ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 ( General) advise please!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anastasia_743
Newly Registered

Tier 1 ( General) advise please!

Post by Anastasia_743 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi there, I currently have a Tier1 ( post Study work ) visa, which expires on 28 October 2010. I want to switch to Tier 1 (general) at the begining of October 2010. However, I am not sure whether I could claim points on my maintenance funds, i.e. my bank balance is below £800 during July 2010, although I have been paid salary above 1800 each month ( just didn't know about this requirement). Would my application be refused because of this? Has anyone experienced this? Thank you so much, your advice would be much appreciated!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 ( General) advise please!

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Anastasia_743 wrote:Would my application be refused because of this?
Yes, unless you have access to funds in another account (anywhere in the world) that you can use to prove (total) availability of min. 800 pounds for at least 90 days .

Reading the policy guidance will help.

regards

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Anastasia_743 wrote:Hi there, I currently have a Tier1 ( post Study work ) visa, which expires on 28 October 2010. I want to switch to Tier 1 (general) at the begining of October 2010. However, I am not sure whether I could claim points on my maintenance funds, i.e. my bank balance is below £800 during July 2010, although I have been paid salary above 1800 each month ( just didn't know about this requirement). Would my application be refused because of this? Has anyone experienced this? Thank you so much, your advice would be much appreciated!

U WILL be still ok till 22 working days after expiring of yr visa

say aug , spt oct for fund , u must meet fund requirements before 22 ends after yr visa

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:U WILL be still ok till 22 working days after expiring of yr visa .
How and source of information?

regards

Anastasia_743
Newly Registered

Post by Anastasia_743 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Thank you for your reply. Would my mother's bank account statement in my home country help? Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Anastasia_743 wrote:Thank you for your reply. Would my mother's bank account statement in my home country help? Thank you.
A bank account in your name name - either a single account holder or a joint account holder.

regards

Anastasia_743
Newly Registered

Post by Anastasia_743 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:19 pm

I could become a joint account holder with my mother now, i.e.September. Would this help for my application in October? Thanks very much.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Sushil-ACCA
U WILL be still ok till 22 working days after expiring of yr visa .

This seems like a new information which I have not heard about before. Please confirm the source of this information.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:24 pm

Anastasia_743 wrote:I could become a joint account holder with my mother now, i.e.September. Would this help for my application in October? Thanks very much.
If the bank statements for the 3 months reflect your name as a joint account holder, and if, upon verification by UKBA, the bank doesn't disclose that you were added as an account holder sometime during the 3 months in question.

regards

Anastasia_743
Newly Registered

Post by Anastasia_743 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Thank you again for your advice. What are my chances of appeal if Tier 1 general visa is refused - how long does it take please? Or otherwise what are my other visa options, apart from Tier 2, as unfortunately I have changed employer in June 2010 and I do not qualify to apply for a Tier 2, as I haven't been with the same employer for 6 months.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:39 pm

bruteforce wrote:

Sushil-ACCA
U WILL be still ok till 22 working days after expiring of yr visa .

This seems like a new information which I have not heard about before. Please confirm the source of this information.
IMHO, what is being (subtly) suggested here is that OP makes an out-of-time application within 28 days of expiry of current leave because the out-of-time application will give the OP time to hold minimum balance for 3 months thereby meeting the maintenance funds requirement!

If this is indeed the basis of suggestion above, then one should also include the following when offering such suggestion(s) - that accepting "out-of-time" applications for processing is completely subject to UKBA discretion and also that if the application is returned without processing / approval then the applicant is deemed an overstayer from the day of expiry of current leave.

:roll:
regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:48 pm

Anastasia_743 wrote:Thank you again for your advice. What are my chances of appeal if Tier 1 general visa is refused - how long does it take please?
Appeals can take months to reach a decision. Whether a decision will be in your favor or not will depend on whether you have complied with the immigration rules or not, so no one can speculate on what your chances may be.

regards

Anastasia_743
Newly Registered

Post by Anastasia_743 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Thank you. So, if my Tier 1 general is deemed to be refused what are my other visa options, apart from Tier 2, as unfortunately I have changed employer in June 2010 and I do not qualify to apply for a Tier 2, as I haven't been with the same employer for 6 months. I am currently on a Tier 1 post study work visa.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:10 pm

The immigration categories allowing visa nationals to live, work and/or study in the UK are available on the UKBA website. I, or anyone else, cannot comment on which categories you may be eligible for. It is for you to see and ascertain.

regards

Anastasia_743
Newly Registered

Post by Anastasia_743 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:29 pm

What other/paid immigration advice is out there, i.e. Does anyone know of any good Immigration Lawyers who could advise what are one's option if a visa is likely to be refused? Thanks