ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duplicate bank statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tahnyuh

Duplicate bank statements

Post by tahnyuh » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:00 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by tahnyuh on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Duplicate bank statements

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:22 pm

tahnyuh wrote:I'm considering ordering duplicate bank statements over the last few months and was just wondering what they look like.

Will they have the account holder's current address or the address at the time of the statement?

Do they say "duplicate" them?
Well they dont look good to be honest.Some banks do these on bad quality paper and some send bundle of all transactions.

I remembered when I got these I was disappointed and think why I wasted my £5 pound.

Yes they have bank logo and to be better side must certify these before applying.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:35 pm

tahnyuh wrote:I'm considering ordering duplicate bank statements over the last few months and was just wondering what they look like.

Will they have the account holder's current address or the address at the time of the statement?

Do they say "duplicate" them?
If you only need them to confirm income and outgoings etc., then duplicates are usually adequate, as long as they have been stamped by the bank or are produced on headed paper.

"Duplicate" statements tend to look like computer printouts, with only a covering letter showing your current address.

If you want to rely on your bank's records, have you asked them if they will write a letter on their headed paper confirming what address(es) they have on your customer record over the last few years? I've never asked for this before, but it might be worth a shot if you're short on proofs of address.

tahnyuh

Post by tahnyuh » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:51 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by tahnyuh on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:01 pm

If it doesn't come on headed paper etc. you should be able to take it into a branch and get it stamped as genuine anyway.

tahnyuh

Post by tahnyuh » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:17 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by tahnyuh on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:45 pm

tahnyuh wrote:Just so everyone knows.. I called Lloyds and asked all about their duplicate statements. Apparently they look just like normal ones. I even said "How would anyone know if they are the original or a duplicate?" and she said "They wouldn't."
I used Barclays and there were Rubbish.

If they have bank logo and certified then no problem.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too