ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help please (change student visa to spouse visa)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dana
Newly Registered

Need help please (change student visa to spouse visa)

Post by Dana » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:58 am

Hi,

I'm an Indonesian national been studying in the UK since September 2003. I met my wife here in London and after living togehter for 6 months we decided to get married at Camden Borough Town Hall in January 2005. Her nationality is Indonesian but she holds an Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK visa and also a student.
I'm on a student visa from the beginning of my stay here in the Uk and up to this moment, but my student visa will be expired in the 30th of may 2006. Somebody told us instead of extending my student visa I rather apply for a spouse visa. But the problem is we are not working and still depending on income every month from my parents which are living backhome in Indonesia. And we currently renting a 2 bedroom flat which the contract will end this september. So, based on the information that I've stated above, can you please tell me if there will be a problem for me to apply a spouse visa.

Thank You

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:27 am

Is it possible for your spouse to obtain employment? Such will strengthen your application which you can still make on the basis of the support you receive from your parents. The latter on the presumption that such parental support is appropriate/ enough given the high costs of accomodation in London.

Dana
Newly Registered

Post by Dana » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:36 am

Hi,

First of all, i'd like to thank you for your fast reply, it's highly appreciated.
I don't think it would be possible for her to get a full time employment, because she's a full time student. But she paid for her university fee without any grant or loan from the government. So, is it possible to use a sponsor letter from my parents? Coz i think it will be sufficient, since we currently live from their funds for the past one and a half year. Please reply again.. thanks so much..

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:55 am

You can use our parent's sponsor letter - however I would recommend you actually have funds in your account to back this up. Can your wife's family also offer support. I would suggest that you highlight your impending graduation and that you will be able to find employment - get some adverts showing this. They will be useful for the caseworker when he/she considers your 'long term' funding position.

Raidon
Newly Registered

Post by Raidon » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:05 pm

I have an Indian passport and hold a valid work permit which will expire in 2009. I met a girl who is an Indian passport holder. She has a student visa valid until 2008 and is currently residing in the UK. What is the procedure of changing her student visa to a spouse visa? Can it be done in the UK or must it be done in India.

THanks,
RR