ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

multiplier for the salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sijomonnd
Newly Registered

multiplier for the salary

Post by sijomonnd » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:49 am

Hi
I am applying for Tier 1 General next month,have doubt about county multiplier. I'm living india and working as IT professional.

Last couple of months I have getting partime income from UK company in Pounds ,since my earning in Pound, country multiplier for the salary will be eligible in my case?

Thanks

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:39 am

For any salary that you earned while you were physically present in the UK you cannot apply any multiplier.

If you are living in India, you can apply a multiplier for the Indian salary and add the salary you earned in GBP to it.

sijomonnd
Newly Registered

Post by sijomonnd » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:20 am

hsmp1412 wrote:For any salary that you earned while you were physically present in the UK you cannot apply any multiplier.

If you are living in India, you can apply a multiplier for the Indian salary and add the salary you earned in GBP to it.

I'm living and working as IT professional in India same time getting parttime income from UK company in GBP

country multiplier for the salary will be eligible in my case?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:27 am

aruni4470 wrote:IMO, the uplift ratios are created to bring overseas salaries in line with their United Kingdom equivalents, so, if you were paid in UK, dont think you can multiply it again (even if you were physically present in INdia). We will wait for others to confirm.
A reasonable interpretation.

regards

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:14 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:IMO, the uplift ratios are created to bring overseas salaries in line with their United Kingdom equivalents, so, if you were paid in UK, dont think you can multiply it again (even if you were physically present in INdia). We will wait for others to confirm.

regards
Yes, this explanation is spot on.
Regards,
crowbar6

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:01 pm

sijomonnd wrote:
hsmp1412 wrote:For any salary that you earned while you were physically present in the UK you cannot apply any multiplier.

I'm living and working as IT professional in India same time getting parttime income from UK company in GBP

country multiplier for the salary will be eligible in my case?
Yes, you can use the multiplier but only for the Indian salary, not for the UK one.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:07 pm

sushdmehta wrote:

regards
Right, cause even if you do apply the multiplier, it is 1 for any salary earned in GBP anywhere in the world.

However, assume a case where you are physically present in UK and are being given some part of the salary in GBP in UK and some in INR in India. I think in this case you can not apply a multiplier to any component - all u can do is convert the INR to GBP and add it to the UK component to arrive at ur total salary in GBP.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:20 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:

regards
Right, cause even if you do apply the multiplier, it is 1 for any salary earned in GBP anywhere in the world.

However, assume a case where you are physically present in UK and are being given some part of the salary in GBP in UK and some in INR in India. I think in this case you can not apply a multiplier to any component - all u can do is convert the INR to GBP and add it to the UK component to arrive at ur total salary in GBP.
Yep.
Regards,
crowbar6