ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension for child born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

My Tier1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension for child born in UK

Post by My Tier1 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi there,

I have to extend my Tier 1 General visa after 1 Year. My child is born last month in UK. Do I have to apply for his extension as well ? Is there any possibility that I do not apply for his Extension untill I got my PR?

Please reply soon...
Thank you
Sat

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:04 pm

If the UK-born child doesn't need to travel outside UK until you receive settlement, then there is no need to apply for leave to remain for your child. Else, you may apply near to the time of travel.

regards

My Tier1
Newly Registered

Uk tier 1 extension for uk born child

Post by My Tier1 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:36 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If the UK-born child doesn't need to travel outside UK until you receive settlement, then there is no need to apply for leave to remain for your child. Else, you may apply near to the time of travel.

regards
Thank you very much for your reply.
Does this mean that I do not have to include his name during my Visa extension. And I can go for his application once I got my PR?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Sat

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Extension for child born in UK

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:39 pm

My Tier1 wrote: Do I have to apply for his extension as well ?
There is no question of extension of a leave (your child doesn't have a leave). To extend he must first apply for leave to enter/remain ... which he doesn't need as long as he doesn't travel outside UK.

regards

My Tier1
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Extension for child born in UK

Post by My Tier1 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:50 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
My Tier1 wrote: Do I have to apply for his extension as well ?
There is no question of extension of a leave (your child doesn't have a leave). To extend he must first apply for leave to enter/remain ... which he doesn't need as long as he doesn't travel outside UK.

regards
Thanks a lot again.. You have been so helpful and quick.

I got it that he dont need any Visa extension as he does not got any BUT Sorry to bother you as I just want to confirm that

1. Does he need any Dependant Visa before I apply for my Visa Extension?
2. Do I have to include him as an dependant in my Visa extension?

Kind regards
Sat

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:59 pm

1. The child doesn't need a visa to live in the UK but needs one if he has to return to UK (after travelling abroad).
2. You may include him in your extension application or settlement application, though it may prove unnecessary (and waste of money) if the child is not required to travel outside the UK until either parent is granted settlement.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Tier1
Newly Registered

Post by My Tier1 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:36 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. The child doesn't need a visa to live in the UK but needs one if he has to return to UK (after travelling abroad).
2. You cannot include him in your application unless he becomes your dependent (i.e.- is granted a dependent status / visa).

regards
Just last query...

when I will get my PR How can I apply for his PR keeping in mind that he does not have any dependant history?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Under current rules, he will be entitled to registration as British citizen (form MN1) as soon as either parent is granted settlement.

regards