ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension for 3 or 4 years now?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gulgon

HSMP extension for 3 or 4 years now?

Post by gulgon » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:02 pm

With the 5 year ILR rule now, what will happen to previously 3 year extensions? Will they give 4 year extension now? Please comment.

I will get annoyed if they are to give 3 year and then ask me to apply for 1 year again at the end of 4. year.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:05 am

You will get a better idea once some applicants have applied after 3rd April. Hold on for a few more days.

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:41 am

I called to Work Permit customer service, they said it is 3+1 years, we still get 3 years and have to apply one year extra. I am definitely not happy with this neither. Now it is very easy to connect to Work Permit customer service advisors. I made 2 calls, all connected easily, they get lots of application fee from us, so I think they increased and improved the phone service.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:26 pm

of course HO wants to ensure they suck as money as possible.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:45 pm

If it is really 3+1 then it is completely unacceptable!! the only thing that they accomplish with such bizarre rules is to make skilled migrants less integrated and more alienated.

I remember, one of the requirements for HSMP was "willing to make UK home country". How can we feel like at home now with such unpredictable and inconsistent immigration rules?

I will definetely review my settlements plans in the UK.

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:03 pm

I just called Work Permit Customer Service to ask about extention issue. Currently it is 3 year extension but there might be changes to this rule, it is not clear yet she said.

What I got from the conversation was that they will probably do it 4 year extension. But probably, it will take a few weeks before they decide I think.

technician

Thanks GULGON

Post by technician » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:30 pm

Hello,

Thanks GULGON very much for the infor. I am to apply for ext in second week of APRIL. SO I wait a little while and see if they consider to give ext for 4 years instead of current 3.

Please can you share the phone no of HO so that I can also post my exp on the forum in this regard.

Telephone no Please??

Thanks

TECH
Team work- Nurturing Talents

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:51 pm

technician,

You can find the telephone number on first page of the HSMP application form. According to GULGON said, HO is not sure yet, that is good, it is better than the answer I got. However, in this country, if you call to any customer service, everytime different people give different answer, it is pretty normal. If they give you totally wrong answer, not be shock, just call again, other people will tell you something else. Let's just wait and see.

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:56 pm

From today the contact details for all Leave to Remain Teams will change. The new details are:

Telephone number: 0114 207 6016
Fax number: 0114 207 6017
E-mail address: wpukltr@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Please continue to use current telephone numbers to contact Work Permits (UK) Business Teams and use 0114 207 4074 for general enquiries.

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:54 pm

thanks sunny for numbers. I also suggest everyone to call and ask again and again, and give our feedback. This might serve as a pressure on them to clarify things.

When I called I asked her to assure me to pass my opinion (how unfair/irrational it is to give 3 instead of 4, how we are hearbroken, etc) to her manager. And she said she will.

On the other hand, it is true that cust serv guys are generally less informed about technical immig issues. but we can at least use them to voice our concerns, as i am sure they have a database to classify questions/inquiries. And one of the classification must be "customer feedback" or "customer new feature request" etc.

So keep calling, asking and giving feedback (of course in a kind way;-)