ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier1 (PSW) to Tier1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaarthik
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier1 (PSW) to Tier1 (General)

Post by kaarthik » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:26 pm

Hallo Friends,

I got my PSW in Feb 2009 and it expires in Feb 2011. Now the current rule for Tier1 says the minimum salary should be GBP 35,000. But my salary past a year is only GBP 20,000. I have all other criterion met for the Tier1 (General) except this salary condition.

Please anyone let me know if there is any other option or way for me to overcome this. I need to get a Tier1 (General) asap.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kaarthik

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:30 am

Are you able to score the stated 80 points without gaining any points for your previous earnings? If yes, I think you can apply.

shcumi
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from Tier1 (PSW) to Tier1 (General)

Post by shcumi » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:24 am

kaarthik wrote:Hallo Friends,

I got my PSW in Feb 2009 and it expires in Feb 2011. Now the current rule for Tier1 says the minimum salary should be GBP 35,000. But my salary past a year is only GBP 20,000. I have all other criterion met for the Tier1 (General) except this salary condition.

Please anyone let me know if there is any other option or way for me to overcome this. I need to get a Tier1 (General) asap.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kaarthik
Have you tried tier 2 option? Being on PSW and working for more than 6 months saves Resident labour test. That might be a good option for you. Start early as PBS license and COS might take long time now that rules have changed.

S