ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Employer Letter

Post by Sky_High » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:16 pm

My wife is eligible to apply for ILR next month. She is on Workpermit and did not apply with me as dependant. She has got a reference letter from her employer to send with her ILR application. I think I have spoted a problem with the letter.

She was on student visa 5 years ago before moving to Workpermit. She received her workpermit on 1st of Oct and started her job on 5th Oct. However she received FLR stamp on her passport on 28th Oct. So she worked from 5th to 28th Oct on her student visa. Now her employment reference is saying that she has been in employment with them since 5th Oct. I think this could cause a problem and she should get a new letter from her employer with changed date or without any date. Any views?

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:54 pm

I just realize i am on the same boat!! I am applying ILR soon too!

Do we have a put down the exact date?? can we ask them to put down, eg July 2007, so that is cover the issue??

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:55 am

Lets wait for more replies. It might be OK.