ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - now what?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manuelaux

Tier 1 - now what?

Post by manuelaux » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:31 am

How do they know?

Many things like healthcare, driving permission, extension of visa ... depends on time spent in UK.

Problem no1:
How do they know how long I am in UK? I'm Croatian citizen so I don't need to register with the police ... So how do they know? Only by stamp on my visa? What if I loose my passport?? I hope there is another way?

Problem no2:
What if I want to spend weekends in Republic of Ireland or France ... so I want to spend weekends with my friends that live in these countries? Is that will be problem when I will apply for extension.

Problem no3.
My partner and me, we are Croatian citizens so we don't need to register with the police. Is there any way that we register so we can have prove of living together on extension application?

Thanks!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 - now what?

Post by mvent00 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:47 am

manuelaux wrote:How do they know?

Many things like healthcare, driving permission, extension of visa ... depends on time spent in UK.

Problem no1:
How do they know how long I am in UK? I'm Croatian citizen so I don't need to register with the police ... So how do they know? Only by stamp on my visa? What if I loose my passport?? I hope there is another way?

When they stamp your passport, they also put your details in computer. When you will come back from France, they can know how many days you have spent outside of UK.

Problem no2:
What if I want to spend weekends in Republic of Ireland or France ... so I want to spend weekends with my friends that live in these countries? Is that will be problem when I will apply for extension.

Problem no3.
My partner and me, we are Croatian citizens so we don't need to register with the police. Is there any way that we register so we can have prove of living together on extension application?

Thanks!