ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE FROM HOMEOFFICE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IFEOMA
Newly Registered

STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE FROM HOMEOFFICE

Post by IFEOMA » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:24 am

Hi People,
I was able to get an email address to make my complaints but i was told that Homeoffice will not be able to tell me whether my applicataion was successful or not or how i can get my decision letter. I believe i must be the oldest applicant in this forum i.e, i applied since august 2005........i have called 1142076020 severally but it never gets through and when it does, i am transferred from one desk to the other until the line 'accidentally' cuts off.
I believe there should be another way since its getting to eight months since a applied.
Is there any one here who applied since august last year.....

By the way , i never received any reference number

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:35 am

Unable to trace the reference number since this much long gives sense of document lost.... a great fear in HSMP.

Senior members may hep how to proceed.
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:04 am

Ifeoma,
Which address did you state as your current address on your application form? a nigerian or Uk address?
also if you reside in lagos,Im almost certain your docs are not lost.

I remember you mentioned this issue last month but you dint answer the question I put to you.

Did you use an agent ? or did you apply urself?
How did you send your docs to Home office? was it through courier? if it was you should be able to confirm online when it was received in Uk.

Also what mode of payment did you use? Credit card or Draft? whichever mode you used you can easily confirm if payment was deducted last year...another way of confirming your application arrived at UK.

If you have this infor, then you should write an email again directly to the HSMP team, telling them when the application was received at their end and that you need your reference no.
You need to supply your name, country, and date of birth anytime you call or email them since you do not have your reference no.

I have had cause to deal with them severally both on phone and email, they are always helpful, but you need to put your case across clearly with as much information as possible.

Last year my husbands doc was 'missing' for 4 months be4 we got it. Actually it was sitting pretty at the post office waiting for us to pick it up.

Lastly, I thot you had resolved this case, because you dint post again....
If you submitted your original university certificates... you are leaving too much to chance as I know no nigerian university will issue you another if indeed your docs are lost.
My bow has been renewed

IFEOMA
Newly Registered

Post by IFEOMA » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:35 pm

thanks ,
First of all, i used a u.k address as the address where i wanted my documents to be sent to. They said they sent it and have prove of it but i am not so much bothered because i shall be in the u.k soon and i will sort out the issue of documents...but the problem is that i gave them a nigerian address for the decision letter because they said they can only send it to my country. I have not received the decision letter and i did not receive any reference number.
Secondly, i sent the application to someone in the u.k who paid through Postal order.
How can i confirm online when it was received?
I have no doubt that i shall find the documents but why cant they mail me the outcome of my application?

Is there any other number that is reachable???

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:46 pm

Find out from whoever sent your application through post in the uK to see if they can track the application. like I said earlier you can also track through the type of payment you used.

I very much doubt if your documents will be sent to one address and your decision letter to another.
It will be sent together to the same address....
And if it was sent to a UK address since last year and you havent received it at that address till now.. then something is terribly wrong.
And if "they" said it was sent as you claim.. then the person you spoke with should have given you your reference no on the phone.

Good luck with your search.
My bow has been renewed

IFEOMA
Newly Registered

Post by IFEOMA » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:20 pm

Thanks again,
I wrote a mail to homeoffice and a lady named Catherine Coussen replied and said that she had tracked my documents and that it was delivered since october she even gave me the delivery number but she insisted i called 1142076020 to get information like my reference number and the result of my application.
Is it possible that they sent everything together to the u.k address i gave them? It all seems like i have been silent about this but truly i didnt know such important documents could be sent to an address without someone signing for it. In a place where no one bears that name, isnt it expecxted that the package will be sent back to Home Office?
I am very hopeful, but i wish there is a way i could talk to a caseworker who would attend to my case

thanks