ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my admistraive review overturned?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

somsom2010
Newly Registered

Will my admistraive review overturned?

Post by somsom2010 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:36 pm

I have been refused the EC because My accountant letter only detail the gross earning as it supposed to detail both gross and net earnings .I have filed an Administrative review on 24/08/2010 and still waiting for the review . Is there anybody had the same experience with Administrative review? do your guys think my AR will be overturned or i have to make a fresh application?
Thanks In advance

shah1507

hi somsom2010

Post by shah1507 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:43 am

on whichu ground they refused you application what exatly they did explain in your refusal? i got same refused and i did Admin Review as well but still i m waiting....

Thanks

somsom2010
Newly Registered

Re: hi somsom2010

Post by somsom2010 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:57 am

shah1507 wrote:on whichu ground they refused you application what exatly they did explain in your refusal? i got same refused and i did Admin Review as well but still i m waiting....

Thanks
The Eco refused my application on ground of previous earnings he gave me 0 points. i provided 2 evidence for previous earnings one was the bank statement and letter from the charted accountant. but the accountant letter only detail the gross earrings as it was reflected in the bank statemented ,however, the published quittance require this letter to detail the gross and net payments made to me.i am still waiting for their view .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:52 am

Unless your gross income is not subject to any statutory or tax deductions:
1. Bank statement cannot reflect "gross" income (only net income).
2. Accountant letter stating income shown in bank credits as gross income is factually wrong.

And if your income is not subject to statutory or tax deductions as you claim, please explain how. Is income in South Africa not subject to tax deductions?

regards

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:10 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Unless your gross income is not subject to any statutory or tax deductions:
2. Accountant letter stating income shown in bank credits as gross income is factually wrong.

And if your income is not subject to statutory or tax deductions as you claim, please explain how. Is income in South Africa not subject to tax deductions?

regards
I was thinking the same thing re. the amount shown on bank statements - it cannot be gross unless, as you mentioned, it is not subject to tax deductions. And in answer to your last q there, Sushdmetha, in SA, we are subject to tax deductions from salaries, same as over here, so your answer is spot on. :)

somsom2010
Newly Registered

Post by somsom2010 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:31 pm

lkpone wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Unless your gross income is not subject to any statutory or tax deductions:

regards
I was thinking the same thing re. the amount shown on bank statements - it cannot be gross unless, as you mentioned, it is not subject to tax deductions. And in answer to your last q there, Sushdmetha, in SA, we are subject to tax deductions from salaries, same as over here, so your answer is spot on. :)
Honestly I never though about paying tax cozz i didn't know about the Tax regulation here.However i explained that to the Accountant whom issued the letter for me after being refused and he issued a new letter explained that and he also detail the gross payments, the estimated tax value that should have been paid and net payments as well. and that what i had explained in the administrative review request .what i understand they are looking for gross earnings before any deduction and they don't worry whether i paid tax or not.Hopefully they will approve my AR cozz it is frustrated process .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:42 pm

AFAIK, you are not allowed to include fresh evidence(s) when requesting AR.
Maybe you'll get lucky!

regards