ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate printed on Plain A4 Paper

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

linkin

Marriage Certificate printed on Plain A4 Paper

Post by linkin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:28 am

I need an advice about the Stationary a Marriage Certificate is printed on.

My marriage certificate is printed on a plain A4 Paper, and Signed and Stamped by the Marriage Registrar.

The Certificate has the "Diary Number" printed on it, which indicates that it is authentic and is recorded in Government Records.

My query is, will it make any difference that the Certificate in on plain A4 Paper and not on a proper Certificate Stationary.

This is for my wife's Visa (Tier1 Dependant) to be applied from VFS, New Delhi.

Many thanks in advance.

cochin007

Post by cochin007 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:02 am

If its orginal with stamp and sign, then no need to worry.
If u still feel bad then Laminate it and then they cant make out what the certificate is right...
and ur spouse name is also there in Passport right and vice versa?
All the best

linkin

Post by linkin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:59 pm

cochin007 wrote:If its orginal with stamp and sign, then no need to worry.
If u still feel bad then Laminate it and then they cant make out what the certificate is right...
All the best
Thanks Cochin007.

The Certificate is original, with Stamp and Signature. Also, we both, I and my wife have each other's name on our Passports. We have been married for more than 8 years now.

I have used an Affidavit of Marriage for UK VISA before, only a few months back.

Is it advisable to use the Marriage Certificate in conjunction with the Affidavit?

Please, suggest. This is urgent for me.

Thanks a lot, for help.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:24 pm

linkin wrote:
All the best
Thanks Cochin007.

The Certificate is original, with Stamp and Signature. Also, we both, I and my wife have each other's name on our Passports. We have been married for more than 8 years now.

I have used an Affidavit of Marriage for UK VISA before, only a few months back.

Is it advisable to use the Marriage Certificate in conjunction with the Affidavit?

Thanks a lot, for help.
If thats the format of Marriage Certificate in your city, use it. I would not advise you to laminate it though.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

linkin

Post by linkin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi Push,

Thanks a lot, for your suggestion.

I have laminated the document already.

In suggesting not to laminate, do you think lamination can be considered as tampering? I read in one of the threads, that lamination is not considered as tampering. Please, help me understand. I have to apply very soon.

Many thanks.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:36 pm

linkin wrote:Hi Push,

In suggesting not to laminate, do you think lamination can be considered as tampering? I read in one of the threads, that lamination is not considered as tampering. Please, help me understand. I have to apply very soon.

Many thanks.
A number of people on the Board have confirmed that they successfully got their applications approved even though they submitted laminated original docs. Clearly, there is a precedent.
regards,
push

linkin

Post by linkin » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:39 am

push wrote:
linkin wrote:Hi Push,

Many thanks.
A number of people on the Board have confirmed that they successfully got their applications approved even though they submitted laminated original docs. Clearly, there is a precedent.
Thanks a lot, Push. I really appreciate your help.

linkin

Post by linkin » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:27 pm

push wrote:
linkin wrote:
All the best
Thanks Cochin007.

Thanks a lot, for help.
If thats the format of Marriage Certificate in your city, use it. I would not advise you to laminate it though.
Hi All,

Please, answer my other question, that is :

Is it advisable to use the Marriage Certificate in conjunction with the Affidavit of Marriage?

Please suggest. This is urgent.

Many thanks in advance.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Even my marriage certificate is a A4 printout (and I laminated it), with seal and signature from the relavent authorities and I got my visa using that. So that should be enough. There is no need for the affidavit.

linkin

Post by linkin » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:25 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:Even my marriage certificate is a A4 printout (and I laminated it), with seal and signature from the relavent authorities and I got my visa using that. So that should be enough. There is no need for the affidavit.
Hi HSMP_1476,

Thanks a lot, for your reply.

Just one more question to you, do you have your Marriage Photograpth on the Marriage Certificate? Mine does not have therefore, just wanted to know. Please, suggest.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks again.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:06 pm

linkin wrote:
hsmp_1476 wrote:Even my marriage certificate is a A4 printout (and I laminated it), with seal and signature from the relavent authorities and I got my visa using that. So that should be enough. There is no need for the affidavit.
Hi HSMP_1476,

Thanks a lot, for your reply.

Just one more question to you, do you have your Marriage Photograpth on the Marriage Certificate? Mine does not have therefore, just wanted to know. Please, suggest.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks again.
The point is if thats the sort of Marriage Certificate your county issues then thats what you can submit.
regards,
push