ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Study Work Visa, Important Question !!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Perdesi007

Post Study Work Visa, Important Question !!!

Post by Perdesi007 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:12 am

Hi Everyone,

One of my friends has completed her post graduate diploma from University of Edinburgh two months ago and she was thinking to apply for PSW visa. Some one told her that she cannot apply for PSW visa under new rules. I have tried to look at new rules but couldn't find much information whether she can or cannot apply.

I then checked points based calculator it shows three qualifications,
HND from a Scottish Institution
Bachelor or Masters Degree from a UK Uni
UK Post Graduate Certificate of Education

My question is, whether she can apply for PSW visa on basis of Post Graduate diploma, If yes then under which qualification categories, i.e. Post Graduate Certificate of Education or HND from a Scottish institution?

thanx in advance

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:59 am

UK PGD

Perdesi007

Post by Perdesi007 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:47 pm

I've just read in Policy Guidance, she cannot apply. HO has mentioned only Post Graduate Diploma holders in Education qualify for this scheme. Her PGD is in some other subject.

Anyways, Thank you for replying.

yi
Newly Registered

Post by yi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:10 pm

in my opinion, u might rekon ur friend to check with homeoffice whether the qualification he got is under the consideration, just make sure u get 100% right answer u might advise ur mate to consult a professional lawer. all the best!