All the best to everyone else.
take care

bazzyboi
Newly Registered

Settlement visa appeal process!

Post by bazzyboi » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:12 pm

batleykhan wrote:
akhila wrote:
batleykhan wrote:Congartulation on your success Akhila. I am very happy for you. At last you have made it. Hope to see you in UK :D :D :D
Hello uncle..I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you personally for all the time you spent with me...I’d like to express my infinite gratitude to you, …. Thank you for all the help you have given me with my visa. I especially appreciate the information and advice you have provided, and the covering letter you have shared with me. Your assistance has been invaluable to me during this process....Again, thank you so much. I greatly appreciate your generosity :D :D
Thank you Akhila for your kinds word. Its the least i could have done for you :wink:

Salaam, Eid Mubarak!

Dear sir, I saw you advising so many people & I thought it is very kind of you! We have been in touch before when I was in UK when I took your advice.

I am now in India, applied for my settlement visa on 05/05/2010 & was refused : ( He refused me for some silly reasons. I have a solicitor in place in UK who told me before I travelled here that it might get refused at the first instance but we will win it on appeal. He said if it was refused the whole process time would be around 6-8 months.

It was refused on the 28 July 2010 & we put an appeal in 09 August 2010. We received an acknowledgement from the tribunal with notice of pending appeal giving ECO UNTIL 12 Jan 2011 to reply back with his bundle.

I am gutted & feel so helpless & unlucky!!! I have spoken to my solicitor on several occasions & he has written a complaint letter to the tribunal saying they are just wasting the time by giving ECO 19 weeks to reply back as there is no new evidence to provide from his side but my solicitor thinks tribunal won't change their decision.

My wife & kids were here with for a couple of months & since they went back, I feel so SAD! I shouldn't be ungrateful to Allah s.w.t because there are many people suffering through worse scenarios.

But I would just like to ask you a few things sir, Do you think tribunal might give an earlier date? Do the ECO's take the whole time or would they reply quicker? Is there anything I can do make this process quicker?

The way it stands, I will be without my wife & kids until next February or maybe later god forbid!

Your kind advice would be greatly appreciated, Thank you so much in advance sir!

May Allah s.w.t bless you. Ameen!

pancake
Newly Registered

Post by pancake » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:39 am

Hi Bazzyboi,

You said your visa was refused for silly reasons...what was the reason given by the ECO?

bazzyboi
Newly Registered

Visa refusal!

Post by bazzyboi » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:32 pm

pancake wrote:Hi Bazzyboi,

You said your visa was refused for silly reasons...what was the reason given by the ECO?

320(11) As i was an overstayer! Valid but I have been married religious way & in court & according to Article 8 of human rights he cannot refuse me on that.

Insufficient funds. Invalid, as he probably didn't look at the bank statements properly which had enough money for us to be able to survive for a good few months!

Driving conviction in Jan 2009. Invalid as I wasn't even driving at that time & there is no police record to prove it!

Could anyone going through appeal process or have been, please share their experience on time limits & stuff.

Thanks!

staycool
Newly Registered

Post by staycool » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:29 pm

hi all i submitted my application from mumbai south on 12/08/10 just heard till now application under process.it will be almost 2 months now 8 weeks.

hopefully shd hear something soon.anybody who filed on similar dates.
stay in touch
:-)

has152
Newly Registered

Post by has152 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:29 pm

staycool wrote:
hi all i submitted my application from mumbai south on 12/08/10 just heard till now application under process.it will be almost 2 months now 8 weeks.

hopefully shd hear something soon.anybody who filed on similar dates.
stay in touch
:-)

keep us update hopeful you will get it

chilly9876
Newly Registered

Post by chilly9876 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Mine was filed 13/08/2010 but not sure if it was mumbai north or south as its for my wife.

Mine still doesnt say under process. It still says "your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission"

It's been 2 months and it still hasnt changed to under process. Should I be worried???

staycool
Newly Registered

Post by staycool » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:46 pm

hey chilly today in evening station changed application processed and returned to bluedart tommorow i will know if i got visa...........
urs and mine was same dates hopefully u shd hear something

application submitted 12/08/2010
status changed 2 months after 13/10/12010

they have not aasked for any medicals. i am keeping fingers crossed.

VNM
Newly Registered

Post by VNM » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:35 pm

staycool wrote:hey chilly today in evening station changed application processed and returned to bluedart tommorow i will know if i got visa...........

Any one else who applied for settlement visa at BHC Delhi around 14/09/10... would be interesting to know if it is till under progress...

chilly9876
Newly Registered

Post by chilly9876 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:43 pm

staycool wrote:hey chilly today in evening station changed application processed and returned to bluedart tommorow i will know if i got visa...........

Hi,

My wife has just had a call from her agent saying shes got her visa!!!

Hope u recieve the same news staycool and to all who are waiting

mohammedbatley
Newly Registered

Delhi

Post by mohammedbatley » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:22 pm

I APPLIED AT DELHI ON THE 30TH JULY FOR MY WIFE AND SHE GOT HER VISA ON THE 5TH OCTOBER. 49 WORKING DAYS AND THEY DIDNT DO A MEDICAL. AS LONG AS ALL THE PAPER WORK IS CORRECT THERE WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM IN GETTING A VISA THANKS.

pancake
Newly Registered

Post by pancake » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:09 am

It seems like everyone who's applied from Delhi for the spouse visa has disappeared on the message board. Am i the only one left?
Its been exactly 8 weeks and 3 days since my hubby submitted the spouse visa. We still haven't heard anything : (

I'm missing him so much. Its like the ECO's dont care that its so hard to stay apart. Sorry i just cant keep these thoughts to myself.

Pancake