ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of country TIER 4 application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nat3110
Newly Registered

Post by Nat3110 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Im going back home next week to do a fresh application under TIER 4 Student. I have just completed my bachelor degree and Im going to apply for a master degree. The fact that I have completed my degree within the last four month and I am continuing my studies, how many month of maintenance do i need to show. 2 months ? or the fact that Im doing the application out of country, I need to show maintenance for whole 9 month!!!!

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Out of country TIER 4 application

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:20 pm

Nat3110 wrote:Im going back home next week to do a fresh application under TIER 4 Student. I have just completed my bachelor degree and Im going to apply for a master degree. The fact that I have completed my degree within the last four month and I am continuing my studies, how many month of maintenance do i need to show. 2 months ? or the fact that Im doing the application out of country, I need to show maintenance for whole 9 month!!!!
Whole 9 months as this is a fresh application.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:30 am

if you were in the UK on Tier 4 student, you need only 2 months.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 am

samira_uk wrote:if you were in the UK on Tier 4 student, you need only 2 months.
Lol op is asking for oversea application.See post title.

Yes inside uk is 2 months requirement.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:12 pm

But he said that he just finished his/her Bachelor in the UK. Then, if s/he studied on Tier 4 before, reduced maintenance applied to the application. If not, you are right. Applying outside itself does not mean that you are not eligible for reduced maintenance.

Regards

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:29 am

But he said that he just finished his/her Bachelor in the UK. Then, if s/he studied on Tier 4 before, reduced maintenance applied to the application. If not, you are right. Applying outside itself does not mean that you are not eligible for reduced maintenance.
I would not back this information?

Would you give me any reference to this information please?

Tier4 Visa Guideline is very clear on that.

Ali

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:21 am

Give you reference for what? For reduced maintenance outside the country? You can extend your Tier 4 visa outside or inside and there is no limitation in the guidance and rules. Even in the Appendix 8 which is for outside application, reduced maintenance stated clearly and you can use it.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:03 pm

samira_uk wrote:You can extend your Tier 4 visa outside or inside
Extensions (further leave to remain) can only be applied for from within the UK . From outside the UK, once can only apply for entry clearance (leave to enter).

regards

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:21 pm

According to what basis you say this? In appendix 8, question 6.5 it is clearly asked that if you are doing an initial application or extension and you know that Appendix 8 is only usable outside the UK.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:54 pm

Based on the universally known fact that no overseas British diplomatic post can issue "leave to remain" but only "leave to enter".

What you refer to as "extension" is a generic use of the word, and may not be correct in context of immigration rules. So while you may be extending your ability to stay in the UK to pursue your education in the UK, but from an immigration point of view you will still be issued a "leave to enter" if the application is approved.

regards

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:59 pm

But again I refer you to appendix 8 which has questions regarding extending your visa. I know a friend who did it. Yes, I know if you extend your visa outside the UK, you will get a new visa which should be validated by the Immigration Officer and therefore it is not exactly the extension or leave to remain. But in regard to reduced maintenance you could use it even outside the country.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:21 pm

I did not question whether established presence in the UK can or cannot be claimed when applying from outside the UK.

I have only stated that you cannot apply for extension of visa (leave to remain) from outside the UK - even though, in generic term, you may (still) perceive a 2nd entry clearance as a Tier 4 (student) migrant to be equivalent to an extension of stay.

regards

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:09 am

samira_uk wrote:But again I refer you to appendix 8 which has questions regarding extending your visa. I know a friend who did it. Yes, I know if you extend your visa outside the UK, you will get a new visa which should be validated by the Immigration Officer and therefore it is not exactly the extension or leave to remain. But in regard to reduced maintenance you could use it even outside the country.
According to Tier Guidance point 129.
129.A student can qualify for reduce maintenance whether he or she is applying within UK or oversea
This is common sense that leave to remain is only for inside UK not outside.

For outside Uk this would be leave to enter.

The only condition set is that the applicant is applying within 4 months time of degree completion.

Ali

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:20 pm

Yes, and I told before that reduced maintenance applicable for outside application as well.

Nat3110
Newly Registered

Post by Nat3110 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:30 pm

alikhan28 wrote:
samira_uk wrote:But again I refer you to appendix 8 which has questions regarding extending your visa. I know a friend who did it. Yes, I know if you extend your visa outside the UK, you will get a new visa which should be validated by the Immigration Officer and therefore it is not exactly the extension or leave to remain. But in regard to reduced maintenance you could use it even outside the country.
According to Tier Guidance point 129.
129.A student can qualify for reduce maintenance whether he or she is applying within UK or oversea
This is common sense that leave to remain is only for inside UK not outside.

For outside Uk this would be leave to enter.

The only condition set is that the applicant is applying within 4 months time of degree completion.

Ali
what do you mean by within 4 month? I was awarded with my degree around 15th JUly but i finish my course on the 4th of June. and my masters is starting on 30th September. Am i within the four months?

This is the confused part. Im going to see my sollicitor tomorrow for this part of teh Appendix 8 form!! The fact that I have been refused visa and im going home to make a fresh application! Is is an innitial application? and need to show money for 9 months?
I will keep you posted tomorrow! Im travelling on friday!
Wish me Luck!