ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship and children registeration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zabir
Newly Registered

British citizenship and children registeration

Post by zabir » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:42 pm

hi
Me my wife and children have got our ILR on July 30, 2010. We all came together in the UK in June 2006 under HSMP (JR) . I am wondering how long it takes now a days for British citizenship registration for adult and children, and If the child is born outside the UK and have got their ILR then can they apply for registration immediately individually or would they have to wait to apply with their parents? If yes what about child citizenship ceremony requirement?
Can some one help me,please.
Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:50 pm

For children born outside the UK, see also Query about minors application for Registration as a British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zabir
Newly Registered

Post by zabir » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi
Thanks for your reply.I could not my answer.Can you answer my question, please.

Q: If the child is born outside the UK and have got their ILR then can they apply for registration immediately individually or would they have to wait to apply with their parents?

Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:17 am

I'm surprised that you couldn't find your answer. Did you try following the links?
[url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/nationalityinstructions/nichapter9/]Chapter 9: Registration of minors at discretion[/url] > Chapter 9 wrote:Citizenship and immigration status of the parents

9.17.9 We should normally expect that:
• at least one parent is a British citizen or
• one of the parents has applied to be registered or naturalised as a British citizen and the application is going to be granted (if the parent’s application is to be refused, we should normally refuse the minor’s application as well);
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zabir
Newly Registered

Post by zabir » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks you so much for your reply. Can u give me one answer please.

When can I apply for my children registeration? Do I have to wait for 12 months after the date of ILR?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:45 pm

zabir wrote:When can I apply for my children registeration?
At the same time as either parent's naturalisation application (apply together - registration for child and naturalisation for parent) or after either parent is granted citizenship.

regards