ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when should i apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Only yours

when should i apply for ILR?

Post by Only yours » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:24 am

Hi,

i got out of country workpermit for five years on 2/2/2006, visa stamped on the passport for five years on 14/03/2006 and arrived in uk on 8/4/2006 and since then working.

i understand ILR has to be applied 28 days before completion of five year period, just wondering which of the above date minus 28 days should i use to apply for ILR

thanks

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:38 am

From your date of arrival in Uk, so 8/4/2006 - 28

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 am

You may apply for ILR between Friday, 11 March 2011 and before your leave expires. KOL required.

However, if your leave expires earlier, then there may be discretion for you to apply for ILR before your leave expires, similar to Tier 2 holders.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Only yours

Post by Only yours » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Hello,

my kids and prtner have ILR immigration documents which shows their photographs and all detail about them because no passports were sent to homeoffice.
now they have their home country passports, please can you clarify below questions.

can they travel to their home country with keeping immigration documents and passports together?

will there be issue when they travel back to UK?

do they need to get ILR stamps on their passports from homeoffice before they travel abroad?

thanks very much for your time