ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hello

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rashmirajuurs
Newly Registered

hello

Post by rashmirajuurs » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:06 am

applied for visa on 31/july/2010
received ho letter on 5/aug/2010
its the 5th week i applied for visa and yet not got the passport. the tracking time says they dealing with applications received on or before 12/aug/2010. am really tensed. i need to travel back urgently to india due to personal reasons. thinking to ask for the passport back but tht again takes 10 days. dont know wht to do. somebody any idea wht might be the problem.
cheerz,
rashmi balaraju

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Every application is assessed on the merits of evidence(s) submitted alongwith and therefore not every application can be expected to follow the same timeline. No one but UKBA can advise you on processing time for your application - why it took so less or why it is taking so long?

regards

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:53 pm

I'd suggest calling UKBA and asking for their fax number. You can then send a fax to them, explaining the situation and requesting the urgent processing of your application so that you can travel.

If you withdraw your application, you'll lose your money, so it depends on how urgent it is that you have your passport back.

I had a similar situation earlier this month where I hadn't received my passport and ID card back within a week of having a pre-booked holiday. I faxed them a very nice letter and my itinerary and everything arrived 2 days before I was due to fly :) So there are some kind-hearted souls over there who take your urgent pleas into account sometimes - assuming you have a good reason to be hurrying them along!

Give it a try, I'd say that you don't have anything to lose by asking.

Lindsay :)

anniehyhung
Newly Registered

Post by anniehyhung » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Hello, I am waiting for mine as well
I sent my application on 29/7...
my friends who have sent 2 weeks after me have already received theirs...
:(