ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 G and first baby expected

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

email257525
BANNED

Tier 1 G and first baby expected

Post by email257525 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:18 am

Dear Members.

we are expecting our first baby in couple of months, I am on Tier 1 General vise.

I understand we are not allowed most of the public funds like health in pregnancy grant, working tex credits, child benefits. I am still asking the question as if there are any other options for us.

As looking at the benefits the british people can have but it seems there is not any thing for Tier 1 General.

Any other options please

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:04 am

No recourse to public funds .. until you are granted settlement. Simple!

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:53 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:59 am

To Vinny & Such Mehta

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Looking at the above link, at Page 6, Some benefits are not considered as public funds including

1. contribution based job seeker allowance
2. contributary related employment and support allowance

If I apply for these benefits, Will it affect my visa condition as I am on Tier 1 general? Can you put some lights on it? explain in details

The reason why i am so into it because I am thinking to buy Income protection insurance and according to their terms and conditions, They will only accept the unemployment claim if you are registered with job centre/DWP etc not necessarly taking money from them but they need a proof that you are registered with them as unemployed. I dont have any intentions being unemployed but I am just protecting my family if I met an acident,sickness or made redundant or loss the job.

Please help