ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (general) and several exit due to job situation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

googler
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (general) and several exit due to job situation

Post by googler » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:59 am

Hi everyone,

I live outside UK and I work as a mechanical engineer in projects for an international company. The projects are mostly located in different countries and it requires me relocating very often due to job assignments in different countries.

I am planning to apply for a Tier 1 (general) or Tier 2 (sponsored). However, I wonder if I can continue having such type of job after going to UK. I have heard that Tier 1 and Tier 2 visas are multiple entry, but my job requires me to stay for maybe 30 days in a project, then go home for 10 days and this cycle repeats. If I get employed by a UK company with this sort of job, does my Tier 1 (general) or Tier 2 visa make any limitation for my mobility?

Also, if I intend to apply for settlement in UK after 5 years, does this type of job makes any problem in satisfying "5 years continuous presence in UK" as settlement condition?

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:07 pm

As I understand you will be issued the ILR, if you can satisfy the HO that you have been economically active in the UK for 5 years and that you are contributing to the economy. If you keep getting paid in GBP in UK and if you can show a letter from your company for each of the absences then you should in principle be eligible for ILR.

Request seniors to correct me if I am wrong.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:58 pm

googler
Newly Registered

Post by googler » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:44 am

Thanks for your helpful answer.

Do you have any idea if this type of job also makes problem for me if I get Tier 1 (general) or Tier 2 (sponsor) visa for UK? I mean problem in spending most of time outside UK due to nature of career while employed by a UK company.

Thanks again for your comments.