ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings Assessment...Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Previous Earnings Assessment...Urgent

Post by Visa_Novice » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:27 am

WP to tier-1 in-country application.

I have reached London on 18 March 2008 and started working on WP from 20 March 2008 to till date. I have started getting my payslip from April 2008 and till Feb 2009 I have received 11 payslips.

Now what should I consider as my previous earning duration.

1) 20 March 2008 to 29 Feb 2009 - 11 Months 10 days - 11 payslips
2) 20 March 2008 to till date(23 March 2009) - 12 months 3 days - 11 payslips.
3) 20 March 2008 to 31 March 2009 - 12 Months 11 days - 11 payslips. I have neither received salary for this month nor the salary slip. I can send them in future after submitting the application once I received the same. is it allowed to do? how to do it if I can do it ?

I am able to claim necessary points based on these 11 payslips.

Kindly help.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Previous Earnings Assessment...Urgent

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:51 am

You can only consider/show what you have received in Bank. If you have money received for all 12 payslips in bank, you can use it. If not..then not.
You have to corroborate your payslips + bank statements.
If you have score enough points from 11 payslips then use it as it is.

Visa_Novice wrote:WP to tier-1 in-country application.

I have reached London on 18 March 2008 and started working on WP from 20 March 2008 to till date. I have started getting my payslip from April 2008 and till Feb 2009 I have received 11 payslips.

3) 20 March 2008 to 31 March 2009 - 12 Months 11 days - 11 payslips. I have neither received salary for this month nor the salary slip. I can send them in future after submitting the application once I received the same. is it allowed to do? how to do it if I can do it ?

Kindly help.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:07 am

All of my earnings that are on payslip are not in my bank statement.
I mean when I joined in UK at that time company paid me 3500 GBP in advance(In the form of cash and in the travel card of an Indian bank) which is not in my bank statement. My UK payslip includes this advance amount but it is not reflecting in my bank statemnt. I am eligible for tier-1 only if I include this advance amount. If I remove this amount from my total earnings then I am not eligible for tier-1.
Kindly advice what shall I do ?
Shall I take a letter from my current employer stating that I have received this amount as advance and it is not reflecting in my bank statement ? But this is the last option(Getting letter from employer) I would like to do any other option is preferable.

Please help me as soon as posible as I am close to the submission date.

IshaK19

Post by IshaK19 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:15 am

Visa_Novice wrote:All of my earnings that are on payslip are not in my bank statement.
I mean when I joined in UK at that time company paid me 3500 GBP in advance(In the form of cash and in the travel card of an Indian bank) which is not in my bank statement. My UK payslip includes this advance amount but it is not reflecting in my bank statemnt. I am eligible for tier-1 only if I include this advance amount. If I remove this amount from my total earnings then I am not eligible for tier-1.
Kindly advice what shall I do ?
Shall I take a letter from my current employer stating that I have received this amount as advance and it is not reflecting in my bank statement ? But this is the last option(Getting letter from employer) I would like to do any other option is preferable.

Please help me as soon as posible as I am close to the submission date.
Dear Visa_Novice,

The visa officer normally verifies you earnings by your payslip and bank statements. They do this as earnings proof is collected based on two evidences. So whichever amount you get in your payslip should be shown in the bank statement. You should definately take an employer letter but I am concerned that both your payslip and employer letter are from the same source.

Now, Did u take copy of those travel cheques. Can you also ask ur employer to mention in ur cover note that u received this amount in cash. Also, you can show the copy of travel card of indian bank. I just got my tier1 stamped and I showed 9 months of UK bank statements and 1 month of indian bank statement and it did get passed.

I will say go for it. Good luck.

Thanks,
Isha

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm

1) I have received 500 GBP as cash which can just be confirmed by my employer as it can never reflect in my bank statement - for that Shall I take letter from my employer or just mention about it in cover letter should do.
2) Since I had travel card of ICICI, I can take online statement printout of it without any bank stamp. I can not get it officially stamped and signed by ICICI bank. Is it sufficient ? I can also attach zerox copy of the travel card. Should I do that ?
3) In any case all of this advance amount is reflecting in my payslip as advance so shall it be OK if I clarify about it in cover letter truly or shall I mention that I have received all of this amount as cash(It could be the problem if they cross verify this amount with employer which is going to tell the truth).
4) I was getting one component of my salary in India as well. As a cushion to my earnings should I show my India earnings as well (Without using any uplift ratio as I was working in UK for whole of this period) ? If I should show my India earnings as well then I can get my Indian Payslips attested by my employer (as it is online printout) and can give printout of my online bank statement. Again here I will not be able to give stamped bank statement rather it will be just online printout of the bank statement. Should I do this or should I keep refrain from doing this ?

Any experienced member kindly help.

Thanks.

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: Previous Earnings Assessment...Urgent

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:WP to tier-1 in-country application.

Kindly help.

Visa ,

11 months is fine . dont need to show 12 .

you can even show 10 if you get the points .

I showed only 9 in my initial HSMP apps .

Guidance also says that you dont need 12 .

But as others say .

10 payslips should be matching 10 statements credited .

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Could any experienced member reply to my last query please...its urgent...

IshaK19

Post by IshaK19 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:1) I have received 500 GBP as cash which can just be confirmed by my employer as it can never reflect in my bank statement - for that Shall I take letter from my employer or just mention about it in cover letter should do.
2) Since I had travel card of ICICI, I can take online statement printout of it without any bank stamp. I can not get it officially stamped and signed by ICICI bank. Is it sufficient ? I can also attach zerox copy of the travel card. Should I do that ?
3) In any case all of this advance amount is reflecting in my payslip as advance so shall it be OK if I clarify about it in cover letter truly or shall I mention that I have received all of this amount as cash(It could be the problem if they cross verify this amount with employer which is going to tell the truth).
4) I was getting one component of my salary in India as well. As a cushion to my earnings should I show my India earnings as well (Without using any uplift ratio as I was working in UK for whole of this period) ? If I should show my India earnings as well then I can get my Indian Payslips attested by my employer (as it is online printout) and can give printout of my online bank statement. Again here I will not be able to give stamped bank statement rather it will be just online printout of the bank statement. Should I do this or should I keep refrain from doing this ?

Any experienced member kindly help.

Thanks.

1. I will advice do both. Mention this amt in cover letter and also get an employer letter.

2. I was wondering we have ICICI in London. Can they attest those online statements which had travel card details. If not what if you order these statements thru call center. I think they are delivered withi 5 days but if you dont have time then mention in cover letter and attach a xerox.

3. Being honest is the best way. In case they cross check with employer and they confirm that u recived it in cash it will be trouble. So best is menton in the cover lettre.

4. You can include INdia earnings. I did the same. Do get ur payslips attested by employer. But plz dnt attach online bank statements without attestation as they hav clearly mentioned in guidelines that online statements are permissable but shud be attested.

Now if you dont hav time, I will advice walk upto bank branch and ask them to attest them. I did the same with Std chtd bank

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Now, Did u take copy of those travel cheques. Can you also ask ur employer to mention in ur cover note that u received this amount in cash. Also, you can show the copy of travel card of indian bank. I just got my tier1 stamped and I showed 9 months of UK bank statements and 1 month of indian bank statement and it did get passed.
Was your Indian bank statement original ?

IshaK19

Post by IshaK19 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:54 am

Visa_Novice wrote:
No I couldnt wait for original statement so I took print out of my statement online and got it attested

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:03 am

Attested from whom ?
I can not get it attested by ICICI in London. They do not deal in it .

bibamundaa
Newly Registered

Post by bibamundaa » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:56 pm

IshaK19 wrote:
Visa_Novice wrote:
No I couldnt wait for original statement so I took print out of my statement online and got it attested
Isha - was your online bank statment accepted then ??? mine is similar case

rashichopra
Newly Registered

Post by rashichopra » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:52 am

My situation is the same.Pls advise if the bank attests the travel card statement as i am in urgent need of the same.pls advise ifthis will be accepted by the home office.Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:41 pm

rashichopra wrote:My situation is the same.Pls advise if the bank attests the travel card statement as i am in urgent need of the same.pls advise ifthis will be accepted by the home office.Thanks.
If you are trying to use a traveller card as evidence of maintenance funds or income, then reading this topic may be useful.

regards

rashichopra
Newly Registered

Post by rashichopra » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Dear sushdmehta,

Thanks a lot for your reply.But this topic does not help me .I am not showing my maintainence funds through travel card but only a part of my earning for which i am also getting a second proof ..that is ...payslips from my employer.I just want to know that will online statement of my travel card be accepted as an additional document in support of the same as i believe two documents are required from different source for this purpose.Thanks.PLs advise.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Unless the entire salary (for each month) was credited into the traveller card, then the amounts on your payslip and traveller card statement will never match.

If only a small proportion of your income was credited into the traveller card then,
1. How can you prove that the money loaded in the traveller card is part of your "earnings" and not some sort of "reimbursement or "advance loan"?
2. if a regular feature (money being loaded in card), adds to the confusion as you'll need to provide 3 evidences of earnings (payslips, bank statements and traveller card statement) and ensure that the caseworker understands your case and believes in the evidences submitted /claims made.

regards

rashichopra
Newly Registered

Post by rashichopra » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Hey,Thanks a lot for your advise.Yes the entire salary for Uk is transfered by the company to this card and Uk payslip and card statements credits are the same.I hope this is alright then?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:26 pm

rashichopra wrote:Hey,Thanks a lot for your advise.Yes the entire salary for Uk is transfered by the company to this card and Uk payslip and card statements credits are the same.I hope this is alright then?
In that case, traveller card statement(s) certified by the issuing bank may be acceptable because, IMHO, the policy document does not dictate that earnings must be credited / paid into a "cash account" and evidence submitted thereof.

regards

rashichopra
Newly Registered

Post by rashichopra » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Thanks a lot for ur time and advise :)