ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years Permanent Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lavu369
Newly Registered

Post by lavu369 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:54 am

If i have got an oppurtunity to work in other country , if I run my UK pay roll will that period be counted for my 10 years permanent residency. I was out of the country for 16 months altogether , my PR is due next october.

Can anyone help me with a suggestion...

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:47 am

See also Chapter 18 - Long residence > 2.2.4 Time spent outside the United Kingdom
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lavu369
Newly Registered

Post by lavu369 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:51 am

Thanks vinny , But I couldn't understand if i was offereed an employment with other country but the payroll will be UK Payroll , then what will be the procedure

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:17 am

AFAIK, no such provision under the long residence category. What you are referring to (economic contribution to UK - income in UK while based abroad) applies for settlement under economic route and subject to discretion.

regards