ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: *********** JUNE/JULY MEMBERS LIST ONLY PLEASE *********

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:33 am

..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:07 am

alikhan28 wrote:Hi
And yes we are posting issues and information as and when our status changes or any experience we have had were sharing with others eg, letters, telephone calls, emails responses from UKBA,Gerry's

And lastly its not God bless us all. 'There is no GOD but ALLAH'
May Allah bless us All. Ameen
I dont know why you get rude brother.

In English word "God i"s used for Allah.

I think you know that.

The have the same meaning.

I call Allah `God` and I am happy with that.

I dont know this topic is for making lists who applied in which month.I simply said keep this thread to issues and information.

Ali
السلام عليكم
Brother like I said with due respect, nor am I being rude or disrespecting you in anyway. I respect your answer and hope after you have read the following you will understand why there is no GOD but ALLAH
English do use term GOD nstead of Allah and they are not really the same meaning. Im not here to teach you or anyone just knowledge. Please read the following, it is useful and hope it clears a mis-understanding.

I know this is nothing to do with the topic spouse visa but it is our Imaan, faith. I hope I dont offend anyone. Pls forgive me if I do. Moderators if you think this is inappropriate please remove it.

La Ilaha Ill Allah Muhammadur Rasool Allah (There is no god only Allah, Muhammad is the Rasool (Messenger) of Allah)

THE MEANING OF: LA ILAHA ILL ALLAH
Translation of the words LA ILAHA ILL ALLAH.

LA means NO
ILAHA means GOD
ILL means ONLY or BUT
ALLAH means ALLAH

Most of the Muslims even today substitute the word GOD for the Name ALLAH. They go so far as translating the words LA ILAHA ILL ALLAH to mean There is no god but God. This latter translation is incorrect. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! Is Allah a God? No! Is the short and simple answer. Allah is not a God with a capital G or little g .

The first Kalima (Testification) says clearly LA ILAHA (NO GOD!) ILL ALLAH (Only ALLAH). The biggest misunderstanding has started from the Translations of the Holy Quran.
The translators freely substituted the word GOD where ever the name ALLAH is mentioned. It is, as if they are apologising on Allah's behalf and, in their minds, correcting the words of the Holy Quran. To compound the problem, the translators use outdated English which is neither spoken nor read by the majority of the population. It is this misrepresentation that has caused the confusion.

Today so many Muslims who do not understand Arabic believe Allah and God is one and the same because they can only understand the (incorrect) English translation. This is a major downfall. Have you ever really considered why the Kalima started with a Negative word NO followed by GOD? It was to stop the people worshipping gods in the form of statues or in the form of pictures, or in the form of mental images. It was to stop people worshipping a god or gods sitting on a throne.

If Allah is a god then the Kalima might have started with YES there is a God, or Allah is the only God, but it does not. The Kalima starts with NO god.

The name Allah cannot be converted to the English word God. Allah is infinite, which means Allah has no boundaries. Allah has no centre. Allah has no inside and no outside. If Allah had boundaries then that would limit Allah.

We are told in the Quran:

WA LILLAHIL MASHRIQU WAL MAGRIBU FA AIYNAMA TU WALLU FA SAMMA WAJHU (A)LLAHI INN ALLAHA WASI UN ALEEM

115 To Allah belong the East and the West; where ever you turn there is the presence of Allah. For Allah is All Pervading All Knowing.

[Quran: Al Baqara, Chapter 2]

If Allah was a god then we would not see his face everywhere. He would be limited by form or shape. He would be limited by time and place. Allah has no form or shape because with form and shape there is an outline that forms the shape or boundary. We are informed about this in the Holy Quran:

ALLAHUS SAMAD

2 Allah the Absolute

[Quran: Al Ikhlas, Chapter 112]

Which means Allah is not limited by time, place or circumstance. Some readers may say that Allah is referred to as God in the Holy Quran. This is true. An example of this is given here:

WA ILAHU KUM ILAHUN WAHIDUL LA ILAHA ILLA HU WAR RAHMAN UR RAHEEM

163 Your God is One God; there is no god Only He, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
[Quran: Al Baqara, Chapter 2]

In verse 163, the word God (ILAHA) is used to describe Allah (Your God is One God), but notice the context in which it is used. Allah is addressing the NON-MUSLIMS. After telling the disbelievers of the fate that awaits them, Allah informs them that their God is one God WA ILAHUKUM ILAHUN WAHID because they are only familiar with the concept of god. Allah tells the non-Muslims using the terminology that the non-Muslims are familiar with, which is god. Immediately following that in the same verse we are told LA ILAHA ILLA HU. There is no god only He the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful which is addressed to the Muslims. So the last part of verse 163 is addressed to the Muslims who should not interchange the Name Allah with the word god. You will find the word ILAHA 'God' is used throughout the Holy Quran whenever the verses are addressed to the Non-Muslims.

Taking just one more example:

1 ALIF LAAM MEEM
ALLAHU LA ILAHA ILLA HU WAL HAIYUL QAIYYUM

2 Allah! There is no god only He, the Living, the Eternal.

[Quran: Al Imran Chapter 3]

Again we are told in the Holy Quran that there is no god with little 'g' or capital 'G'. So who is Allah? Muhammad the Messenger of Allah and all the great Muslim saints (ra) from the past to present have said no one should contemplate on the essence of Allah because in doing that, a person will fall into error. But we must reflect on Allah's attributes or qualities in order to attain nearness to Him.

His Name is Allah, and his attributes or qualities are Ar Rahman (The Most Gracious), Ar Raheem (The Most Merciful), Al Malik (The Sovereign), Al Quddus (The Holy One), As Salaam (The Source of Peace), Al Mu_min (The Guardian of Faith), Al Muhaiymin (The Preserver of Safety), Al Azeez (The Exalted in Might), Al Jabbar (The Irresistible), Al Mutakabir (The Supreme) and all the other qualities mentioned in the Holy Quran.

I found in one translation of "Al Futhu Rabbani", the translator had freely used the word God when Referring to Allah. I could not find the NAME Allah anywhere in the entire book. I wrote and pointed this out to the translator. He replied, "The word GOD is mentioned in the Webster's Dictionary. It is derived from the Indian word Ghauss meaning Saviour."

The Muslims use the word Ghauss for the person who is the Chief of the Walees (saints). The Shaikh of the Shaikhs. The Christians use the word Saviour for Isa (Jesus ()). It is sad to find that these people who translate the Holy Quran and the works of prominent saints, use the word 'God' wherever they come across the Name 'Allah'. Countless people read these translations. The readers, are brain washed into believing that 'Allah' is 'God'. Is it any surprise the Muslims are suffering in this day and age, when people who have impact (that is the translators) on the lives of other people are ashamed to use the Name Allah from the Holy Quran which is the word of Allah. They would rather use the word 'God' from a Dictionary written by men.

In this day and age, the entire population of the earth is aware of the religion of Islam. They are also aware, that those who practice and follow Islam are called Muslims and not Mohammadans. By the same reasoning, the entire population of the earth is aware of the Name ALLAH. Now it must be made clear to everyone including the ignorant Muslims (through no fault of their own), that the Muslims serve Allah, they do not worship any God.

In conclusion Allah is not a god. There is no god only Allah. Allah is the proper name of our Creator. Allah is infinite, because where ever we turn there is the Face of Allah.

Only Allah Knows Best!

Moderators and other fellow members I dont intend to offend anyone and just thought this was useful I guess for the brother to read and the rest of us.

May Allah guide us all.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:59 am

It all comes down to how you interpret the translation, i'm sure none of us do this with any bad intent. Islam is about intentions.

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:52 pm

AOA786

Hi everybody my 12 weeks are over and my 13th week is starts but no response from UKBA and no employer contectd yet so any guideline what to do now or we should wait more?

Jazak Allah Khair

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:26 pm

tasawar wrote:AOA786

Hi everybody my 12 weeks are over and my 13th week is starts but no response from UKBA and no employer contectd yet so any guideline what to do now or we should wait more?

Jazak Allah Khair
have u emailed them yet, after 12 week they should give u info in regards to ur application, before 12 weeks are up they just give standard replies

mkak

Post by mkak » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:38 pm

this is the reply i got after 12 weeks
"Dear Sir/Madam,

This application has not been processed yet. We have a large volume of applications to deal with and applications are dealt with in date order but unfortunately at the moment many settlement cases are now taking 12 weeks or longer to process. I cannot specify when this application will be completed unfortunately.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team "

Henah

Post by Henah » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Yousaf- congrats May Allah bless u with a hppy marriage!!

Imran..U just have to wait now..it takes up2 12 weeks and sometimes more.. If you have got the application number which was printed on ur reciept then you can go on this website and track the progress of your visa.

https://www.vfsglobal.org/UKG-PassportT ... /ddzHqXg==
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

Henah

Post by Henah » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:51 pm

''my husband went to submit his docs in mirpur today and was told he couldnt do so for a month! i was really shocked at this and thought you could just apply when you had all the relevant stuff.

has this happened to anyone else??''

Sairah.. did they say Why?? this is quite strange because i havnt heard such a thing before. Did he make an appointment? have his TB/health check done?? My cousin is also applying next week hope they dnt say the same to to her she will be devastated!!!!
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:02 pm

Could someone please give me the email address to enquire about the visa application.

Thanks

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 pm

zeddy zed wrote:
tasawar wrote:AOA786

Jazak Allah Khair
have u emailed them yet, after 12 week they should give u info in regards to ur application, before 12 weeks are up they just give standard replies
Salaam Tasawar email, call them it does seem they have more cases than expected with the new laws coming into effect 29th NOV 2010. As many people were not aware when the new law will come into affect as they just mentioned around Autumn time.
Another reason could be due to it being Ramadhan and there opening times have changed see below:

Ramadan operating hours -
Visa application submission: Monday - Friday 08:00-12:00
Document collection: Monday to Thursday 12:00 to 15:00 and Friday 12:00 to 14:00.
info: http://www.ukvacpk.com/contactus.aspx

If you cant get anything from them may be a good idea to contact your local MP to see if they can chase it up for you.
I hope you have good news soon Insha Allah.

Email to :
UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk
UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk
ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk
Last edited by K44MYY on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Henah wrote:''my husband went to submit his docs in mirpur today and was told he couldnt do so for a month! i was really shocked at this and thought you could just apply when you had all the relevant stuff.

has this happened to anyone else??''

Sairah.. did they say Why?? this is quite strange because i havnt heard such a thing before. Did he make an appointment? have his TB/health check done?? My cousin is also applying next week hope they dnt say the same to to her she will be devastated!!!!
Henah as long as you have booked an appointment they shouldnt turn you down. Did they say why? or is it because of the Ramadhan opening times:

http://www.ukvacpk.com/contactus.aspx

Sairah best to ring before you go rather than be let down when you get there. Make sure you have an appointment made before hand with date and time. They will ask for passport number and name.

1st case Ive ever heard that they refused to accept application when you go to hand it in, very strange they must have given you a good reason for it, or you may not have had everything in order for them to process it.

Allah Hafiz
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:42 pm

shazaz wrote:Could someone please give me the email address to enquire about the visa application.

Thanks
Email to :
UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk
UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Email enquiries

If you have any questions or require information on the visa application process in Pakistan, please email Gerry's, free of charge, using the email addresses below.

Please mark your email queries to the attention of the customer service team.

Islamabad: isbvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Karachi: khivacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Lahore: lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Mirpur: mirpurvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Allah Hafiz
K44MYY

z4ydi

Re: applicant address change request

Post by z4ydi » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:41 pm

z4ydi wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
z4ydi wrote:I lodged the appeal through my solicitor on 06/08/10. I provided my solicitor with the new address and phone number for the applicant in Pakistan to go in the IAF2 APPEAL FORM, for any postal correspondance (i.e. call letter) or any phone calls, but she forgot and used the old contact details. She has written a letter with new applicant contact details to send to First Tier tribunal today.
Can BatleyKhan byeee through some light on this whether this letter will do the trick to update the contact details or would it just get lost there and after 9 -12 months wait we realise that they have sent letters to the wrong address, do you have any further suggestion or advice so I can request my solicitor to do or is this enough - I want to get this right, cant afford any delays because of this.

suggestions or experience sharing from members in the forum will be much, much appreciated.
There was no need to give your spouse information back home. You should have given your address in UK for correspondence as it will be you (sponsor)who will be appealing on your spouse behalf
I did not know that. would they send me the Call letter to my UK address? Secondly when visa is issued they normally call the applicant to collect, do I give my UK number to them? please let me know as my solicitor is sending the letter out today.

Just to clarify: Contact information is requested in Section 1 of the IAF2 APPEAL FORM, Stating "Your address or an address where you can be contacted including the country", this section is filled with my spouse details including her address.
My details are give in section 9 of the form called Sponsor Details.

Should I give my phone number and address in section 1 too?

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:23 pm

salams all

my wife applied on monday (30/08/2010) and then later on that day she got a text message saying that the visa application has been dispatched to british high commission on 30/08/2010 for processing.....
yet it seems that alot of the applicants here took 2-3 weeks after submitting the application for it to go to being processed at BHC

what does this mean????

also she got a text saying that she should contact ccspay litigation (www.ccs.pay.co.uk) quoting a reference number and a contact number 08707741251 !!!!!!!!!!!

i have been on their website and cant get past the home page and tried phoning them but no one picks up

did any one else get this message awsell???? is this linked to the application?????

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Hey Guys,

My employer was contacted a couple days ago and they have posted my employment details over to them in Croydon, they must have received the letter by now.

How do u think i can find out if they have come to a decison on my husbands app?

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:01 pm

[quote="asmajafar"]Hey Guys,

My employer was contacted a couple days ago and they have posted my employment details over to them in Croydon, they must have received the letter by now.

How do u think i can find out if they have come to a decison on my husbands app?[/quote]

to asmajafar,

i thought they contact your employers by phone and not by mail. do you work for a small company??

also can i just ask when you submitted your application???

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:39 pm

K44MYY wrote:...
Only Allah Knows Best!

Moderators and other fellow members I dont intend to offend anyone and just thought this was useful I guess for the brother to read and the rest of us.

May Allah guide us all.
Ameen. Your point is based on semantics and has many flaws, however due to the nature of this forum I'd just like to point out to anybody interested that many many scholars are of the opinion that the word 'Allah' (referred to as lafthuj jalalah in Arabic) is composed of 'al' the definite article (The) and the Arabic word for God 'ilah' and there is idgham of the hamza. Al + Ilah = Allah. Therefore it is not considered a proper noun in the traditional sense.

I'm posting that just for informative purposes, not for debating, just thought it fair to present the opposing opinion.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Alhamadulillah, wife has been here a few days now. Visa was issued back in the first week of July, passport collected mid August, all good though.

Hope all goes well for the rest of you :D
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:54 am

Hi
Thank you for your email of 12 August 2010] inquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can. You can track the progress of your application at the Visa Application Centre (Gerry’s) website at www.ukvacpk.com .

Ali
Last edited by alikhan28 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:15 am

AOA786

ALI
i send them email yesterday because my 12weeks are over and they send me the same email which you received you see email below.

UKHUB.Paki​stanSettlem​entEnquirie​sandComplai​nts@fco.gov​.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that your application has been received and is currently being processed. A decision will be made after all the necessary checks have been made.

To monitor the progress of your application, please check our VAC’s website at:

www.ukvacpk.com

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:31 am

HEY IMRANH,

I think they contacted my employers through letter thats why they sent a letter back too. I work for AXA, so it not a small company, i guess the UK border force couldnt get hold of an email for my employers.

My husband submitted his app on 26/05/10, and still waiting for a decision. Our 3 months will be over on 06.09.10.

snipered

Post by snipered » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:50 am

Salaam,

Just to let everyone know, they made a decison on our case yesterday. We are now waiting for the vac to txt.

We have been waiting for 16 weeks.

Please please please please please do dua for us (me and tweety(my wife)).
Applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Passport Recieved with Visa - 8 Sept 2010

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 am

hey snipered, how do you know they made a decison on ur case? How can i find out????

snipered

Post by snipered » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:15 am

I emailed them yesterday saying, its been 16 weeks and i would like to know some details about the status please.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Passport No. : xxxxxxx
Online Ref No. : xxxxxx
GRY No: xxxxxx
Wife's name (Applicant) : xxxxx
Wife's DOB: xxxxxx
Sponsor's name (Myself): xxxxxxx
Sponsor' Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife xxxxxxx (DOB: xx/xx/xxxx) applied on the xx/xx/xxxx for a settlement visa. It has been 16 weeks and it has still not been processed.

I emailed last week, but keep on recieving the reply that its still being processed.

Could you please provide me some details on this application please, i.e status, and any details on timescales etc?

I am missing my wife and we have missed her birthday, Ramadan and now possibly Eid. I would love to spend my Birthday with her.

You are more than welcome to contact me on xxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxx@hotmail.com or 0121 255 xxxxx (Mon - Fri 09:00 - 17:00)

Best regards

Sumair Ahmed
They replied back with (they wont tell me the decision):
Dear Sir/Madam,

A decision has been made on your application today. It will be returned to Gerrys by the British High Commission in Islamabad and this process can take at least two weeks. Please only contact us again if you have not heard anything in two weeks time. Please note we do not provide the nature of the decision as this is obvious to the applicant when they collect the passport.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team
I email every week to request an update to this email address:

Please just do dua for us, i really hope by Allah's will it will be a good result. My wife is stressing and she litterally only just wen to sleep.

snipered

Post by snipered » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:28 am

Hadeeth of the prophet (SAWS): The Prophet (saws) said:

Whenever you make a supplication for another believer and he is not present, an angel will say ‘and same to you.’

ahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab from Abu Ubayd, the mawla of Ibn Azhar, from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'You will be answered as long as you are not impatient and say, 'I have made a dua and I have not been answered' ' (Book #15, Hadith #15.8.29)
--Hadith