ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Inquiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:55 am

Thanks for your concern.

No, luckly I didn't loose £500. As in the first stage itself they told me that I'm 1day due to eligibility. My WP is valid until Aug 2006,need to extend it.
northmain112 wrote:Kavik,
Aww, Sorry to hear that your ILR was not considered just because it was a day short. It is really unfair. Did you lose the £500 fee? Do you have an extra year validity on your current workpermit, which would enable you to apply for ILR next year then?

supertiger

Post by supertiger » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:09 pm

Does the qualifying period starts from the WP approval date or the visa approval date? as there's usually a gap in between. Mine is just a week's difference but have a friend whose visa was approved 2 months after...

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:23 pm

If you are already in the country: and got WP approved on one date, later you got stamped. In this case as per I understand it is the date you got approval letter.

If you're out of the country: it is the date on which you entered the country not the stamped date.

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:39 pm

Kavik wrote:If you are already in the country: and got WP approved on one date, later you got stamped. In this case as per I understand it is the date you got approval letter.
What counts is the day when your Leave to Remain changed to WP employment.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

sonal

Post by sonal » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:27 pm

Kavik wrote:Hi Sonal,

Congrats! :D

I was there tooo(in Liverpool on 31st). I was the first person to be called(Ticket no 1 :lol: )..
As I was 29 days to four years. In reception itself she said NO.. Very disappoointed. But really it was not in my hands. so just romed in Liverpool streets to time pass until 5.30pm(to catch bus back to London).

Congrats once again.
Thanks for your best wishes. Kavik, Just wondering why didn't you post your application on Saturday(1st April) as you may be still eligible and on 1st April you were under 28days rule. Please let me know why you haven't posted the application on either 1st or 3rd April?

vijikrish
Newly Registered

Post by vijikrish » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:40 pm

Kavik wrote:Hi Sonal,

Congrats! :D

I was there tooo(in Liverpool on 31st). I was the first person to be called(Ticket no 1 :lol: )..
As I was 29 days to four years. In reception itself she said NO.. Very disappoointed. But really it was not in my hands. so just romed in Liverpool streets to time pass until 5.30pm(to catch bus back to London).

Congrats once again.
Hi Kavitha,

Me and freind also tried our luck at Liverpool PEO on 31st.. My friend had 29 days and me 30 days for 4 years and we got the same response at the reception. So we decided to post it to Cannock office on friday itself. The post has reached them but they haven't started looking in our appln.

Have you considered posting yours?