ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request for guidance in dependent visa (urgent plz)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mumtazali
Newly Registered

Request for guidance in dependent visa (urgent plz)

Post by mumtazali » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:58 am

Hi,
My name is Ali and I have joined as a full time PhD student in Edinburgh University on 09th August, 2010. I am married and I want to invite my wife and 1 child (age: 1 month).

For dependent VISA, I have checked the website of UKBA and completed all documents including accommodation here in Edinburgh. Now, I am confused in Bank Statement. So, my query is how much my dependent have to show the amount in bank account (for 9 months or only 2 months)? Keeping in view that I have started my studies on 9th August, 2010.

Please guide me in this matter, urgently.

Thank you
Ali

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Where did you check?

Everything is simple:
inside London £535 per month per dependent
outside London £400 per month per depdenent.

letsgo2uk
Newly Registered

Post by letsgo2uk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:56 pm

hi,

If you will be studying in the UK for six months or less, you cannot bring your family members to the UK.
If you will be studying in the UK for more than six months, you can bring your family members to the UK. They must be able to support themselves financially for the entire length of their stay without needing help from state benefits (also known as public funds).
Family members (also known as dependants) are:
your husband, wife or civil partner; or
your unmarried or same-sex partner; or
your children aged under 18 years old.
The money that your family members will need to show depends on your own circumstances, including:
the length of your course;
where you will be studying; and
whether you are currently studying or have recently studied in the UK.
Your family members (or you) must have enough money to cover their monthly living costs. Your family member may have to pay a lower amount of living costs if you are applying having completed a course, or are about to complete a course of study in the United Kingdom that was at least six months long in the past four months. If your family member does not have enough money and cannot prove it, their application will be refused.
The amount of money that your family members (or you) will need to show (as well as the money you must show to cover your own living costs in the United Kingdom) is:
Where you will study Money needed
In London
Each of your family members will need to show that they (or you) have £533 per month, for each month of your course up to a maximum of nine months
Outside London Each of your family members will need to show that they (or you) have £400 per month, for each month of your course up to a maximum of nine months

visa form at
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

named

Application form VAF10 - PBS Dependant
PBS Dependant guidance notes

mumtazali
Newly Registered

Which condition apply funds for 2 months or 9 months???

Post by mumtazali » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:18 am

letsgo2uk wrote:hi,

If you will be studying in the UK for six months or less, you cannot bring your family members to the UK.
If you will be studying in the UK for more than six months, you can bring your family members to the UK. They must be able to support themselves financially for the entire length of their stay without needing help from state benefits (also known as public funds).
Family members (also known as dependants) are:
your husband, wife or civil partner; or
your unmarried or same-gender partner; or
your children aged under 18 years old.
The money that your family members will need to show depends on your own circumstances, including:
the length of your course;
where you will be studying; and
whether you are currently studying or have recently studied in the UK.
Your family members (or you) must have enough money to cover their monthly living costs. Your family member may have to pay a lower amount of living costs if you are applying having completed a course, or are about to complete a course of study in the United Kingdom that was at least six months long in the past four months. If your family member does not have enough money and cannot prove it, their application will be refused.
The amount of money that your family members (or you) will need to show (as well as the money you must show to cover your own living costs in the United Kingdom) is:
Where you will study Money needed
In London
Each of your family members will need to show that they (or you) have £533 per month, for each month of your course up to a maximum of nine months
Outside London Each of your family members will need to show that they (or you) have £400 per month, for each month of your course up to a maximum of nine months

visa form at
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

named

Application form VAF10 - PBS Dependant
PBS Dependant guidance notes
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

I am in UK (Joined the course on 9th Aug, 2010). So which condition apply: 400 pounds for 2 months or 9 months???

Thanks in advance

letsgo2uk
Newly Registered

Post by letsgo2uk » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:01 am

Hi,

I think for this case it should be 9 months because your family is outside UK

Yes one thing I would like to ask you that, how long your ATAS clearance took? I have applied on 12 Aug still waiting...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:16 am

400 * 9 = 3600 * 2 dependents = 7200 pounds.

regards