ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Documents check list

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

king_kong

ILR Documents check list

Post by king_kong » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 am

Dear all,

I am due for a PEO visit in the forthcoming weeks, and would like your inputs on the list of documents I have readied.
My background:
Entered UK 2nd october 2005 (Work Permit issued thru an Indian IT company)
Extended WP 3 times till June 2009. ( all on time and valid as verified from the SAR file)
Switched toanother company on Tier 2 work permit in June 2009. With the same employer till then.

Here is the list of documents I have collected:
1. Four P60s from my previous employer. Signed and certified. for the years 2005-6, 2006-7, 2007-8, 2008-9
2. One P45 from my previous employer. Signed and certified.
3. All bank statements for 5 years.
4. Payslips since June 2009 from my current employer. Signed and certified
5. P60 for 2009-10 signed and certified from my current employer.
6. Letter from my employer about the continued requirement.
7. Set (o) latest form
8. Photographs of self and dependents.
9. Employment history from HMRC ( it contains only the details from 2007 and says starting date not held)
10. Bankers draft for the home office payment.
11. Marriage certificate
12. Birth certificate.

I am also planning to carry the council tax receipts etc in a back up folder.

Please can the experts have a look at this list and caution/alert me if I am missing something obvious?

Thanks and regards

WPT1GHELP
Newly Registered

Post by WPT1GHELP » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:53 pm

I am not an expert, but just got my ILR from Birmingham(Solihull) PEO on 24th Aug based on 2.5 year WP + 2.5 year Tier-1. I took all the document like you, but I was asked for the following documents in sequence,

1. Application Form (including all the dependants)
2. All Passports (dependants and any old passport)
3. LUK test pass cerificate

Then he started checking my details on his computer while I was sitting at the counter in front of him. After about 10 mins he asked me for the rest of the documents, again in following sequence,

4. Last 3 months payslips
5. Letter from Employer (I didn't have it, so he asked for P60)
6. All 5 years P60

Then he asked me few questions e.g. which employers did you work in the past and residential addresses in the past 5 years. After checking something on his computer about 10 minutes, he said everything is fine, please pay at counter no 6. I went to the counter and gave the lady my credit card. she took the payment and asked me to come back in 2 hours and collect my passport.

I went to to shopping mall, as it was right in the town centre and after about 2 hours went back in and the passport was ready with ILR stamped on it.

:-)

One more thing, all documents were original.

Hope this helps and all the best to you.

king_kong

Thanks. I forgot the Life in the UK test totally.

Post by king_kong » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi,
Many thanks for your reply.
Both me and my wife (dependent) passed the life in the UK test and I almost forgot about it.
Got to file them as well.
Thanks again.