ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

to work or not work in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bigdave1960
Newly Registered

to work or not work in UK

Post by bigdave1960 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:04 am

My wife is looking to apply for a settlement visa in a couple of months and we would like to know on the application where it says do you intend to work in UK what is best to put she is a nurse aid at a small clinic done the job for about 8years with as far as I know mainly on the job training mostly seeing patients with diabetes (which i am diabetic my self) On one hand I have been told if she says she wants to work it will look like I can not support her and that we need the money on the other that she just wants to stay at home and be a housewife making it look like she dosn't wish to contribute anything my wife says she is happy to do either which ever will make a better case for getting a visa anybody have any thoughts on the best way to go?

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: to work or not work in UK

Post by alikhan28 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:13 am

My wife is looking to apply for a settlement visa in a couple of months and we would like to know on the application where it says do you intend to work in UK what is best to put she is a nurse aid at a small clinic done the job for about 8years with as far as I know mainly on the job training mostly seeing patients with diabetes (which i am diabetic my self)
She supopse to put Yes I have eight years of experience working as a care worker of patience with Diabetic.
On one hand I have been told if she says she wants to work it will look like I can not support her and that we need the money on the other that

Bullsits
she just wants to stay at home and be a housewife making it look like she doesn't wish to contribute anything my wife says she is happy to do either which ever will make a better case for getting a visa anybody have any thoughts on the best way to go
why not write her past job experience.This is a plus point

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too