ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 3 and 4 - supporting documents not returned!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juso73

EEA 3 and 4 - supporting documents not returned!!

Post by juso73 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Today we finally received our passports (EEA3 and 4) back from the UKBA after three complaint ketters to the NW CS unit and two phone calls to advice line (after 7 months!!). However, all the supporting documents for my husband (non-EEA), payslips, bank statements P60 and 45s as well as joint mortgage statement are missing!!!!!! When I called the advice line they said that the only thing they could do is put a request in to case work team to try and locate our file... I have written again to complaint unit and faxed it three times and emailed it, outining exactly what is missing and will also escalate to MP now.

For now I just wanted to know what people's experience with this is - does this happen often???? I am furious.... :evil:

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:23 pm

i applied for a RC and they returned all documents except the letter from my eea's employer confirming employment and a translation of the marriage certificate. payslips were returned as well as bills

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Supporting docs initially reported as 'lost' often mysteriously materialise when complaints are taken tiers higher.

juso73

Post by juso73 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks for responses - I hope tis is the case, Plum70. I have now written to MP and Ombudsman who will take this further. But I am still boiling...

The fact that they they mainly did not return my husband's (Brazilian) docments (all his P45s, P60s, payslips etc) we are wondering whether this could have anything to do with the fact that they want to make hi subsequent application for citizensip impossible - is this a realistic thought or are we being overly paranoid? I just think it really trange that we only got prts of the application back (my P60/45s, payslips, marriage certificate) and all the other bits (bankstatements/mortgage statements and my hubbies stuff) have disappeared? We are going bonkers here so any further comments greatly appreciated!! And this should ave been a day to celebrate... :cry: