ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can somebody help with this question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluebird
Newly Registered

Can somebody help with this question

Post by bluebird » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:01 am

I had just written another topic and it never came up. My question is as follows. I have discrectionary leave to remain through family life. I had it given to me, because my family are british and my daughter is British too. My ex partner, and i spilt 3 years ago because he was very abusive. I applied to home office and told them everything about this situation. I also told them i was not living with him. We went to court over 1and half years fighting for residency of our child.

We both ended getting joint residency. I and my partner have reconciled but leave apart at the moment. His changed back to himself , i have monitered the progess for the last year and i believe everyone deserves a second chance especially our child. I want my family back together now, and we are tired of fighting in courts over our daughter.

If i decide to marry him, and i allowed to marry him because i have discrectionary leave to remain through article 8, family life . . Am i allowed to marry him, and keep my status that i have?

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Can somebody help with this question

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:24 am

If i decide to marry him, and i allowed to marry him because i have discrectionary leave to remain through article 8, family life . . Am i allowed to marry him, and keep my status that i have?
You can not apply for spouse visa while on DL for 6 years.After six years(3DL+another 3DL) then you can apply for spouse visa.

If you remain on same visa and marry him but for immigration purpose No.

I have other thoughts you can switch to access to child visa from oversea and after one year you can apply for ILR.

I know this is difficult but one more option.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

bluebird
Newly Registered

Post by bluebird » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:38 am

alikhan28 wrote:
You can not apply for spouse visa while on DL for 6 years.After six years(3DL+another 3DL) then you can apply for spouse visa.

If you remain on same visa and marry him but for immigration purpose No.

I have other thoughts you can switch to access to child visa from oversea and after one year you can apply for ILR.

I know this is difficult but one more option.

Ali
Thanks for the reply. I do not want to change my visa, because although we intend to get married i want to remain on DSL because he is still doing what the visa is for. He loves his daughter and i am happy with what i have.

I am not sure, if i am allowed to marry him while i have discrectionary leave to remain. Is it allowed to get married if on it? When i renew it, although my ex-partner stills sees his child for 3 full days per week, by court order now, will it complicate things that we will be leaving as a family.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:10 am

alikhan28 wrote:You can not apply for spouse visa while on DL for 6 years.After six years(3DL+another 3DL) then you can apply for spouse visa.
After marriage, it may be possible to apply for a spouse entry clearance from outside the UK.

After six years (3DL + another 3DL), then you may apply for ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bluebird
Newly Registered

Post by bluebird » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:46 pm

vinny wrote:
alikhan28 wrote:You can not apply for spouse visa while on DL for 6 years.After six years(3DL+another 3DL) then you can apply for spouse visa.
After marriage, it may be possible to apply for a spouse entry clearance from outside the UK.

Thank you vinny for the reply. Is it allowed to marry, i want to know pliz . I am really not interested about changing visas. I am asking if i can get married on discrectionary leave or it's not allowed. I do not mind staying with the visa i have got. If we are allowed to marry, can i still keep the visa. My marriage is not for immigration purposes but just love.

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:52 pm

bluebird wrote:
vinny wrote:

Thank you vinny for the reply. Is it allowed to marry, i want to know pliz . I am really not interested about changing visas. I am asking if i can get married on discrectionary leave or it's not allowed. I do not mind staying with the visa i have got. If we are allowed to marry, can i still keep the visa. My marriage is not for immigration purposes but just love.

Yes You are allowed to marry him on discretionary Leave

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi
Yes You are allowed to marry him on discretionary Leave
Lol I said he can marry but can not switch to spouse visa inside UK.

Yes as Vinny said he can apply for spouse visa from oversea.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by HRY2005 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:04 pm

alikhan28 wrote:

3DL+ another 3DL = ILR
Live and let live

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by HRY2005 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:13 pm

You can even get married if you have no visa at all provided you are in a genuine relationship and can prove it and in your case, its real.
Live and let live