ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Same Day visa got done :) - My Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

push
United Kingdom

Re: Same day Tier 1 visa for dependant

Post by push » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:07 pm

sharooqh wrote:I am on Tier 1 visa and working in the UK since July 2008. I have got married recently in India and my wife is staying in India. My wife's visa application from India got rejected due to shortage of funds. I would like to re apply for a Tier-1 dependant visa for my wife from the UK since I have the required funds available for 3 months on my account.
Is it possible for me to apply for her from here using the Same day service, and what documents are required for this.
Is she required to give her Biometric details?
Let her apply from the home country using evidence of funds maintained by you.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

d1o

Post by d1o » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:39 pm

push wrote:
d1o wrote:Just wanted to know if there is a waiting area at the Sheffield PEO. I mean if I went with someone (cos I'd have to drive from London to Sheffield) would they be allowed into the office with me, even if they had to wait in reception or a lounge while I went about my business.

Secondly, did you have to staple your application form (it's 75 pages) and did you also have to submit photocopies of the form as well?

thanks.
Only those with valid appointments are allowed in. No other visitors are entertained.
thanks push.
can i carry my form along to the appointment without stapling? its way too thick for my precious stapler. :)

aaj123

Post by aaj123 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:08 pm

In the Tier 1 in person appointment, can it still be the case that they charge the fee and then end up telling you that your docs/ evidence are not in order and therefore your application is refused?

I mean one of the risks of postal application is that for any minor documentation issue, your app gets refused and one loses the fee. Does the inperson appointment mitigate this risk by charging the fee only if the visa is granted?

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:03 pm

No, the fees will be charged whatever the outcome of the visa application.