ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I be refused entry when holding ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kevin_K
Newly Registered

Can I be refused entry when holding ILR?

Post by Kevin_K » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I would appreciate any help here

I am the worrier type so you might find my questions a bit silly! Here are the information in bullet points:

* Married in 2006 to a British citizen.
* Spouse Entry Clearance was granted in December 2007.
* Wife changed her mind and decided to end things.
* Entry Clearance was cancelled before entering the UK.
* Wife changed her mind, again, and wanted me back.
* New Entry Clearance was granted and I entered the UK in May 2008.
* Marriage went fine with the usual ups and downs. We had a baby in March 2009 and bought a house on a 25 years mortgage.
* ILR granted in May 2010.
* Wife changes her mind again few weeks ago and it seems marriage has broken down. No divorce yet and no official separation either. I have left the house and moved to another city for work.

First Question: I am about to fly for a business trip for about 10 days. Is there any way I would be refused entry at the airport when I come back because my marriage has broken down only few months after ILR was issued/granted? Note that my marriage was genuine and non of this mess was planned.

Second Question: Can I still apply for Citizenship even though we don't live together any more? From what I read here that its possible even if we are separated, however when I've spoken to a lawyer they advised otherwise as we are no longer living together? Wife is willing to submit her passport and even be there for any interviews. I dont want to break the law or submit anything ambiguous as I am in no hurry to obtain citizenship.

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Kevin

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:17 pm