ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General from USA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kewlclassic

Tier1 General from USA

Post by kewlclassic » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Need help and advices from the Tier1 Guru's and Pundits out here.

I want to apply for Tier 1 from US.

I am getting qualified by the new rule by scoring 100 points.

I have questions regarding my earnings:

I have been working with my new employer for almost 6 months. I am getting payed bi-weekly and money is transferred directly to my bank account. On my pay stubs i have Gross and Net salary mentioned and also how much is my annual salary. If I add my gross income for the past six months period, I am getting short of the required earnings. But if I do half my annual salary, and add with the other 6 months earning from my previous employer, i am getting required amount of 55K pounds.

Do the Visa Officer count every month deposit and sum it up and calculate the total earning? Every month Gross income doesn't have the few benefits which I am getting from my present employer and that's the reason if you sum up all the gross income for 6 months, it wont matches the half of the annual salary.

Please let me know if you guys understand my question and also inputs your invaluable responses.

Thanks and I appreciate.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1 General from USA

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:28 pm

kewlclassic wrote:Need help and advices from the Tier1 Guru's and Pundits out here.

I want to apply for Tier 1 from US.

I am getting qualified by the new rule by scoring 100 points.

I have questions regarding my earnings:

I have been working with my new employer for almost 6 months. I am getting payed bi-weekly and money is transferred directly to my bank account. On my pay stubs i have Gross and Net salary mentioned and also how much is my annual salary. If I add my gross income for the past six months period, I am getting short of the required earnings. But if I do half my annual salary, and add with the other 6 months earning from my previous employer, i am getting required amount of 55K pounds.

Do the Visa Officer count every month deposit and sum it up and calculate the total earning? Every month Gross income doesn't have the few benefits which I am getting from my present employer and that's the reason if you sum up all the gross income for 6 months, it wont matches the half of the annual salary.

Please let me know if you guys understand my question and also inputs your invaluable responses.

Thanks and I appreciate.
You have to calculate the actual gross on your payslips. Not half of your annual salary.

114. If an applicant is in salaried employment, we will assess the applicant’s gross salary before tax. This includes self-employed applicants who draw a salary from their businesses. If the applicant earned the money in a country with no tax system, we will consider his/her total earnings for the period.

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Thanks Aruni for your reply.

Can I add the "Employer paid benefits" to the total? These benefits are written on my pay stubs.

I see this in rule:

126: We will only accept allowances as 126. earnings if they are declared in the applicant’s payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:29 pm

kewlclassic wrote:Thanks Aruni for your reply.

Can I add the "Employer paid benefits" to the total? These benefits are written on my pay stubs.

I see this in rule:

126: We will only accept allowances as 126. earnings if they are declared in the applicant’s payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.
Read the policy guidance carefully, there are some kind of allowances which cant be considered. I think reimbursements cannot be taken into account. But, if the allowances or benefits are declared on the payslips, i dont see a reason why they cant be considered.

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:38 pm

i have the following written under Employer paid benefits in my pay check:

Medical : 1000.00
Dental: 1000.00
Vision: 1000.00
Basic Life: 1000.00
SUP LIFE: 1000.00
LTD: 1000.00
HSA: 1000.00

can we claim points for this?

I saw the guidance but couldn't able to decide if this is acceptable form of benefits.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:17 pm

kewlclassic wrote:i have the following written under Employer paid benefits in my pay check:

Medical : 1000.00
Dental: 1000.00
Vision: 1000.00
Basic Life: 1000.00
SUP LIFE: 1000.00
LTD: 1000.00
HSA: 1000.00

can we claim points for this?

I saw the guidance but couldn't able to decide if this is acceptable form of benefits.
This may be off-topic, but if there is a possibility for you to get GC in the US in the foreseeable future, I'd advise you not to move to the UK. It may get ugly here with all the immigration changes pretty soon.

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks ukswus. But for a different reason I want to apply Tier1. I do have my GC processing going on.

I would appreciate if you guys can help me out whether I can make Tier 1 application successful.

Any inputs and suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Thanks ukswus. But for a different reason I want to apply Tier1. I do have my GC processing going on.

I would appreciate if you guys can help me out whether I can make Tier 1 application successful.

Any inputs and suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Anyone can answer my question please?

Just want to know if I can include the Employer paid benefits in my earnings.

Thanks