ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRIBUNAL HEARING - TIER 1- HELP NEEDED

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali541

Post by ali541 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 am

Hi all. I am sponsoring my brother in law for a visit visa to come and vist me in the UK. I have been sent a letter by the tribunal service for a hearing. i was wondering if anyone has been in the same position and if they can offer any advice on what to expect etc

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:48 pm

Is it a tribunal hearing for Tier 1 (subject line) or a tribunal hearing for visit visa (post text)?
regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ali541

Post by ali541 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi. It is just for a simple visit visa

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:52 pm

If you can arrange a lawyer than its the best option. In this case your chances are more than 90%.

Home Office lawyer might not come but judge will make sure that he grills you properly. Take all orginal evidences + most recent/new evidences. Be ready to answar all tricky question - their finance, any unusual balances in statements, arrangement for their stay, your finances, your job, ...................so on

If you let us know the main reason why visitor visa was refused than I could offer more help.

ali541

Post by ali541 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:44 am

They refused it because he didnt supply any bank statements or show his monies. He has submitted Land documents and two cars that he owns as assets and on the basis of that we were granted a hearing.

i have a full time job as a cicivl servant, i have a housing report that confirms i have ample room for him to stay. i have around 3000 in savings and get around 1400 pm from wages and benefits.

would it be a good idea to show the reason of his visit which is basically to see my wife, his sister, as she had a traumatic pregnancy and post-operation. i have a full letter from hospital detailing this. My Bank records are fully up to date.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Your documents and evidences seems fine. However you also need to provide financial evidences for your brother. Why he did not send his bank statements for visa? What does he do? If job than get a reference letter from his employer and attach his payslips, tax documents with bank statements shoing salary comming into account each month.