ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ksegal
Newly Registered

ILR questions

Post by ksegal » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi

I will be grateful if someone is able to help.

Both my wife and I work in UK under different immigration categories. My wife is on a 5 year work permit and coming up for ILR in May 2011, whereas I am on a Tier 1 visa coming up for a further 2 year extension in Apr 2011.

I have the following questions:

1. Whether my wife can include me in her application for ILR?
2. If yes, can she apply for ILR at all in March 2011 therefore more than 28 days earlier. This obviates the need to apply for an extension of my tier 1.
3. Provided point one is a yes, will I get ILR at the same time as her or some other dependant arrangement?
4. Will I be able to apply for citizenship on my own steam if she decides not to adopt british citizenship?
5. Will there be a need to go outside UK at all?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

KSegal

arvKUM
Newly Registered

Re: ILR questions

Post by arvKUM » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:53 pm

ksegal wrote:Hi

I will be grateful if someone is able to help.

Both my wife and I work in UK under different immigration categories. My wife is on a 5 year work permit and coming up for ILR in May 2011, whereas I am on a Tier 1 visa coming up for a further 2 year extension in Apr 2011.

I have the following questions:

1. Whether my wife can include me in her application for ILR?
2. If yes, can she apply for ILR at all in March 2011 therefore more than 28 days earlier. This obviates the need to apply for an extension of my tier 1.
3. Provided point one is a yes, will I get ILR at the same time as her or some other dependant arrangement?
4. Will I be able to apply for citizenship on my own steam if she decides not to adopt british citizenship?
5. Will there be a need to go outside UK at all?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Others can correct me if i am wrong if ur on wife dependent visa u will get ILR at the same time when ur wife will get ie march 2011 . I am not very sure why u want to go ur own i am sure that ur aware that there might be some changes in july 2011
KSegal

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:02 pm

1. No. (196F applicable since 196D(v) is not met).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ksegal
Newly Registered

ILR questions

Post by ksegal » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:04 pm

I am currently on a tier-1 general, not a dependant visa. My wife comes up for her ILR in May 2011 not March 2011.

I am not sure if she'll be able to apply for ILR in March 2011 since that's more than 28 days earlier than her WP expiration May 2011.

Any good places to look for proposed changes to July 2011 ILR changes? Thanks.

ILRindia
Newly Registered

Post by ILRindia » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Don't worry. Carry on and all the best

vinny

Re: ILR questions

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:31 pm

ksegal wrote:I am currently on a tier-1 general, not a dependant visa. My wife comes up for her ILR in May 2011 not March 2011.

I am not sure if she'll be able to apply for ILR in March 2011 since that's more than 28 days earlier than her WP expiration May 2011.

Any good places to look for proposed changes to July 2011 ILR changes? Thanks.
She cannot include you in her ILR application, unless you obtain an entry clearance as her dependant and meet all the other requirements (196E).
Settling in the UK wrote:Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before you become eligible to apply. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the application fee (where a fee is charged). However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the UK expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:23 am

1. No, unless you follow what Vinny has suggested above.
2. No, there's no exception to 28 days (only) allowance.
3. Yes, if (as Vinny has mentioned) you obtain EC as your spouse's dependent.
4. Yes, as and when you fulfil the standard requirements for naturalisation.
5. Yes, if you want to apply for settlement at the same time as your spouse.

regards

ksegal
Newly Registered

Post by ksegal » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:13 am

Thanks folks.