ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 student visa extension rejected

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kooky
Newly Registered

Tier 4 student visa extension rejected

Post by kooky » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:23 am

URGENT PLEASE!!

Hi
My sister's student visa extension for english language was refused (because she didn't have qualifications at the level of B1). she has been studying at a highly trusted college (rubbish - they don't care about students, they only after their money).
Now her english has been tested by a private english college and she passed. the college is B rated. can we enroll her with this college and sent a fresh visa application? her visa expires on 7th Sept. Please help.

Thanks

kooky[/u]

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:54 pm

What was mentioned in her CAS as the method of assessment of her English Language Ability? Is there any qualification listed or it was by online test?

kooky
Newly Registered

Post by kooky » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:57 pm

it was esol entry 2 certificate. could she do an online test and how please ...

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:20 pm

I sent you a private. please answer and we could find a way :)

kooky
Newly Registered

Post by kooky » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks Samira. I am new to this site. How can I view private messages.

Cheers

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:59 pm

It is in the top of the page, there is a link: Private Messages and then you can see. In addition, you could send me an email to samira_abc@yahoo.com

aravinthan
Newly Registered

Post by aravinthan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:13 am

Hi Kooky,

When was the first CAS issued? Before 23 July? If so she can study bellow level B2. If not her level of study should be B2 or above.

Whats the level the new college offers? B2? if so you can make a fresh application. There wont be any problem.

How did the new college assessed her? Even though secure language test is not mandatory for english courses I would say it would be better if your sister can prove she is competent in level B1 with a results in secured english langauge test.

Apply with the new CAS letter if this is level B2. In the mean time ask your sister to sit one of the secured langauge test. If she passes B1 level then she can send the result as a further evidence/ additional information.

secured english langaue test is explained here.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... estst4.pdf

if you have any queries let me know.