ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need help in my BC application refusal.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ameyou
Newly Registered

I need help in my BC application refusal.

Post by ameyou » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:41 pm

Hello forum

I am new to this forum, I need help in my BC application refusal I applied for naturalisation in March 2007 and the application was refused Feb 2010. The reason is as follow:
1. I am of Ethiopian ethnicity and have been living in the UK since 2003, where the Home Office has granted me indefinite leave to remain. I have applied for British Citizenship (March 2008) however my application was rejected based on my support for the OLF organisation. The Home Office believe that this organisation is a prescribed organisation, but I have an e-mail from the Home Office stating that the OLF isn’t a prescribed organisation.

I wrote a letter of reconsideration to the Home Office which was also rejected, giving the same reason, and specifying that I am not of ‘good character’ (however I can prove that I am of good character due to the things I am currently doing in my life such as regular volunteer work). I have never break the low of this country.
I would be extremely grateful for any help.

taliska

Post by taliska » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Your involvement in support for this group will put a rubber stamp on refusal for citizenship as they would not grant you this as it would be irrevocable whereas they can still take away you ILR...