ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Review Statistics Discussion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sjgul

Review Statistics Discussion

Post by sjgul » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:37 am

Dear Friends,

Kindly share your feedback on the % of reviews being successful (assuming the initial file sent had no flaws). I feel that out of 100 only 1 case's decision is approved. Rest 99% are again refused.

I am gaining a conception that a decision taken 1st time by HSMP team is difficult to turn around. They don't listen to any justified reasons and it all depends on the caseworker's mood and nature.

Also share your feedback on the time taken on review process.

Also, the time taken for giving a decision on review is comparitively much much more than as compared to the 1st decision as this becomes a low priority job for them. Generally it is about 2-3 months as I have read on this board.

Kindly share your feedback.

Regds,
sjgul.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:24 pm

Kindly share your experiences on this.

Regds,
sjgul.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:30 pm

I don't think its as low as 1%. One should clearly understand the reasons for refusal and create a suitable to-the-point response to overturn the decision. I think home office is fair if facts are presented in a clear and convincing manner.
I got an approval after review back in 2004.
Mini

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:33 pm

I know it is difficult to do, but if possible just relax till you hear ur review decision.

It is true that most reviews are rejected. But some are approved. There are no ifs and buts as to how that happens. If luck favours your case could be approved. But dont worry too much abt it till it happens as you cant change their decision by worrying infront of the monitor.

I dont think anyone has any statistics of reviews etc. Just search through the forums and read all posts containing the word review. You may come up with some statistics yourself.

Just give it 4 weeks before you start worrying. Hope that helps.

leedsbuddy
Newly Registered

Post by leedsbuddy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:19 pm

Mini you are absolutely right. I have also sent my review request on 17th Feb and waiting on the result. I belive a review takes a good 2 weeks time.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:42 am

Leeds buddy,

Let me know how should I senda review request. A mail and fax will do, or do I need to courier the request letter to them.

Regds,
Jasmeet.

leedsbuddy
Newly Registered

Post by leedsbuddy » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Just email and faxing the review request would do i belive. Sorry I am not sure about it. Bcoz I have a consultant looks after my case.

All the Best

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:26 pm

First, either just email or fax will do the needfull but always always ask for acknowledgment via phone or email as it'll confirm that they'v received it.

Regarding review time, yeah its abs correct that they are giving more preference to new applications rather than reviews as in my case my decision was taken in just 1 day but for the review they have already taken 2 months and i'm still waiting for it although my problem was straight forward and i did talked to my caseworker and he replied positively.

regards
faraz

kk438
Newly Registered

review request

Post by kk438 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:00 am

Hi...
i am also still waiting already 2 month is over but still no decision has been taken..

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:20 am

Well,

I have filed the review and forgotten, Back to serious work :) , filing for H1B. No trust in their review as it may take more than 2 months and more probability of -ve decision again.

Don't trust in filing again with fresh application as I doubt their benchmark for work experience section "Case worker not staisfied :lol: ". They either do it randomly or they have some internal criteria not known to applicants.

Regds,
sjgul.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:49 am

Any news guys? any of you got approval or decision after long long reviews?
I'm still waiting for it, calling and emailing them after every 15 days, but their reply is same all the time "Your case still with the Case Worker and no decision yet". I cant say anything to them but i'm waiting for the official time to over which is 14 weeks, then i'll burst them out. Its a matter of 2,3 weeks now :)

regards
faraz

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:32 am

Going through the caseworker's guidence notes, I got impression that review applicant must stick on the prima-facia document submitted. That means solid explanations, referrals are to be provided and new documents never ever to be given. Otherwise, they will ask to come along with new fee.
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:44 am

you r abs correct.. but wat if solid explanation submitted without any new document plus the problem was only in one category everything else was fine..

regards
faraz