ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DoJ havent sent back my docs + Minimum Wage

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wizardland

DoJ havent sent back my docs + Minimum Wage

Post by wizardland » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi I have 2 situations here:

First, I sent my EU1 application (via reg post) 2 weeks ago, along with my original docs but i havent got them back. i read here, ppl get them within a week. i know the DoJ have them cuz they replied to my email saying it could take up to 2 weeks for my docs to be processed. i hope they come next week, im so worrieddddd.

Second, ive been looking for jobs desperately. its like anything will do. finally got 1 in a chinese resto, part time, long hrs between 10 - 11 hrs a day and he offers me 50 euro a day??? isnt the minimum wage like 8.65 euro an hr? isnt what hes doing illegal? i am required to let the DoJ whatever happens to me, if i get a job etc, and i dont want to take the job and gets into trouble because its below minimum wage. also im eligible to work why should i get paid under the min wage, on the other hand its so hard to get a jobbbbbbbb

Vikingdub
Newly Registered

Post by Vikingdub » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Yes it is illegal. The national minimum wage is 8.65 per hour, however, certain sectors including catering, have to pay a higher rate which has been set by a JLC which sets up the minimum rates of pay and conditions of employment for the workers involved. Employers are then bound under penalty to pay wage rates and provide conditions of employment not less favourable than those prescribed.

I suggest that you report the restaurant to NERA the National Employment Rights Authority.

I know for a fact that exploitation is rife in the catering sector, as is the practice of employing illegal workers and many of the exploiters are foreign nationals themselves.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:02 pm

hi if you feel you can complaint to nera .but you must be employee first there.

frankcesca
Newly Registered

Post by frankcesca » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 am

We didn't get our EU1 docs back for three weeks, so you have no reason to worry. :)

Vikingdub
Newly Registered

Post by Vikingdub » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:41 pm

IQU wrote:hi if you feel you can complaint to nera .but you must be employee first there.
You don't have to be an employee to submit a complaint to NERA, clearly the fact that the employer is offering a wage below the minimum wage demonstrates that they are in breach of the legislation. I am sure that a NERA inspection would uncover many illegal practices.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: DoJ havent sent back my docs + Minimum Wage

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:01 pm

wizardland wrote:Hi I have 2 situations here:

First, I sent my EU1 application (via reg post) 2 weeks ago, along with my original docs but i havent got them back. i read here, ppl get them within a week. i know the DoJ have them cuz they replied to my email saying it could take up to 2 weeks for my docs to be processed. i hope they come next week, im so worrieddddd.

Second, ive been looking for jobs desperately. its like anything will do. finally got 1 in a chinese resto, part time, long hrs between 10 - 11 hrs a day and he offers me 50 euro a day??? isnt the minimum wage like 8.65 euro an hr? isnt what hes doing illegal? i am required to let the DoJ whatever happens to me, if i get a job etc, and i dont want to take the job and gets into trouble because its below minimum wage. also im eligible to work why should i get paid under the min wage, on the other hand its so hard to get a jobbbbbbbb

any one who is legally allowed to work is entitled to minium wage. You are being taken for a ride. are you an non eu national? (it doesn't matter by the way) although you have a right to be here with your spouse, the Minister thinks that registering = seeking permission to remain here (its not) wait until you get your stamp 4 which is issued whilst you wait for the EU 1 cliam. Nothing surprises me with these people

I would look around for another job because you know and I know, you will be out the door when you challenge this guy, after all, you are desparate to work and seek some money. (you hardly have money to bring employment law cases? )If you want report the matter to the authorities, something tells me these would not be keen on visits like this as there might be always the chance that some of his people are either illegal / have no work permits / students who are working well over time permitted.

wizardland

Post by wizardland » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:32 pm

got my docs yesterday. thank God.

however, they still ask for other docs (in a confusing way) it started with "i would be obliged if you submit these docs:
(then they list all the docs required if the EEA citizen is employed, self employed, studying, unemployed; which i have submitted and if i didnt, i explained it in written). weird

anyway, happy waiting for me now :(

daddy
Member of Standing

reurn of documents

Post by daddy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Did the Doj return your documents with a letter for you to get stamp 4?

Could you also tell us what documents you submited with your application for Eu1.

Your last reply on this post is not really clear, could you pls help by answering the above questions. I am also expecting my documents back for Doj, your help could help me and others here.
Thanks for you help.

wizardland

Re: reurn of documents

Post by wizardland » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:52 pm

daddy wrote:Did the Doj return your documents with a letter for you to get stamp 4?

Could you also tell us what documents you submited with your application for Eu1.

Your last reply on this post is not really clear, could you pls help by answering the above questions. I am also expecting my documents back for Doj, your help could help me and others here.
Thanks for you help.
the letter is to acknowledge that they have received my application.

the docs are both applicants and eu citizen passports, marriage certificate (if u r married to the eu citizen), and all the docs stated according to the eu citizen's activities in ireland whether he/she is employed, self-employed, etc. if you have filled out the application form, ud know what they r.