ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

importance of international driving license issued 4m Pakist

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poor_soul

importance of international driving license issued 4m Pakist

Post by poor_soul » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:58 pm

hi,

i wanted to know how important is it to have an international driving license in uk?

is it a good idea to invest some time, energy and few thousand rupess to get one?

will it help during my stay in uk on t1 g visa?

push
United Kingdom

Re: importance of international driving license issued 4m Pa

Post by push » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:03 pm

poor_soul wrote:hi,

i wanted to know how important is it to have an international driving license in uk?

is it a good idea to invest some time, energy and few thousand rupess to get one?

will it help during my stay in uk on t1 g visa?
If you want to drive around in UK during the first year of your entry without the hassle of passing a driving theory & practical test then Yes it is definitely worth getting one. BUT insurance on an International Licence is costly. Another point to consider - Public transport in UK is reasonably good so unless you really want to own a car, you really dont need the licence.

Lastly, International licence can be used for renting cars in UK and Europe.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Depends where you are comming.

This will give you one year entitlement to drive. Your insurance will be very high.

You may wish to spend some time, money and enery in UK to take lessons and pass your test.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Push we think alike at the same time (or I think just two minutes late)

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Sky_High wrote:Push we think alike at the same time (or I think just two minutes late)
I guess more important than that is the underlying spirit of trying to help others which is the real idea behind this discussion board which the members here seem to be sticking to.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer