ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension - Limited Company Director

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dilip_gem

Extension - Limited Company Director

Post by dilip_gem » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm doing Contracting work through my own Limited company for which I'm the Director. I take little salary (for which I don't need
to pay NI/tax as it's less than the min required for tax/NI deductions). Majority of the amount I'm taking as interim Dividend for
which my accountant issues Dividend Vouchers.
My Tier 1 is due for renewal in Feb2012. But I'm planning to get renewal done couple of months in advance. and because of this
I'm planning for my anual sal/Dividend to suit my visa application as well as to make it tax efficient.
Some where I read that the salary/Dividends are not considered as income for extension application if the NI is not paid. Is this true? If yes, whats the min NI I should be paying per year? I'm taking less salary based on my accountant's advice. As per my accountant being a Limited company
director I'm entitled to decide my salary which can be less then the national min wage requirement (which does not require NI deductions).

One more query that I've is, though the income generated through contracting is getting credited to my business account on
monthly basis. I'm taking interim dividends. Based on my needs (say once in 2-3 months in small proportions, majority of the
amount I keep in the business account). I'm planning to take majority of the amount at the end of this finanicial year.Will this cause any issue for my extension application?

I might need 35K+ for my extension. Seniors could you please advice me on how should I plan my income (salary/Dividend)
so as to qualify for my extension application?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gem

skomati

Post by skomati » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Do you have other job as well?

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:50 pm

No, I am Not employed anywhere else. I've only one contract for which I'm working through my own limted company. So I'm the employer and employee of my limited company..
skomati wrote:Do you have other job as well?

skomati

Post by skomati » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:55 pm

so how much salary u are paying yourself per year?

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm paying 475 per month which is 5700 per year..
skomati wrote:so how much salary u are paying yourself per year?