ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Crossing the UK border for the 1st time since getting visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jbionic
Newly Registered

Crossing the UK border for the 1st time since getting visa

Post by jbionic » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:04 pm

I got my UK visa in the mid 2009 and since that time haven't crossed the UK border yet. I heard there is certain regulation that prescribes visa holders to cross the UK border within 28 days after collecting the documents from visa centre. Does this mean that I'm likely to have problems at border control now in 2010?

My visa is actually valid till 2012, and on the visa it doesn't say anything about 28 days for crossing the border.

wf
Member of Standing

Re: Crossing the UK border for the 1st time since getting vi

Post by wf » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:39 pm

jbionic wrote: My visa is actually valid till 2012, and on the visa it doesn't say anything about 28 days for crossing the border.
You answered your own question.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Crossing the UK border for the 1st time since getting vi

Post by mvent00 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:23 am

Should be no problem at border control, but be prepared to answer some questions from immigration officer, like why you did not use it so far, etc?
jbionic wrote:I got my UK visa in the mid 2009 and since that time haven't crossed the UK border yet. I heard there is certain regulation that prescribes visa holders to cross the UK border within 28 days after collecting the documents from visa centre. Does this mean that I'm likely to have problems at border control now in 2010?

My visa is actually valid till 2012, and on the visa it doesn't say anything about 28 days for crossing the border.