ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:29 am

kaidee wrote:Alhamadulillah, wife has been here a few days now. Visa was issued back in the first week of July, passport collected mid August, all good though.

Hope all goes well for the rest of you :D
Brother I remember from your previous posts your wife was around 7-8 months pregnant and ofcours air port regulations would not let her fly - How did you manage that akhi.
I ask Allah SWT to bless you with an obedient good child and bless you with barakah.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:30 am

Hopefully in 2 weeks she will find out. You just gonna have to wait now. I will do dua for you both, inshallah you will get good news soon.
I probably try to email them today. What if you pretended to be your wife, could they not have told you?

snipered

Post by snipered » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:08 pm

asmajafar wrote:Hopefully in 2 weeks she will find out. You just gonna have to wait now. I will do dua for you both, inshallah you will get good news soon.
I probably try to email them today. What if you pretended to be your wife, could they not have told you?
Inshallah, you will hear some good news too and i will do dua for everyone especially anyone still waiting from May.

Lol, i could of faked it, but this is not right and sometimes you can tell from the language if it's you or your wife.

I have told my wife to email them to find out from the email address that was on the application form.
Applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Passport Recieved with Visa - 8 Sept 2010

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:53 pm

salams all

my wife applied on monday (30/08/2010) and then later on that day she got a text message saying that the visa application has been dispatched to british high commission on 30/08/2010 for processing.....

Does this mean that my application is already being processed at BHC????

yet it seems that alot of the applicants here took 2-3 weeks after submitting the application for it to go to being processed at BHC

secondly, i urgently need some advice. I have been offered a new job with a different employer which i am considering - on my submitted application form i obviously have the details of my current employer and have their employment letter.

what shall i do ???? if i accept the new job offer is there anyway that I can update my employment details with the home office/uk border agency??

PLEASE ADVISE COZ I AM DISTRESSED !!!!!!!

Nags

JUNE/JULY MEMBERS LIST ONLY PLEASE

Post by Nags » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:20 pm

*********** JUNE/JULY MEMBERS LIST ONLY PLEASE ************

Any June/July members who have submitted there application for UK Settlement Visa - VAF4 application please add your details below with relevant dates.

Please put name,place submitted, date submitted and status.

mkak - Islamabad - 07/06/10 - under process at BHC 18/06/2010
Tasawar - Mirpur - 08/06/2010 - under process at BHC 23/06/2010
maryammajid786 - Lahore - 11/06/10 - under process at BHC 25/6/2010
londongood - karachi - 21/06/10 - Under process at BHC - 05.07.10
Corrado - Islamabad - 02/07/10 - Under process at BHC - 16/07/10
Ikhlaq - Islamabad - 05/07/10 - under process at BHC - 16/07/10
Navalaviator - Islamabad - 14/07/10 - Under process at BHC - 27/07/10
yoda121- Lahore - 19/07/10 - under process at BHC - 02/08/10
Shazaz-Lahore - 20/07/10 under process BBhc - 03/08/10
K44MYY - MIRPUR - 22/07/10 - passed onto Islamabed on 22/07/10
Zar2009 - Islamabad - 26/07/10 - passed onto Islamabad on 26/07/10
Newbie21-Islamabad - 27/07/10 under process at BHC -10/08/10
Qasim - Dates pls?

Hi

Could you plz add me to the list

Nags - Islamabad - 06/07/10 under process at BHC - 19/07/10

Thanks

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:23 pm

yh i suppose, just get her to email them.

I have emailed to ask for an update on my husbands application, just waiting for them to email me back now.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:26 pm

z4ydi wrote:
kaidee wrote:Alhamadulillah, wife has been here a few days now. Visa was issued back in the first week of July, passport collected mid August, all good though.

Brother I remember from your previous posts your wife was around 7-8 months pregnant and ofcours air port regulations would not let her fly - How did you manage that akhi.
I ask Allah SWT to bless you with an obedient good child and bless you with barakah.
BA, when they used to fly to and from Pakistan, had a cut off point at the end of 36 weeks. My wife was 36 weeks pregnant when she flew (due in 3 weeks now). PIA have a cut off point of 32 weeks but most airlines have 36 weeks, go figure.

My wife got a letter from her doctor stating she was fit to travel and not likely to go into labour any time soon. She didn't need the letter though, nobody asked her any questions.

Those of you with your pregnant wives make sure you get them a pair of flight compression socks for the flight and a doctor's note just in case it's needed.

Ameen to your dua and the like of it and better for you :D
Last edited by kaidee on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

snipered

Post by snipered » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:02 pm

imranh wrote:salams all

my wife applied on monday (30/08/2010) and then later on that day she got a text message saying that the visa application has been dispatched to british high commission on 30/08/2010 for processing.....

yet it seems that alot of the applicants here took 2-3 weeks after submitting the application for it to go to being processed at BHC

secondly, i urgently need some advice. I have been offered a new job with a different employer which i am considering - on my submitted application form i obviously have the details of my current employer and have their employment letter.

what shall i do ???? if i accept the new job offer is there anyway that I can update my employment details with the home office/uk border agency??

PLEASE ADVISE COZ I AM DISTRESSED !!!!!!!
With your second question, i think you should seek legal advice rather than opinions.

With the first: you go through 4 main stages.

Submit Application

Application forwarded to

Application under process at the BHC

Passport ready for collection

Even when its at the under process, it does not mean that they are actually looking at it. They sometimes inform you that your application is being looked at.

Its just a matter of waiting just as i have been doing.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:31 pm

A decision has been made on my husbands app too - i have been advised it takes two weeks for islamabad to contact gerrys and for passport to be collected.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Hey guys,

How will my husband no when to collect his passport?

Fatima Jamal

Post by Fatima Jamal » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi Asma,

They will call him up on the number that he had provided. Also if he had signed up for notification by SMS he will receive a text. He can also check his status online.

I recieved a letter from UKBA asking me to submit my passport. They have overturned their decision in review. I wanted to know how long does it take for them to stamp the visa?

mkak

Post by mkak » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:05 pm

latest news
2 September 2010: Settlement visa application processing times. The processing time for settlement cases advertised by the UK Border Agency is 12 weeks. Unfortunately due to the large volume of visa settlement applications submitted in Pakistan, processing times are now taking longer than 12 weeks. We are currently working hard to reduce this processing time as quickly as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience.

!!!!

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:03 pm

AOA786

Man this is a more waiting game

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:14 pm

[quote="mkak"]latest news
2 September 2010: Settlement visa application processing times. The processing time for settlement cases advertised by the UK Border Agency is 12 weeks. Unfortunately due to the large volume of visa settlement applications submitted in Pakistan, processing times are now taking longer than 12 weeks. We are currently working hard to reduce this processing time as quickly as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience.

!!!![/quote]

i checked the border agency website and could not find this news - have you got the source of this article please??

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:02 am

[quote="asmajafar"]

Just wanted to know how they contacted your employer was it email, telephone, letter.

I would be interested in knowing how they contact the employers. if other members can share their experience please.

And do they contact every employer? or is like 1/10 that they contact etc.

Any suggestions, views appreciated.

Thanks,
Allah Hafiz
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:06 am

Masha Allah good to hear visa was issued. Quick question was your employer contacted and if so how. Telephone,email,letter?

Thanks

May Allah bless you and your family.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

mkak

Post by mkak » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:17 am

imranh wrote:
mkak wrote:latest news

!!!!
i checked the border agency website and could not find this news - have you got the source of this article please??
aoa..
http://www.ukvacpk.com/news.aspx

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:15 am

HEY k4MMY

They contacted my employer via letter, and HR emailed me to ask for my consent to give my details out, so keep an eye out, i wasnt in work for 2 weeks and my app got delayed!

snipered

Post by snipered » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:25 am

K44MYY wrote:
asmajafar wrote:
Just wanted to know how they contacted your employer was it email, telephone, letter.

I would be interested in knowing how they contact the employers. if other members can share their experience please.

And do they contact every employer? or is like 1/10 that they contact etc.

Any suggestions, views appreciated.

Thanks,
Allah Hafiz
My honest theory is, its up to the person checking.

From what i have been told, it works like this.

Application comes in, there are some admin staff that do all the background checks etc.

When they have finished, it goes to the ECO, that is the person who then says yes or no to whether you get the visa. This is the person who also stamps the visa if you were successful.

Some people say that if everything is in order they don't check - NOPE.
I have seen people on this board who submitted hardly any evidence of employment and they were never checked. However on the other hand there are some who submitted, p60's, payslips going back many months, bank statements showing wage payments, contracts and even id badges, but they were checked.

Seriously the honest truth is, its up to the person checking it.

snipered

Post by snipered » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:27 am

asmajafar wrote:HEY k4MMY

They contacted my employer via letter, and HR emailed me to ask for my consent to give my details out, so keep an eye out, i wasnt in work for 2 weeks and my app got delayed!
Thats great news that they have made a decision. Just do dua that everyone gets the visa stamped.

Did they tell you the nature of the decision?

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:44 am

asmajafar wrote:HEY k4MMY

I am worried about them contacting my employer as wel cuz he is going on holiday to pak for 7 weeks, if they call will they only speak to the boss or can they speak to me or my coolleague aswel?

has anyones employer been contacted via e-mail?

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:49 am

Hey snipered,

they couldnt tell me the decision, guess ill have to wait!
is ur wife gerry office in mirpur?

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:49 am

Hey zeddy zed

They never contacted my manager - they contacted my HR deparment.

Maybe they will contact ur HR Department too?

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:30 pm

asmajafar wrote:Hey zeddy zed

They never contacted my manager - they contacted my HR deparment.

Maybe they will contact ur HR Department too?
hi

the thing is i work for a small accounting firm , we dont have a hr department , only 3 people work here , my boss , me and another colleague. they will contact my boss but he is going to pak for 7 weeks, if they call i usually answer the phone calls but i think they would still want to speak to the boss.

I dont think i can do anything now except pray and inshallah every thing will work out.

anyways good luck with your application inshallah u will get the visa

imranh

Post by imranh » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:54 pm

[quote="snipered"][quote="imranh"]salams all

PLEASE ADVISE COZ I AM DISTRESSED !!!!!!![/quote]

With your second question, i think you should seek legal advice rather than opinions.

With the first: you go through 4 main stages.

[b]Submit Application

Application forwarded to

Application under process at the BHC

Passport ready for collection[/b]

Even when its at the under process, it does not mean that they are actually looking at it. They sometimes inform you that your application is being looked at.

Its just a matter of waiting just as i have been doing.[/quote]

[b]ok jazakallah bro. I will get legal advice but I was just wondering if other people had switched employment during the wife's visa application and what they did. Has anyone ever updated employment details whilst visa application was in process??[/b]