ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are we all immigration solicitors? John

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alikhan28
BANNED

Are we all immigration solicitors? John

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:31 am

Hi forum

I was wandering what exactly is purpose of this forum.

When I opened my user-id I was of the view that this is a discussion forum on immigration.

You can express your views or opinions freely and If you are wrong somewhere you would get feedback positively.

I am not immigration solicitors or consultant like most of the people on this forum so I can be wrong on some issue or post.

I was not expecting I would be treated like immigration solicitor and would get messages like why you are incorrect and threaten me to ban.

I write a clear message on my profile that I am expressing me opinions only so not necessarily everything is correct what I say.

But I am shocked when I started getting messages from one of Moderator named Susanetta saying you are incorrect or advice incorrectly.

He is getting personal with me without any proper reason.

Just saying you are incorrect bla bla.

If this is my crime so please ban me.

Regards

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:33 pm

In effect you are stating that:
1) if people are misguided by your advice / suggestions / feedback / information, you assume no responsibility of the same.
2) moderators / contributors / other members of this forum should spend their time and effort in searching for your posts to ascertain whether any assertions made by you are indeed correct or not, and if found incorrect, then post a clarification / response to offer the right information to the OP?
3) a signature can be used as an excuse to ill-advise people seeking help.

Some ofyour recent posts that may help you understand the concern.

If you browse the forum you'll note that people answering queries often provide links to published information or quote from linked documents / information in their responses. I hope you understand the reason for it .... to substantiate the accuracy of the response and, at the same time, pointing the seeker in the right direction where he/she can access detailed information relevant to his situation / query. Requesting that you should also follow the practice to substantiate your answers is not out-of-line and should not be misinterpreted as a threat.

The purpose of this forum is to discuss immigration matters and offer "correct" advice / information. Believing that it is either the purpose of this forum or appropriate to leave people in a (perhaps more) vulnerable situation than currently in by offering them incorrect advice or incorrect information would be a misunderstanding, to say the least.

While you find it completely appropriate to offer information that may not be correct, but misconstrue message(s) requesting you to offer correct information in your responses as a threat from a moderator. Using PM is a way of being discreet but you (mis)interpreted it as an attempt to "get personal".

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:01 pm

1) if people are misguided by your advice / suggestions / feedback / information, you assume no responsibility of the same.
Where people are misguided by my advice?Where I said I assume no responsibility.
2) moderators / contributors / other members of this forum should spend their time and effort in searching for your posts to ascertain whether any assertions made by you are indeed correct or not, and if found incorrect, then post a clarification / response to offer the right information to the OP?
Only you who are abusing your position as a Moderator.
Please dont put your words in other people.
3) a signature can be used as an excuse to ill-advice people seeking help.
As I said we all are not immigration solicitors so we express our opinions not immigration advice.Why are you assuming me a solicitors sitting in a law firm.I am on a discussion forum.

I also provide links where necessary.If in my 270 posts you find 3 or 4 where I have misjudge then what?Nobody is perfect.I said I can be wrong.Only in 2posts I was not sure.So is this crime.
If you browse the forum you'll note that people answering queries often provide links to published information or quote from linked documents / information in their responses. I hope you understand the reason for it .... to substantiate the accuracy of the response and, at the same time, pointing the seeker in the right direction where he/she can access detailed information relevant to his situation / query. Requesting that you should also follow the practice to substantiate your answers should not be misinterpreted as a threat or getting personal.
You did not said in that way.You clearly threat I said not use this forum or should not post or You would ban me.This was insulting attitude as a moderator.
The purpose of this forum is to discuss immigration matters and offer "correct" advice / information. Believing that it is either the purpose of this forum or appropriate to leave people in a (perhaps more) vulnerable situation than currently in by offering them incorrect advice or incorrect information would be a misunderstanding, to say the least.
In my 270 posts I just needed clarification in just 2 or 3 posts.

Keeping in mind I am not legal professional, this is not bad as you are making story.

You should be honest and fair in your thinking.

Regards
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:04 pm

To say that "repeated / further posts giving wrong advice / answers to people seeking help may lead to a termination of membership" translates into a threat to the effect "I will ban you if I like" is perhaps an inaccurate interpretation - to which you may disagree.

Like mentioned before, it is not appropriate of you to expect anyone to look at the 270 odd posts to ascertain whether the answers / information provided in them is accurate or not. There may be more or there may be not! Who knows .. unless someone verifies it? But recent responses, as linked above, have come to attention, have raised eyebrows and therefore - in all fairness to people seeking help on this forum - you have been asked to ensure that you offer the correct information when responding to queries.

regards

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:34 pm

To say that "repeated / further posts giving wrong advice / answers to people seeking help may lead to a termination of membership" translates into a threat to the effect "I will ban you if I like" is perhaps an inaccurate interpretation - to which you may disagree.

Why the same not applies on you?
Like mentioned before, it is not appropriate of you to expect anyone to look at the 270 odd posts to ascertain whether the answers / information provided in them is accurate or not.
You are simply twisting facts.Then why you are trying stories.
There may be more or there may be not! Who knows .. unless someone verifies it? But recent responses, as linked above, have come to attention, have raised eyebrows and therefore - in all fairness to people seeking help on this forum - you have been asked to ensure that you offer the correct information when responding to queries.
I can ask you are not giving correct information and what you said in your 3ooo posts is bullsits then this would be fair.How will decide you are giving correct advice.How have time to read your 300 posts.

This is simply bullsits.

Ali

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:48 pm

It is difficult to communicate efficiently when language becomes a barrier.

regards

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:27 am

sushdmehta wrote:It is difficult to communicate efficiently when language becomes a barrier.

regards
I can speak with you in your language like Indian,Urdu like that.

I am not good in Indian English to be honest with you.8)

Why not simply accept and move on.

Ali