ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish passports among most difficult to get in EU

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Monifé wrote:The reason for such lengthy processing time of citizenship applications is not because of the colour of one's skin or because DOJ are discriminating against applicants. It is because there are either (a) not enough employees to process applications and therefore creating a backlog or (b) some of our civil service just work too god damn slow and our country is quite bureacratic or a bit of both(C)Civil servants spend all day messing around on facebook rather than doing any work .
I added the option c for you :D 8)
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:27 pm

SBT_Owner wrote:
Monifé wrote:The reason for such lengthy processing time of citizenship applications is not because of the colour of one's skin or because DOJ are discriminating against applicants. It is because there are either (a) not enough employees to process applications and therefore creating a backlog or (b) some of our civil service just work too god damn slow and our country is quite bureacratic or a bit of both(C)Civil servants spend all day messing around on facebook rather than doing any work .
I added the option c for you :D 8)
That is incorrect :lol: Facebook and most of popular sites are blocked in our offices :lol:
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:28 pm

@Walrusgumble:

I will try to respond to the relevant areas of your post, while I ignore your other waffles.
No. I am implying nothing of the sort. WHat i am expressly stating is that there is alot of bullshit about Ireland being discriminatory on this particular issue (ie citizenship decisions).
The point here which you still don't get is that actions speak louder than voice as they say. The DoJ's continuous prolongation of citizenship application process will continue to cast a shadow of cynicism over the intent of the government in this regard. The inherent culture of lack of openness, almost knee jack defensiveness on the operations of the citizenship unit hasn't helped either.
Other EU countries do not want to know ye if they are not going to integrate and really become one of them. Here, they don't give a sh*te, just reside and pay your taxes. take your passport. Nothing hugely wrong with that by the way
.......Yet these countries have in place systems that process naturalization more effectively than Ahern and his legion at the DoJ.
Maybe if people actually responded the the requests for documents on time, it might have quickened things up. You ain't going to be travelling out of the country very much are ye?

..and you would know for sure that every long standing application is held back by delay in applicants sending documents upon request won't you `'minster'? (Gosh this dude is funny) .... and of course this only happens in Ireland as it is unheard of in other EU countries huh? Must have been a grand conspiracy to frustrate the DoJ by the applicants. You'r auditioning for farther Ted or something?
A country wants people who will stay, who will represent them in a good light when they go abroad, their colour etc is not relevant! A country does not want people who will feck off the minute they get their tickets. its being used

I could have sworn you wrote this in a previous paragraph on this post: "Other EU countries do not want to know ye if they are not going to integrate and really become one of them. Here, they don't give a sh*te, just reside and pay your taxes. take your passport. Nothing hugely wrong with that by the way". Do you even know what contradiction means, if it hits you in the face dude? So what's the official position from the two contradicting standpoint 'minister'? lol....SMH.
When are you going to stop using the dearly beloved / emotional card. Its dishonest! If you are going to use stats and facts use them correctly

Not sure this applies to any part of my post. Except if you are responding to something in your own mind dude. Calm down go back and read my post again and tell me what 'dearly beloved card' is implicitly or explicitly implied. This kind of knee jack response, to put it in your own words ........."makes you look inable (sic) to actually take in information and look quite retarded.......Emotions get you no where!!!!! its time for calm heads". Noff said. SMH.
Do you deny that the requirements to obtain an Irish passport, living aside the lengthy and unfair waiting time, is more onerous?
It has been put to you by many contributors here many time that the government is within it's power to introduce assessment methods that it deems necessary to ascertain applicants' knowledge of the country's history, language proficiency etc. That my friend is no biggie. As a matter of fact Fatty Patty would even throw in some nice Irish dancing steps for good measure. Who knows we may even get some immigrants to represent Athlone in the All Ireland finals in a few years time lol. What is not on however is this carry on of presenting the status quo as a favour to applicants while the DoJ continues to hold on to their application unnecessarily.
Do you realise how many Irish passport are applied for (and this are from people who are by law already automatically entitled to them - America is a good example)
What are you on about?! We are talking about naturalization appplication here which is dealt with by the DoJ. Application for passport for those who are automatically entitled to them is processed by the passport office which is under the department of foreign affairs dude!
......... Minister has a duty to all citizens (including naturalised) to ensure that unworthy people are not granted it (ie unemployed and criminals) why should dole querers be allowed citizenship?
Classic mass management mentality. At least now we are beginning to get to the the attitude that is fueling this Show me evidence that every one who is on DoJ's long standing waiting list is 'dole querers' (sic)? On the evidence of this thread ==> http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=25809 <== alone we've had case of highly skilled workers even business owners tens of employee been made to wait unnecessarily. The government has got to loose this siege mentality. I could have sworn there is a life register in the state. If the government want to identified the applicants who are on the dole, it can be done within minutes dude. Making everyone wait for years is hardly an ingenious way to go about it don't you think.

paying taxes, as in income taxes? I do you include the minium wage or low paid workers there?
Do not be so condescending my friend. Everyone who work and contribute their quota according to the existing legal tax obligation is entitled to the same level of respect and fair treatment from the government and people of this country.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:50 am

As a matter of fact Fatty Patty would even throw in some nice Irish dancing steps for good measure. Who knows we may even get some immigrants to represent Athlone in the All Ireland finals in a few years time lol.
hey....i aint dancing on me own...i meant everybody will be together like. :oops:

you meant westmeath there...eh no thank you i rather die :x ....kildare all the way! :P
Last edited by fatty patty on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:02 am

fatty patty wrote:
As a matter of fact Fatty Patty would even throw in some nice Irish dancing steps for good measure. Who knows we may even get some immigrants to represent Athlone in the All Ireland finals in a few years time lol.
hey....i aint dancing on me own...everybody will be. :oops:

you meant westmeath there...eh no thank you i rather die :x ....kildare all the way! :P

Yeah. They'll be playing for the county but must specifically be representing Athlone on the players' panel if you catch my drift. As for Kildare, just pray video technology is introduced soon, otherwise more heartbreaks might be in stock. Just kidding :wink:

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:10 am

ah now, next year we won't even need video decisions....coz lads will be winning by goals not mere points, i hope :roll: :wink: !

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:19 am

fatty patty wrote:ah now, next year we won't even need video decisions....coz lads will be winning by goals not mere points, i hope :roll: :wink: !
Yeah right. another 25 years of wait maybe :wink:

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:06 pm

fatty patty wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
rlow68 wrote:
agniukas wrote:i just came upon an article that probably the hardest naturalisation to get in EU is Lithuania, where only 310 people were granted Lithuanian citizenship through naturalisation in 2008. in light of that ireland is still doing pretty good in my view :)
the data is from eurostat, but i cannot locate the link to confirm it.
How many immigrants are in Luthianian? and how many people applied for the naturalisation? Put that into the passpective
Lets put it into another perspective, unlike some of these countries, does a candidate for Irish citizenship require the following

+ Mandatory fluency in the language of the country (here English as oppose to Irish)
+ Longer residence requirements?
+ Actual knowledge of the country's history, Constitution, THE NATIONAL ANTHEM (best of luck there, alot of the Irish could barely stated ours)?
+ Will it stop you from holding citizenship of another country?
+ Unlike places like Lativa, do we refuse people of the Ulster Unionist faith and background from acquiring citizenship or any other person who acted against state independence? They don't seem to want to foregt their past. ie refusal of citizenship to their old enemies of the state

No. Its simply based on residency and working / or refrain from unreasonable resort to state assistance (which by the way is the reason one, even an EU, is permitted to reside)

Can you say for certain, that all candidates have fluency or reasonable fluency in English? I can assure you,certain nationalitites who have lived in ireland for over 10 years still barely have a word of english (though maybe they do that when they do't want to hear what a person has to say to them, funny, they know their entitlements to welfare etc)

The difficulty in obtaining Irish citizenship for most people, will not be a restriction purpose, its more to due to the procession of a heavy backlog of cases. Once you meet the criteria, which by now is well known, you will be fine.

Please spare the nonsense of "HEAVY" backlog of cases....only 18k apps is not a heavy backlog of cases. put it to you this way....950 quids each to be made out of those 18k application thats 17.1 mill to be made (you can argue few to be bogus, few for refugees who dont pay but still big enough number). but please dont say this rubbish again about "HEAVY" backlog..it would be "HEAVY" if you have only one person working in citizenship section.
What? Do you have any understand how a government department works?

Do you realise that these same peoples are expected to also consider EU Treaty Rights cases , leave to remain (seriously intensive researc) and other areas in the department. You are saying its no hassle flying through 18 k just like that with no regard for future implications like the dole or pensions. How obviously have problems understanding economics and employment wages as well.

The department have to rely upon dragging information out of revenue, social welfare and gardaí. how many times have ye dealt with these people in the past? happy memories?

By the way, I bet the Nigerian, Zimbabwean, Indian, Chinese etc Embassy's, never mind the state departments are all just A1 guidlining lights , the brits are not fairing as well as one might expect either:roll:

For someone who actually knows the ins and out a different state departments and monife will confirm, the the problems that plague it (yes even lovely workers) please come up with a more intelligent basis for your opnion. This is not a pantomine, ......of yes it is.........
Last edited by walrusgumble on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:20 pm

fatty patty wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
rlow68 wrote:
agniukas wrote:i just came upon an article that probably the hardest naturalisation to get in EU is Lithuania, where only 310 people were granted Lithuanian citizenship through naturalisation in 2008. in light of that ireland is still doing pretty good in my view :)
the data is from eurostat, but i cannot locate the link to confirm it.
How many immigrants are in Luthianian? and how many people applied for the naturalisation? Put that into the passpective
Lets put it into another perspective, unlike some of these countries, does a candidate for Irish citizenship require the following

+ Mandatory fluency in the language of the country (here English as oppose to Irish)
+ Actual knowledge of the country's history, Constitution, THE NATIONAL ANTHEM (best of luck there, alot of the Irish could barely stated ours)?
+ Unlike places like Lativa, do we refuse people of the Ulster Unionist faith and background from acquiring citizenship or any other person who acted against state independence? They don't seem to want to foregt their past. ie refusal of citizenship to their old enemies of the state

No. Its simply based on residency and working / or refrain from unreasonable resort to state assistance (which by the way is the reason one, even an EU, is permitted to reside)

Can you say for certain, that all candidates have fluency or reasonable fluency in English? I can assure you,certain nationalitites who have lived in ireland for over 10 years still barely have a word of english (though maybe they do that when they do't want to hear what a person has to say to them, funny, they know their entitlements to welfare etc)

The difficulty in obtaining Irish citizenship for most people, will not be a restriction purpose, its more to due to the procession of a heavy backlog of cases. Once you meet the criteria, which by now is well known, you will be fine.

BTW no one would have a problem in doing all the above you just mentioned!! heck people will stand on one feet and sing the national anthem, even learn to do irish dance if its put into citizenship requirement.....you are again running away from the fact...

which is it takes way to long for ths INIS to close a file.
Get a load of ye down to Temple Bar later, nude. For charity, go on its a nice day for it. :lol: visual art. Culture Night is coming up later this month, could get away with it

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:23 pm

German Citizenship test proves a breeze for naturalised foreigners
http://www.thelocal.de/society/20100831-29503.html

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Classic mass management mentality

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:14 pm

9jeirean wrote:@Walrusgumble:

The point here which you still don't get is that actions speak louder than voice as they say. The DoJ's continuous prolongation of citizenship application process will continue to cast a shadow of cynicism over the intent of the government in this regard. The inherent culture of lack of openness, almost knee jack defensiveness on the operations of the citizenship unit hasn't helped either.
The heading is misleading. It implies that the laws are respective to immigrants. It's not. It's quite lenient. The problem is the amount of applications to be considered in one day

The legislation is clear, there was plenty of public notice of the delays involved in these cases, there was public court hearings, how can you complain? People have notice of the problems, had or should of had notice of the problems of of 2007. Yet they still made the applications. Poeple's residency is not neccessarily at risk here

.......Yet these countries have in place systems that process naturalization more effectively than Ahern and his legion at the DoJ.

Please provide up to date stats to confirm how long the waiting list is in Britain, Germany, Spain, France, search for the countries sources as oppose to EU (hardly independent by the way)

..and you would know for sure that every long standing application is held back by delay in applicants sending documents upon request won't you `'minster'? (Gosh this dude is funny) .... and of course this only happens in Ireland as it is unheard of in other EU countries huh? Must have been a grand conspiracy to frustrate the DoJ by the applicants. You'r auditioning for farther Ted or something?
I am looking forward to rooting up the cases law here, which sets out the states evidence before the court to shut you up. In the meantime, i think there are some stats and facts from the department. You actually realise, that some people are refused because they sent to application in before the 60 months, or they did not have 1 year continous residency, or their declarations were not properly attested, failure to provide adequate documents, failure to provide marraige / birth cers / affidavits . you realise that their non compliance (which is only detected when its looked at, about 6-8 months later) means that they have taken up valuable space in the waiting list!!!!!!!!!! for people smart enough to have done everything correctly.

TIP 1 Read the bloody document list at the back of the page TIP 2, you should not jump to conclusions where you have no basis or sources.
I could have sworn you wrote this in a previous paragraph on this post: "Other EU countries do not want to know ye if they are not going to integrate and really become one of them. Here, they don't give a sh*te, just reside and pay your taxes. take your passport. Nothing hugely wrong with that by the way". Do you even know what contradiction means, if it hits you in the face dude? So what's the official position from the two contradicting standpoint 'minister'? lol....SMH.
No contradiction at all, but what would you expect from people who jump to conclusions.

First, this state is not too pushed about whether you learn Irish etc (fair play) So long as you are residenct, hard working, law abiding etc, you will be eligible. In other countries the demands are so much that in effect it really is only available to distant relations. You swear before the courts that you will promise in good faith to remain a resident in Ireland and not talk to off at a drop of a minute to use this gift in europe, only to return when your old looking for a pension. On another thread, we have seen arrogance from another poster saying that the oath means nothing. Well, I say, don't bother looking for status, then he came out with shite that was way over his head.

Now, if you do decide to leave, for however, long, you are expected, as an Irish citizen to behave yourself. the last thing we want is for irish citizens, particularily of the naturalised kind getting into trouble and where it is our embassy members coming to help you clean up what ever mess your in. bad example but look at the extremist, an irish citizen caught with drugs in Thailand. We have enough of our own making idiots of this country abroad, and yes, many are in the dail.
Not sure this applies to any part of my post. Except if you are responding to something in your own mind dude. Calm down go back and read my post again and tell me what 'dearly beloved card' is implicitly or explicitly implied. This kind of knee jack response, to put it in your own words ........."makes you look inable (sic) to actually take in information and look quite retarded.......Emotions get you no where!!!!! its time for calm heads". Noff said. SMH.
That is more addressed to others in general. with the multi quoting it seemed convenient to addressed it there at the time. But words deeming emotional hostage are nonsensical. Again, people were on or should have been on notice before making applications
Do you deny that the requirements to obtain an Irish passport, living aside the lengthy and unfair waiting time, is more onerous?
It has been put to you by many contributors here many time that the government is within it's power to introduce assessment methods that it deems necessary to ascertain applicants' knowledge of the country's history, language proficiency etc. That my friend is no biggie. As a matter of fact Fatty Patty would even throw in some nice Irish dancing steps for good measure. Who knows we may even get some immigrants to represent Athlone in the All Ireland finals in a few years time lol. What is not on however is this carry on of presenting the status quo as a favour to applicants while the DoJ continues to hold on to their application unnecessarily.
Your missing the point, ie the source of why there are delays and the possibility that there are genuine heavy loads.

As for Athlone, ha ha ha , maybe the roscommon side.

Do you realise how many Irish passport are applied for (and this are from people who are by law already automatically entitled to them - America is a good example)
What are you on about?! We are talking about naturalization appplication here which is dealt with by the DoJ. Application for passport for those who are automatically entitled to them is processed by the passport office which is under the department of foreign affairs dude!
Right, and personell are not transferred between each department whenever required?

Classic mass management mentality. At least now we are beginning to get to the the attitude that is fueling this Show me evidence that every one who is on DoJ's long standing waiting list is 'dole querers' (sic)? On the evidence of this thread ==> http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=25809 <== alone we've had case of highly skilled workers even business owners tens of employee been made to wait unnecessarily. The government has got to loose this siege mentality. I could have sworn there is a life register in the state. If the government want to identified the applicants who are on the dole, it can be done within minutes dude. Making everyone wait for years is hardly an ingenious way to go about it don't you think.
Firstly, if you have not noticed already, this is not a socialist country. Secondly I am not referring to people on the dole who, until now, had previously had good employment records (ie stamp 4 and 1)

I am referring to a certian group of professional child bearers who have never done a days work in Ireland bar on their backs(to be clear, thankfully its not all of the ibc's) Why should they be rewarded (they won't) over the people that you are referring to who some, not all, have rent allowance, single mother (even though the father is not far behind or contactable in the home country) etc. The rule here is fair, it simply requires 3 years self sufficiency . your wasting your time referring to the irish slackers, they can't be deported or stripped of citizenship, so at least compare like with like.

To explain, most non eu related citizens or parents of irish citizen children are here for one main purpose. To work (or to raise irish child until 18 / 21 years). Failure to do so, unless they to remain economically viable means (study) or if they have become disabled due to work or are people of self sufficency , means that their immigration conditions are near being breached.a work permit holder is expected to either get another job or leave. a work permit holder was brought in when the demand was needed. This is not the case now, now where in that permit did it say you will get citizenship. If you can't get work you naturally move on to fresher plains (Department's attitude no mine)

Now, of course their must not be applied to every case, fine, many have for most or near all that period should not be put into such an unfair position. They should be allowed some leeway, at least allowed to keep their residency card. but citizenship? no, not unless they are 3 years self sufficient (or in the interest of fairness close enough, have each case depend on its own case) BEFORE making the actual application

The departments position, is this, they don't want more irish citizens on the dole, never mind other nationalities (bar eu). They would be very relieved if many Irish left, like they did years ago. (as you will all note, that is the main reason why any sign of recovery is due to many leaving)

The department has a duty to its citizens to ensure that all will actually be able to enjoy their human rights when they are older, to be entitled to a pension, health services (as bad as it is) it needs to ensure that there are plans set up. thats why, like any country , we have a census. As far as the minister's concerned, where a candidate for citizens has lost his / her job and not expected to obtain another one in any time in the future, the minister is reluctant to grant citizenship. That is one key reason for the delays and constant requirement for payslips and the like, as oppose to the passport to ensure one has resdiency.

Its a horrible example, but have you ever played town planning etc games on the computer such as sim city. (look if you have you will get the idea, but sorry for being crass) If there are no job prospects, you would be expected to leave and return to your own country who will look after you, or to the eu spouse's state (then we shall see how well you are treated) - I don't think any one can deny the rational is very much a consideration of the minister, could you?

At least if they are allowed to keep their residency or in case of stamp 1 moved over to stamp 4, at least they will retain the opportunity to access employment the same as an Irish or eu. why should a state barge in only to find that there records are brutal
paying taxes, as in income taxes? I do you include the minium wage or low paid workers there?
Do not be so condescending my friend. Everyone who work and contribute their quota according to the existing legal tax obligation is entitled to the same level of respect and fair treatment from the government and people of this country.
the point here is to remove the self satisified myths going around in these circles that immigrants give loads of contribution and receive nothing back. they have greatly contribute, and long may that last, but they go one as if the country would have fallen down only for them. what about the real and genuine indigenious economic growth, with the help of foreign investment (which every country can obtain) this country saw between 1994 -2001? That last period was a sham

well, how about better pay than their coi? for a start, a new life? potential access to citizenship of an eu state? its got nothing to do with being condescending. yes, of course there are many many non eu and non eu related people working in high powered positions in the country, Nigerians are doing great work in the UK (so lets all get any notion of them being x, y and z) but really though, how many in the service and trade are actually earning enough to need to pay taxes. what tax have they actually contributed? VAT, rent which is pocketed by a select and greedy few. How have these indepedent language schools being a benefit to the economy bar being a bloody dodgy money racket scheme which often shafted the immigrant.

Now don't get me wrong, immigration have been exellent for this country. I hope the genuines finally get their just rewards. just keep tight keep the head down and keep working, it will come.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:16 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
rlow68 wrote:

BTW no one would have a problem in doing all the above you just mentioned!! heck people will stand on one feet and sing the national anthem, even learn to do irish dance if its put into citizenship requirement.....you are again running away from the fact...

which is it takes way to long for ths INIS to close a file.
Get a load of ye down to Temple Bar later, nude. For charity, go on its a nice day for it. :lol: visual art. Culture Night is coming up later this month, could get away with it

sure not a bother....will it get INIS to move their backsides quick then? :lol: ...i do my bit of volunteering for barrettstown thats my charity...you keep up with that visual art thingy! :P

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:29 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
rlow68 wrote:

Please spare the nonsense of "HEAVY" backlog of cases....only 18k apps is not a heavy backlog of cases. put it to you this way....950 quids each to be made out of those 18k application thats 17.1 mill to be made (you can argue few to be bogus, few for refugees who dont pay but still big enough number). but please dont say this rubbish again about "HEAVY" backlog..it would be "HEAVY" if you have only one person working in citizenship section.

Do you realise that these same peoples are expected to also consider EU Treaty Rights cases , leave to remain (seriously intensive researc) and other areas in the department. You are saying its no hassle flying through 18 k just like that with no regard for future implications like the dole or pensions. How obviously have problems understanding economics and employment wages as well.

The department have to rely upon dragging information out of revenue, social welfare and gardaí. how many times have ye dealt with these people in the past? happy memories?

By the way, I bet the Nigerian, Zimbabwean, Indian, Chinese etc Embassy's, never mind the state departments are all just A1 guidlining lights , the brits are not fairing as well as one might expect either:roll:

For someone who actually knows the ins and out a different state departments and monife will confirm, the the problems that plague it (yes even lovely workers) please come up with a more intelligent basis for your opnion. This is not a pantomine, ......of yes it is.........

i put it this to you....WHY DO YOU?

how many times i dealt with those department...let me shine a light on this...i ask DSFA to get my complete social welfare record...it took them 5 weeks to do it...i got police cert for security clearance and event security licensing, under stress but efficient Gardai did the 10 year thourough check response within 4 weeks. i deal with revenue commissioners on a daily basis to file returns for my clients, any time i hardly had to wait is maximum of 6 weeks. These are the departments which are under real stress but coming up good and yet they deal with not just "18k" or so immigrants but the whole nation.

As far as your point about that they have to do other stuff like EU treaty and other immigration chores.....FYI there is different departments within INIS to deal with this which is Burgh Quay....the one for naturalization is Tipperary. Dont mix them up. (sometimes it feels like you argue for the sake of it man you are classic e.g. of some one who had their had buried in the sand, no disrespect intended half of my friends are like that).

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:29 am

fatty patty wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

how many times i dealt with those department...let me shine a light on this...i ask DSFA to get my complete social welfare record...it took them 5 weeks to do it...i got police cert for security clearance and event security licensing, under stress but efficient Gardai did the 10 year thourough check response within 4 weeks. i deal with revenue commissioners on a daily basis to file returns for my clients, any time i hardly had to wait is maximum of 6 weeks. These are the departments which are under real stress but coming up good and yet they deal with not just "18k" or so immigrants but the whole nation.

As far as your point about that they have to do other stuff like EU treaty and other immigration chores.....FYI there is different departments within INIS to deal with this which is Burgh Quay....the one for naturalization is Tipperary. Dont mix them up. (sometimes it feels like you argue for the sake of it man you are classic e.g. of some one who had their had buried in the sand, no disrespect intended half of my friends are like that).
Ah, yes! from an former insiders point of view!

And for YFI, although the citizenship group are now in Tipperary (where is the evidence that i had mived them up?, I never suggested that they were in Burgh Quay, simply state that they are in the INIS)

The departmental staff do have a tendency to move staff around, regularily!, due to oh, lets see sick days, materntity leave etc. so for someone you is an outsider, I would suggest you gets for facts right!!!! Ring them up for the craic to see if the all have Tipperary accents :roll:

I think my last couple of responses have made it clear the problems ye are facing and why ye are facing them, from a departmental point of view. Monife, I am sure will be only too happy to explain to you the nooks and crannys of departmental life / public service. Listen I am fully in agreement with you on many members of the gnib, and lay staff, trust me I am, I do wonder whether they got the short straw and sent there or their dumber lot are put there, but that is the way it is.

neo725
Newly Registered

Post by neo725 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:46 am

walrusgumble wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
fatty patty wrote:

Ah, yes! from an former insiders point of view!

And for YFI, although the citizenship group are now in Tipperary (where is the evidence that i had mived them up?, I never suggested that they were in Burgh Quay, simply state that they are in the INIS)

The departmental staff do have a tendency to move staff around, regularily!, due to oh, lets see sick days, materntity leave etc. so for someone you is an outsider, I would suggest you gets for facts right!!!! Ring them up for the craic to see if the all have Tipperary accents :roll:

I think my last couple of responses have made it clear the problems ye are facing and why ye are facing them, from a departmental point of view. Monife, I am sure will be only too happy to explain to you the nooks and crannys of departmental life / public service. Listen I am fully in agreement with you on many members of the gnib, and lay staff, trust me I am, I do wonder whether they got the short straw and sent there or their dumber lot are put there, but that is the way it is.
And could someone just explain why the process of approval stopped at the moment?

an_dochasach
Newly Registered

Post by an_dochasach » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:43 pm

neo725 wrote: And could someone just explain why the process of approval stopped at the moment?
Maybe its another "stealth strike", like the one that wrecked some IBC renewals earlier this year.

The only value in dragging out the naturalization process is that multi-year queues assure bureaucratic job security. If GNIB employees were paid piecework, you'd see something similar to what happened to the driver testing queues when a private company became involved. Those queues quickly dropped from 60 weeks to less than 10 weeks.

The downside of long naturalization processes is that immigrants spend a long time in limbo where they can't make long term commitments (e.g. school, mortgage...), are disenfranchised from the political process and find it difficult contribute. (One friend, an excellent Irish language, music and dance teacher is unable to work in Ireland after nearly a decade here!)

There is a fear of people using Irish citizenship as a doorstep to Europe, but it would be in Ireland's interest right now to let some of its immigrants do just that. "New Irish" in general are not chained to an upside-down mortgage, so they are the only ones who could avail of the traditional Irish method of compensating for a bad domestic economy, emigrate. But because they are not Irish citizens, they are more chained to Ireland than if they were Irish citizens. They are not free to work anywhere in the E.U. they are only able to work in Ireland.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:11 pm

@Walrusgumble
............. The problem is the amount of applications to be considered in one day. The legislation is clear, there was plenty of public notice of the delays involved in these cases, ......
…..and you do not think the state rather than wasting tax payers money defending all these cases has an obligation to at least fix this problem rather than burying its head in its rear? Prior to 2008, the DoJ had always hid behind the excuse that the government allocated resources was not sufficient to meet the demand. Then came the introduction f the Eur950 stealth tax in 2008 with the promise of increased resources and efficiency vis-à-vis processing time and improved customer service. Here we are 2 years. At what stage does the government bring out his head from it rear and realize that with great power comes great responsibilities. Take time out to read this study => http://www.migrantproject.ie/images/Ana ... stomer.pdf <= on the evaluation of the customer service practices of the INIS. May be you’ll get a better insight of what people are experiencing here. BTW, good governance would have demanded that the DoJ conducts this type of service improvement audit by itself? Trust me it would be a more positive and less defensive way to spend the tax payers’ money than heading to court on a weekly basis.

I am looking forward to rooting up the cases law here, which sets out the states evidence before the court to shut you up. In the meantime, i think there are some stats and facts from the department. You actually realise, that some people are refused because they sent to application in before the 60 months, or they did not have 1 year continous residency, or their declarations were not properly attested, failure to provide adequate documents, failure to provide marraige / birth cers / affidavits . you realise that their non compliance (which is only detected when its looked at, about 6-8 months later) means that they have taken up valuable space in the waiting list!!!!!!!!!! for people smart enough to have done everything correctly.
You either have no knowledge of how this operates or you are deliberating twisting the truth here. First off, should an application be accepted at all if such applications have not met the minimum residency requirement? Jeez! Why does it have to take 8 months for the DOJ to identify that an applicant hasn’t met the basic requirement. You wouldn’t know this but there is a thing called GNIB number which identifies every immigrant legally registered in the state and by a simple process of keying in the applicants GNIB number, the official can simply recall the applicant’s immigration history. That BTW should only take a couple of minute per applicant. You do the maths and tell us how many of such application ca be screened per day? Same applies for birth certs, marriage certs et al.

I’ll repeat myself here, are you saying that there are no such cases of incomplete applications, etc in other jurisdictions with shorter turnaround time? Dermot might want to consider flying a handful of the guys down in Tipperary over the Irish sea to see how our closest neighbour get to do this in shorter time.

No contradiction at all, but what would you expect from people who jump to conclusions.
First, this state is not too pushed about whether you learn Irish etc (fair play) So long as you are residenct (sic), hard working, law abiding etc, you will be eligible. In other countries the demands are so much that in effect it really is only available to distant relations. You swear before the courts that you will promise in good faith to remain a resident in Ireland and not talk to off at a drop of a minute to use this gift in europe, only to return when your old looking for a pension.

You are probably too stuck up to realize that this your pathetic little cliché about leniency re requirement has been put paid to here. Listen; let the government state out its term and requirements for citizenship. Let them even come out to state that citizenship would only be given to long distance (whatever that means) relatives of Irish citizens, No biggie. However, as long as people continues to meet the current eligibility criteria, the government must be seen to hold its own side of the bargain regardless of the worn out mantra about the minister omnipotence.

Now, if you do decide to leave, for however, long, you are expected, as an Irish citizen to behave yourself. the last thing we want is for Irish citizens, particularly of the naturalised kind getting into trouble and where it is our embassy members coming to help you clean up what ever mess your in. bad example but look at the extremist, an irish citizen caught with drugs in Thailand. We have enough of our own making idiots of this country abroad, and yes, many are in the dail.
You are talking about the Mozad and the Russian’s little ‘stunt’ right? I hope you do, because if you don’t, I challenge you to provide us, here and now with verifiable evidence to show how much the Irish government had spent mopping up problems caused by naturalized Irish citizens abroad. Do you know that part of the process employed by DoJ is a thorough background check of all applicants for naturalization? You probably think it’s done for fun, but the reason for this is to ensure that naturalized citizens can be proven to be responsible citizens, except if you are implying that all immigrants are not. But then again, it does appear that you are projecting the problems, as you yourself stated it of native Irish citizens on well meaning immigrants. Gosh! What a wrapped up ideology.

PS: at the rate which the DoJ is going I hope many citizenship applicants won’t have to turn to Mozad for a faster route to Irish citizenship

That is more addressed to others in general. with the multi quoting it seemed convenient to addressed it there at the time.
That does not actually make you as smart as you’ll like to believe dude. Quoting my post while you supposedly direct an accusation at another party without expressly stating so breaks all decent communication code mate. BTW, who are you suppose to be responding to? Cos I read through the entire thread and I couldn’t see anyone remotely close to implying anything dearly beloved.

Right, and personell are not transferred between each department whenever required?
Ah now dude! You sure don’t want to tell us that civil servants get shove down from the department of Justice in Tipperary to Department of Foreign Affairs in Dublin or cork willy nilly do you? You’r taking the proverbial right? Don’t even get me started about the whole decentralization shenanigan, let alone inter departmental transfers because that will surely derail the focus of this thread. Let’s just say you goofed on that count.

I am referring to a certian group of professional child bearers who have never done a days work in Ireland bar on their backs(to be clear, thankfully its not all of the ibc's) Why should they be rewarded (they won't) over the people that you are referring to who some, not all, have rent allowance, single mother (even though the father is not far behind or contactable in the home country) etc. The rule here is fair, it simply requires 3 years self sufficiency . your wasting your time referring to the irish slackers, they can't be deported or stripped of citizenship, so at least compare like with like.
Now dude this is getting more ridiculous. Are you saying the government wouldn’t be able to identify those who are ‘professional child bearers’ right? Take a look at the citizenship application form here http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000108 . You’ll notice that section 10 of the form clearly requires applicants to provide full details of their employment in the state. Do you also know that every application is required to be accompanied by 3 most recent 3 pay slips, P60/P21 for the last 5 or 3 years prior to application? Which would mean DoJ can identify applicants who may be potentially dependent on the state right from the onset right? Pray tell, why do applicants who do not fall within this categories had to be penalized? If that isn’t mass management, you tell us what it is.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:57 am

an_dochasach wrote:
neo725 wrote: And could someone just explain why the process of approval stopped at the moment?
Maybe its another "stealth strike", like the one that wrecked some IBC renewals earlier this year.

The only value in dragging out the naturalization process is that multi-year queues assure bureaucratic job security. If GNIB employees were paid piecework, you'd see something similar to what happened to the driver testing queues when a private company became involved. Those queues quickly dropped from 60 weeks to less than 10 weeks.

The downside of long naturalization processes is that immigrants spend a long time in limbo where they can't make long term commitments (e.g. school, mortgage...), are disenfranchised from the political process and find it difficult contribute. (One friend, an excellent Irish language, music and dance teacher is unable to work in Ireland after nearly a decade here!)

There is a fear of people using Irish citizenship as a doorstep to Europe, but it would be in Ireland's interest right now to let some of its immigrants do just that. "New Irish" in general are not chained to an upside-down mortgage, so they are the only ones who could avail of the traditional Irish method of compensating for a bad domestic economy, emigrate. But because they are not Irish citizens, they are more chained to Ireland than if they were Irish citizens. They are not free to work anywhere in the E.U. they are only able to work in Ireland.
I would not be surprised with the first part, with the department, all many seem to do is drink tea / coffee. You make a fair point about those who intend to stay long term

Legal non eu immigrants can vote in local elections, where the bread and butter politics that concerns them is available. Out of great interest, have people like Metro Eireann provided an states as to voting attendances in the non eu community.

New irish, many are don't hold irish citizenship, how are they Irish, just a fancy word used by the pc brigade. no offence.

Ireland does not have an obligation those these new Irish as is now, so they are free or even expected by the Minister to leave the country now without a need for citizenship. What about those married to EU citizens? what excuse do they have if leaving with spouse. Anyone who says language and culture etc will get a virtual slap.

The fear of citizenship. Yes you are correct. The other fear is one pointed out by an earlier post ie ability to provide services etc for these people in years time.

Fair points, but not enough to justify citizenship. Definitely plenty to justify hurrying up the process though

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:42 pm

9jeirean wrote:@Walrusgumble

…..and you do not think the state rather than wasting tax payers money defending all these cases has an obligation to at least fix this problem rather than burying its head in its rear? Prior to 2008, the DoJ had always hid behind the excuse that the government allocated resources was not sufficient to meet the demand. Then came the introduction f the Eur950 stealth tax in 2008 with the promise of increased resources and efficiency vis-à-vis processing time and improved customer service. Here we are 2 years. At what stage does the government bring out his head from it rear and realize that with great power comes great responsibilities. Take time out to read this study => http://www.migrantproject.ie/images/Ana ... stomer.pdf <= on the evaluation of the customer service practices of the INIS. May be you’ll get a better insight of what people are experiencing here. BTW, good governance would have demanded that the DoJ conducts this type of service improvement audit by itself? Trust me it would be a more positive and less defensive way to spend the tax payers’ money than heading to court on a weekly basis.
Fair point, but I was not arguing with you about the waste of money squandered by the state and bad customer service

You either have no knowledge of how this operates or you are deliberating twisting the truth here. First off, should an application be accepted at all if such applications have not met the minimum residency requirement? Jeez! Why does it have to take 8 months for the DOJ to identify that an applicant hasn’t met the basic requirement. You wouldn’t know this but there is a thing called GNIB number which identifies every immigrant legally registered in the state and by a simple process of keying in the applicants GNIB number, the official can simply recall the applicant’s immigration history. That BTW should only take a couple of minute per applicant. You do the maths and tell us how many of such application ca be screened per day? Same applies for birth certs, marriage certs et al.

I’ll repeat myself here, are you saying that there are no such cases of incomplete applications, etc in other jurisdictions with shorter turnaround time? Dermot might want to consider flying a handful of the guys down in Tipperary over the Irish sea to see how our closest neighbour get to do this in shorter time.
LEarn to read please. Firstly, i am fully aware of what a gnib card is, as is department of justice card 69 and citizenship number 68. But sure, why does it take so long to get info from social, after all, all you need is pps no. The GNIB number aint worth a damn when dealing with the INIS

As a matter of fact, if you were not so arrogant, you would have read my suggestion that you should, in addition to the passport, get a letter of reckonable residency from the GNIB and send it to citizenship section with application. How do you do that, quote either gnib or 69 number. any more crap?

Now as for marriage certs, this is where you are out of the loop my friend. Many of the candidate now were at some point undocumented asylum seekers. they have all of a sudden of documents. certain countries are well known though out europe to have a tendency for fake documents. some are obvious some are not. so flicking on the GNIB card number aint worth a damn if the information it contains is based where dodgy documents previosly produced to the departments. well done eistein.

When did gnib have authority to grant status, they can only register. the minister decides who gets residency and citizenship.
You are probably too stuck up to realize that this your pathetic little cliché about leniency re requirement has been put paid to here. Listen; let the government state out its term and requirements for citizenship. Let them even come out to state that citizenship would only be given to long distance (whatever that means) relatives of Irish citizens, No biggie. However, as long as people continues to meet the current eligibility criteria, the government must be seen to hold its own side of the bargain regardless of the worn out mantra about the minister omnipotence.
Again with the assuming and jumping to conclusions. This one however, is retarded. Of course I am aware of the lenient requirements of citizenship and that they are provided under the acts. Where else would you know it from. Who do you think you are talking to? Your not talking to Irish Tom here, whose lack of knowledge on many things is clear.

Now what part of complete and absolute discretion of the minister do you not understand? Provided it is fair and proportionate, the minister under the acts, is allowed to refuse applications even if criteria is meet. You have entered into no contract with the Minister, where do you think you have?

THe Minister owes you a duty of care and duty to give you a decision without delay. He does not owe you a duty to actually grant you citizenship, provided that he considers your case fairly.

But again, as you pointed out, lets not get mixed up with the difference in getting a decision and being granted citizenship.

alking about the Mozad and the Russian’s little ‘stunt’ right? I hope you do, because if you don’t, I challenge you to provide us, here and now with verifiable evidence to show how much the Irish government had spent mopping up problems caused by naturalized Irish citizens abroad. Do you know that part of the process employed by DoJ is a thorough background check of all applicants for naturalization? You probably think it’s done for fun, but the reason for this is to ensure that naturalized citizens can be proven to be responsible citizens, except if you are implying that all immigrants are not. But then again, it does appear that you are projecting the problems, as you yourself stated it of native Irish citizens on well meaning immigrants. Gosh! What a wrapped up ideology.

PS: at the rate which the DoJ is going I hope many citizenship applicants won’t have to turn to Mozad for a faster route to Irish citizenship
Again, making yourself look stupid. You shouldn't hope that one says anything, actually read whats being said.

You refer to Mosad, that lark involved stealing of passports. That matter is not relevant to my points. not everyone is a reactionary

I referring to the Irish problems with citizens getting into all sorts of crap when abroad. Mostly Irish born , but there was no incident in Manchester following the arrest of an Nigerian - Irish Naturalised citizen (who was living in Mancherster) arrested for drugs or sham marriages arrangement, (not sure which) I will look for the article. I am referring to drugs, rape, burgalry etc. Terrorism lark, is a wee bit extreme isn't it? Sure we have our own to do all that.

But , since you have mentioned it, could do with less of that crap that happened last year about naturalised citizens been arrested to been involved in a plan to kill that danish cartoonist.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 055282.ece
ttp://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/31/ib ... -drug-ring

As for your request for information, grand i will look. But how many naturalised citizens in live elsewhere , with usual exceptions of doctors and nurses. But even if the department do nothing, god, you do not get it do you, you think its alright that we hear irish people acting the (swearword for a bad person) abroad? THe irish like to think it has at least a decent reputation abroad (I wait for the snickerssss and laughter)

es not actually make you as smart as you’ll like to believe dude. Quoting my post while you supposedly direct an accusation at another party without expressly stating so breaks all decent communication code mate. BTW, who are you suppose to be responding to? Cos I read through the entire thread and I couldn’t see anyone remotely close to implying anything dearly beloved.

I am referring to a the lot of whingers who complain about being kept on hold, the department playing with their emotions due to the delays. I am referring to those here and in other posts refering to Irish politicans as corrupt and some how linking it with the immigration problems, funny enough ignoring their own fine examples, but sure, if it wasn't for them they would not be here now (not all obviously) Some have refused to except that the delays are a little more than just colour of one's skin etc and more to do with the departments being utterly useless to do anything but completely powerful to stop any change.

Your took the floor their behalf, so I am making those indirect comments to part that relate to your quotes. But you are right it does not help dicussion. Now do us a favour, I did the decent thing setting out the reasons the minister refuses (ie concerns for future plans and structures and pensions and the like,) care to add to the discussion
h now dude! You sure don’t want to tell us that civil servants get shove down from the department of Justice in Tipperary to Department of Foreign Affairs in Dublin or cork willy nilly do you? You’r taking the proverbial right? Don’t even get me started about the whole decentralization shenanigan, let alone inter departmental transfers because that will surely derail the focus of this thread. Let’s just say you goofed on that count. [/qoute]

Your that sure of yourself are you? You think all members of the civil servants are militant strikers that would not go down for one of two poxy days?(expenses included!!!!)

Your being asked / and it has occurred, to head down to Tipp for no more than 2-4 weeks at at time :roll: . Decentralisation asked to you move down the country full time!!!!

When you actually get your passport and join up, or have family members join up to the civil (stay away from it) then we shall see.

de this is getting more ridiculous. Are you saying the government wouldn’t be able to identify those who are ‘professional child bearers’ right? Take a look at the citizenship application form here http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000108 . You’ll notice that section 10 of the form clearly requires applicants to provide full details of their employment in the state. Do you also know that every application is required to be accompanied by 3 most recent 3 pay slips, P60/P21 for the last 5 or 3 years prior to application? Which would mean DoJ can identify applicants who may be potentially dependent on the state right from the onset right? Pray tell, why do applicants who do not fall within this categories had to be penalized? If that isn’t mass management, you tell us what it is.

It absolutely is not ridiculous and very very very very few irish people would take it to be the case.

This is one area i am certain that you are over your head one

over 80 % of those who voted in the referendum were motivated by this when they changed the citzenship law. the baby carriers ruined it for genuines (thats not really the whole proportion of the state)

The government would not spot professional baby carriers? ah for talk to sake sure they are powerless. can you tell a women how many kids she can or can not have? its not china, your missing the point. In fairness, I was not directing that at all immigrants, it includes the irish too. But word has it that social are doing every effort to refuse social to certain class of people. They are saying, if your husband in Nigeria etc they should go get maintaince etc from him

for a smart as you are and for all the talk in this site, quite a number are being refused citizenship for drawing social welfare on rent allowance, supplementary welfare, unemployment, for during the past 3 years. You can still claim some of these welfare (not unemployment obviously) whilst working a few hours

Now with regard to your point, again, you miss the point. The minister is hardly going to dish out citizenship when there are no signs of economic improvements or the economy is getting worse. What use are 3 most recent payslips to you when your job is on the line :roll:

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Ah Walrusgumble, you give me a good read when i'm bored...
walrusgumble wrote:Your not talking to Irish Tom here, whose lack of knowledge on many things is clear.
... and a good giggle too :lol:
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:58 pm

186 staff appointed to Justice department's citizenship section in Tipperary town in decentralisation program but only 63 moved so far since april 2008. 123 posts still not moved yet with occupancy rate of 34%, hmm no wonder its a slow process this naturalisation.

References: http://www.decentralisation.gov.ie/Prog ... e2010.html

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/New ... ary%20Town

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:47 pm

fatty patty wrote:186 staff appointed to Justice department's citizenship section in Tipperary town in decentralisation program but only 63 moved so far since april 2008. 123 posts still not moved yet with occupancy rate of 34%, hmm no wonder its a slow process this naturalisation.

References: http://www.decentralisation.gov.ie/Prog ... e2010.html

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/New ... ary%20Town
Sweet mother of Gurld :shock: ! 186 staff Gademit! To think our resident DoJ spokesman Walrusgumble would have us believe that uncle Dermot is on top of thing at the DoJ, to the extent that he could even ask Micheál Martin down at the Dept of Foreign Affairs for a few extra lads to be moved down to Tipperary at the snap of a finger?

More importantly, 'heck are those 123 staff doing back in Dublin!? Monitoring the flow of river Liffey?

I am still shocked, I really am. SMH.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:22 pm

i would guess that some of those 130 people are sent to LTR, EU treaty rights and other sections

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:46 pm

agniukas wrote:i would guess that some of those 130 people are sent to LTR, EU treaty rights and other sections
That would give a whole new meaning to the term decentralization then wouldn't it?

Leaving that aside, how about we move from the realm of guessing to what we know for a fact:

We do know for a fact from that the only arm of the DoJ that was scheduled to move to Tipperary under the decentralization programme was the citizenship section. We also know based on the info here that none of the 186 posts were deferred. Which in essence would mean that all post should have been moved to Tipp by now. http://www.decentralisation.gov.ie/Prog ... e2010.html also http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Decentralization. If none of the posts were deferred, I reckon if the people involved were walking their way to Tipperary from Dublin, they should be there by now.

What else do we know: We know for a fact that in 2008 LTR processing was taking less a year. at the moment it is taking more than 24 months to process. Same can be said for astronomical increase in the processing time for EU treaty applications. So let's take your guess and say 2/3 of the original numbers intended to move to Tipp were redeployed to augment other areas within the department in Dublin, where is the proven impact of that then? :roll: