ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tweety
Newly Registered

Thanks eveyone :)

Post by Tweety » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:55 am

Im thankfull to all those people who have prayed for me and my husband snipered to get a visa for me... :D
It is such a relief, now i dont mind waiting 2 more weeks to collect the passport with visa stamp on Shuker ul Humduillah... i will be praying for everyone to hear a good news soon..
Once again thanks everyone for praying and please keep on praying for us because its really hard to live all alone in pak when ur parents and family live in uk too :cry:

snipered

Post by snipered » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:03 am

To all the brothers and sisters waiting. This is what it says on the Islamabad website:
2 September 2010: Settlement visa application processing times. The processing time for settlement visa applications advertised by the UK Border Agency is 12 weeks. Unfortunately due to the large volume of applications submitted in Pakistan, processing times are now taking longer than 12 weeks. We are currently working hard to reduce this processing time as quickly as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Passport Recieved with Visa - 8 Sept 2010

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:47 am

AOA786

snipered Mubarak hoo i am really very happy for both of you and wish you happy Eid Mubarak to gather in advance but plz remember me in your special Duas because i m looking for the same happiness since 2 years and my wife is also Alhumdolilah expecting and waiting for me in UK so please do special dua because my 13th weeks are over but no employer contectd yet i am so stress.

Jazak Allah Khair.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Hey guys,

I have some bad news..Someone phoned my husband last night and said ur visa has been refused and give us money and we will do something about it.

what am i meant to think of this?

I am so worried. I cant believe pakistan people can stoop so low. its so upsetting.

corrado

Post by corrado » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:58 pm

asmajafar wrote:Hey guys,

I have some bad news..Someone phoned my husband last night and said ur visa has been refused and give us money and we will do something about it.

I am so worried. I cant believe pakistan people can stoop so low. its so upsetting.
Firstly don't believe what you have b ... isa fraud.

sensazn

latest news

Post by sensazn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:26 pm

3 September 2010: Public holiday closure at the visa application centres on 10 and 13 September. The visa application centres in Pakistan will be closed on Friday 10 September and Monday 13 September, for Eid ul Fitr. The visa application centres will resume normal business hours on Tuesday 14 September

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:30 pm

salam to everyone... been reading the comments for a while now and it has been very informative...

i am in the same situation as many of you

wife applied at islamabad on 06/08/10
forwarded to oc 060810
under process 270810

still playing the waiting game... my duas are with all of you and also pray for me

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:32 pm

[quote="asmajafar"]Hey guys,

asmajafar.. nobody at the Gerrys office can influence visa applications...so do not pay any money.

i hope this is just a hoax and you get the good news insha allah.

Henah

Post by Henah » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:16 pm

asmajafar that for sure sounds like a hoax!!!!! Contact BHS and let them know..... they need 2 be aware of this!!!

My instant reaction was that someone who works for gerrys has got abit greedy and decided to phoneure hubby to get some money out of him! but Allah knows best. Inshallah i do dua that this works our for u.

Let us know wht happens. Il kep u in my duas xx
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

Henah

Post by Henah » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:22 pm

by the way asmajafar... where did u apply? mirpur islamabad??
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:01 pm

corrado wrote:

Firstly don't believe what you have b ... isa fraud.
Indeed, do this.

Good news however is your visa has most likely been issued.
Spouse Visa (Lahore)
Application Date - 19/7/10
Under process at BHC 02/08/10
http://imm.ksul.co.uk / Jun/Jul applications.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:21 pm

Thanks guys for your support...i dont believe it maself i tink they trying to make some money. On Monday i am going to report it cuz i dont want dis happening to oda pple too...fingers crossed i will get some gud news.

Henah..I applied in Mirpur on 26th May 2010.

shaq
Newly Registered

Post by shaq » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi, cant believe someone has said that 2 u. Its defo not right and must be reported. Always go through the proper channels. Good luck with that, let us know how it goes.......

snipered

Post by snipered » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:00 pm

tasawar wrote:AOA786

snipered Mubarak hoo i am really very happy for both of you and wish you happy Eid Mubarak to gather in advance but plz remember me in your special Duas because i m looking for the same happiness since 2 years and my wife is also Alhumdolilah expecting and waiting for me in UK so please do special dua because my 13th weeks are over but no employer contectd yet i am so stress.

Jazak Allah Khair.
I do a special dua for yourself, asmajafar and zaydi (thats because there the only names i clearly remember or have asked me). I do dua for everyone else generally for all genuine cases.
Inshallah all the genuine brothers and sisters should hear a positive reply.

Asmajafar - i think the best advice was given by corrado. Just do exactly what he says and ignore these idiots.
Applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Passport Recieved with Visa - 8 Sept 2010

mkak

Post by mkak » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:36 pm

snipered wrote:
tasawar wrote:AOA786

Jazak Allah Khair.
I do a special dua for yourself, asmajafar and zaydi (thats because there the only names i clearly remember or have asked me). I do dua for everyone else generally for all genuine cases.
Inshallah all the genuine brothers and sisters should hear a positive reply.

Asmajafar - i think the best advice was given by corrado. Just do exactly what he says and ignore these idiots.
n pray for me too plz...mr n mrs khan :D
jazakAllah

wa51mmm
Newly Registered

together

Post by wa51mmm » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:16 am

visa stamp issued and passport collected on 2nd september 2010 and now back in UK on 4th with the spouse.

9 months and 10 days in total waiting time after application applied, refused, appealed, heard, determined, called, pasport resubmitted, collection with a smile and finally on route.

JazakALLAH

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Hey asmajafer

i have heard of this, its happened in the past as well, they did it to the applicants who had got the visa, but the people calling the applicants pretended the applicant was refused visa and they asked them for money and told them they would get them the visa, even though they had been granted the visa in the first place.

Like other people have pointed out gerrys don't have the power to issue any visa, in my opinion i think your husband as got the visa and this person calling you is just trying to make some money from you.

In addition to putting in the complaint why don't you get your husband to e-mail/ call gerrys and find out whats going on.

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:34 pm

did anyone get their documents compiled and application forms filled in by agents in pakistan?

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:49 am

sensazn wrote:did anyone get their documents compiled and application forms filled in by agents in pakistan?
This is generally a bad idea, did you get this done?
Spouse Visa (Lahore)
Application Date - 19/7/10
Under process at BHC 02/08/10
http://imm.ksul.co.uk / Jun/Jul applications.

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:03 am

yoda121 wrote:
sensazn wrote:did anyone get their documents compiled and application forms filled in by agents in pakistan?

well i am here in uk and i filled in a form from here and my wife took it to a person in pakistan who isnt really an agent but more of a family friend who has a lot of experience in this... if it wasnt to him i wud haved missed some real evidence

imranh

Post by imranh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:23 am

[b][quote="shazaz"]Salaam all

I applied on 20th july in lahore.
Its coming upto 7 weeks.
Its still under process.employer has not been contacted yet. Have i got a long wait yet? Im really concerned about the tb cert expiring, and also my job coming to an end in december. Im thinking the worst.

If i was to find a new job, how do i inform them?

Would appreciate any help[/quote][/b]

I am also in a similar position - I have been offered a new job by a new employer. I have got legal advice from different solicitors and to be honest they all seem unsure on what I should do.
One solicitor advised me that do not tell and hope they dont contact your employer - if they do then tell your existing employer to provide the details of your employment with them aswell as the details and contacts of your new employer if you have moved by then.
Other solicitors have said to try and update the application at the BHC - but they did not know exactly how to do this.

Is there anyone else who could help us out here please???

imranh

Post by imranh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:39 am

[quote="yoda121"][quote="sensazn"]did anyone get their documents compiled and application forms filled in by agents in pakistan?[/quote]

This is generally a bad idea, did you get this done?[/quote]

I actually completed my application form when I was there, however when my wife submitted our case an agent noticed some big errors on our marriage certificate and sorted that out. then he made photocopies of our documents (even though we had some) and made my wifes passport photos. He also did again complete our application form so I am kind of hoping that he copied mine properly and did it right. My in laws seemed happy with him.

I heard most agents are good because its their job and they are experienced - plus the BHC do tell them dont send weak applications and they put their names on the applications

I am hoping and praying my agent was good

mkak

Post by mkak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:05 am

my husband is self employed and his manager got a call from passport office asking if he works there....
he wasnt at work that day....they said they will call back...
plzz prayyyyyyyyy for me :(

mkak

Post by mkak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:09 am

imranh wrote:
yoda121 wrote:
I actually completed my application form when I was there, however when my wife submitted our case an agent noticed some big errors on our marriage certificate and sorted that out. then he made photocopies of our documents (even though we had some) and made my wifes passport photos. He also did again complete our application form so I am kind of hoping that he copied mine properly and did it right. My in laws seemed happy with him.

I heard most agents are good because its their job and they are experienced - plus the BHC do tell them dont send weak applications and they put their names on the applications

I am hoping and praying my agent was good
i heard that ukba does more checks on those applications if they r filled by agents....
im not sure i read this on another forum..

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:36 am

AOA786

mkak you are the first in the list of June applicants and i am on 2nd number so please update me when UKBA contact ur employer? becouse they did not contectd with our employer yet so if you update me with any news it will helps me aswell ok and i inshaAllah we all will get our visas ameen

Jazak Allah khair