ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IMMIGRATION MESS PLEASE HELP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cwadzi
Newly Registered

IMMIGRATION MESS PLEASE HELP

Post by cwadzi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Hello to all

I stumbled accross this site and thought why not give it a tra as I have tried so many websites ,solicitors and now I am stuck !!!

I am a female Zimbabwean national 25yrs old and came into the country in 2000 on holiday .Left went back to school in Zimbabwe the following year.

In 2002 returned and started College as I was 17 in the UK too young to start uni . When I turned 18 enrolled for a degree at a London University and started working in telesales part time .In 2007 I finished my degree and continued to work for a local magazine in Marketing Advertising .Throughout my 7 yrs never had any immigration issue I would apply and receive my visa within 2-3 weeks .
Throughout the 7yrs I would visit family at least 5 times in 7 yrs during uni holidays .

Then in May 2005 when I went to visit Zimbabwe as per normal I was abducted by the Youth Militia group ZANUPF in the middle of town .They recognised me as a Zimbabwean BUT said I was show off / london whore and humiliated me in the street . They basically made fun of me because of my accent when I spoke the local language as I had been away from Zimbabwe for a long period of time my accent had a south london and shona mix.I was taken to the dentention centre for 3 days physcially abused and ordered to give oral S E X to the dentention guards I was forced to join the youth malitia group and took finger prints and photographs .

THis treatment went on and on for 3 days until I collapsed because of hunger .I was dumped near a hospital and managed to explain to the nurse what happend and she rang my mother and explained to her that it was not safe for me be around .When I told her my family name she knew it wasnt safe my grand father is a minister and his younger brother is also a minister in the ZANU PF.I myself have no interest in Politics but was just born in family full of Members of Political groups .

The nurse explained to my mother over the phone that it was not safe and I needed to leave ASAP !!!!!!!! My mother rushed over and took me straight to the airport with my passport .She paid for the next flight leaving to the uk the following morning slept in the car in fear of being found by C.I.O that operate near the aiport .

Once I arrived in the UK I was still in pain from the beatings .I was depressed for at least 9 months and dropped out of uni didnt have many friends and was always wanted to be alone and started drinking alcohol etc .Confided in the one of the lectures who didnt see me attedning classes and managed to convince the Dean that I had personall issuses and that I wanted to finish the course.So went and finished my degree 2007

The problem started after I applied for my I.G.S a few months later I recieved a leaf-let stating that UKBA will be discontinuing the I.G.S visa and should arrange to go back home once the visa is expired etc

I started to panic and went to visit an aunt(UK CITIZEN ) to get advice after consulting with her she advised I go and visit a solicitor from the church .Arranged for that and they advised me to apply for TIer 1 Point based visa .

I applied for that and the visa was refused on the basis of not having £800 at the time of application .The three months pior to that was my graduation so had spent money I had on organising gowns flight tickets for parents party etc and also I had been sending money home as the following year was grandparents 50 yrs anniversary so was saving to get them a fab present .All the money I had saved had been sent to Zimbabwe £3000.

So went to appeal once I had shown the judge where money had gone showing recepits bank statements and the judge stated that the money is not in the UK so it doent count even thou the transfers where in U.K to mothers account in the U.K and said that it doesnt count as the money now belongs to my mother.After all that the soliciotr from the church didnt even turn up for the appeal and i I found out they were a dodgy law firm called Mordi and Co and lost my £900

Since then sued the solicotors and took the case to the Law Society and put a strike against their name .

In 2009 Nov I claimed asylum on the basis of the incident that happened in 2005 I would have claimed in 2005 but I was unaware of the system and also I was covered by my student visa hence had no reason to claim asylum .Since I have applied for asylum been to court several times that has been dismissed on the basis that I took too long to claim and that it is safe to return to Zimbabwe because of all the good reports of the world cup .

I would like to start a fresh claim on the basis of marriage been with my partner for 6 months he is Zimbabwean with Indefinate Leave through Ancestor links .

PLEASE HELP
THANK YOU

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:11 pm

What you had to endure during your trip to Zimbabwe is tragic, but perhaps irrelevant from immigration perspective.

Return to Zimbabwe and apply for EC as spouse of settled person. Being an overstayer (if you are) will not influence your EC application (negatively) as a spouse.

regards

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:04 pm

I agree with above.

Good luck to you, however make sure you collate all the neccesary information and documents to show that your spouse can support , maintain and accommodate you without recourse to any public funds

cwadzi
Newly Registered

Update 25/08/2010

Post by cwadzi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:02 pm

The relationship has ended recently and the Home Office are refusing to return my documents to return to Zimbabwe and they have also refused the asylum claim .I have absolutely no support now besides the £25 I borrowed from a friend and staying at friends NASS she is also at risk of loosing support .

The home office is have said that I am not entitled to work ,not allowed to be deported no am i entitled to any U.K Leave to Remain .

I am so tempted to start working because I cannot live on fresh air !!!!!!

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Re: Update 25/08/2010

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:47 am

cwadzi wrote:................. the Home Office are refusing to return my documents to return to Zimbabwe and they have also refused the asylum claim .
Go and see the International office for Migration (IOM):-

http://www.iomlondon.org/

Tell them you wish to make a voluntary departure (VARP - look at the link to the application form on the IOM website), and that UKBA have your documents. You could be on a plane within a couple of weeks.

bluebird
Newly Registered

Post by bluebird » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:54 pm

I felt so sorry to read this story. I have no way of helping you, but take heart and God be with you. :( :(

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:56 am

This lady should have been advised to apply for discretionary leave under the human rights act.
I wonder what then happened of this case. If you are still here please respond.