ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mkak

Post by mkak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:42 am

tasawar wrote:AOA786

mkak you are the first in the list of June applicants and i am on 2nd number so please update me when UKBA contact ur employer? becouse they did not contectd with our employer yet so if you update me with any news it will helps me aswell ok and i inshaAllah we all will get our visas ameen

Jazak Allah khair
he was contacted last week...my hubby wasnt working when they called...so they said they will call again..
im worried :(

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:10 pm

I am going to wait unitl i hear about my husbands visa then i am going to report whoever has done this. i dont want it happening to anyone else.

Nags

Post by Nags » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi

Does any1 nw when the month for "guide to processing time changes"?

Its been on June For quite a long tym nw!

Hope every1 is enjoying the last couple of days of Ramadan (the best tym to have your prayesr answered INSHALLAH!)

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:46 pm

asmajafar wrote:Hey guys,

I have some bad news..Someone phoned my husband last night and said ur visa has been refused and give us money and we will do something about it.

what am i meant to think of this?

I am so worried. I cant believe pakistan people can stoop so low. its so upsetting.
My opinion is that the caller is a hoax trying to make some money from you. BHC wouldn't give out decisions over the phone and once a decision has been made no one can overturn it other than the ECO/ECM as its all recorded on their systems.

mkak

Post by mkak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:03 pm

aoa...ukba called my husabd's workplace n wanted to speak to him but he wasnt workin that day....they said they will call back!..
should my husband email ukba n ask them to call him any time if they have any query?

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:13 pm

AOA786

Hello everybody My sponsor (wife) send an email today to UKBA becouse this is our 13th week and reply this .

From: UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 15:43:27 +0100
Subject: RE: visa status

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. As you can see from the latest update on Gerrys website settlement applications are now taking longer than 12 weeks to process due to the sheer volume of applications. You will be contacted when the application has been decided but we cannot state when that will be.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Hello everybody My sponsor (wife) send an email today to UKBA becouse this is our 13th week and reply this .

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. As you can see from the latest update on Gerrys website settlement applications are now taking longer than 12 weeks to process due to the sheer volume of applications. You will be contacted when the application has been decided but we cannot state when that will be.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team
That's not good.

I wonder how long they will be taking

Try your MP maybe? :?
Spouse Visa (Lahore)
Application Date - 19/7/10
Under process at BHC 02/08/10
http://imm.ksul.co.uk / Jun/Jul applications.

Henah

Post by Henah » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi asmajafar... whats the latest on your case? How are you going to find out and has he been down yet to collect his passport? and have u reported it yet?

good luck u are in my duas- this shouldnt happen to anyone what a stress! I mean we are stressed enough as it is and dont need the extra aggro of haux calls!!!!

Good luck May allah make this easy for you....... and all us waiting..i would love to have spend my eid with hubby..now looks like i wnt be able to spend Big eid with him either because of the delays in processing times.. :'( waaa waaa
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi Henah,

No we still not heard nothing about collecting passport. I wanted to wait to find out about my hubbys visa then report it. It is really stressing, but nothing we can do..just gona have to do dua that we get some good news soon.
I really wanted my hubby to be down for eid too, but guess that wont happen. what ever happens, happens for the best. I will do dua for you.

shaq
Newly Registered

Post by shaq » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:22 pm

hi, just to let you know my employer was contacted today. Basically the administrator took the call and said the mgr wasnt there so they said dont worry and just asked her to verify that i work there, how many hours i work and how long i have been with the company, at no point did they ask to speak to me.
fiance visa:
application submitted - 08/06/10
processing by bhc - 21/06/10
employer contacted - 06/09/10

hope that helps....

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:45 pm

AOA786

That is very good sign after all the June Application starts good hope fully they will contect with my employer aswell in this week.

Jazak Allah Khair

mkak

Post by mkak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:04 pm

mkak wrote:aoa...ukba called my husabd's workplace n wanted to speak to him but he wasnt workin that day....they said they will call back!..
should my husband email ukba n ask them to call him any time if they have any query?

Tweety
Newly Registered

Post by Tweety » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Salamz to all

hmm asmajafar i would like to tell u. when i went to submit my paper work to gerrys they had a video on by sayin about these calls and agents who sayz we will get u the visa etc give us 50 thousand blah blah and previously ppl had pay the ammount and still they havent recieved visas and then they complained and thats how BHC came to knw..

In the video Gerrys were informing all the applicants they just submit the application and it goes striaght to BHC no one can do anything about gettin the visa etc. It is also processed in uk and no agent can change the decision not even the people workin in Gerrys...

They were requesting in the video if some one tries to get money of you complain it straight away... so i think u should complain it straight away u dont need to wait for ur husbands paper work to reciece back...

My husband and my prays r with u and we hope all of us will get the visa soon inshallah....

Please remember us in your prays... specially in 2nites pray as it is 27th nite of ramadan...

Take care,
Mrs Snipered

Tweety
Newly Registered

Post by Tweety » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:48 pm

As per my above comment this is the proof and i have got it from Gerrys website :)

Who Decides If I Will Get A Visa?

Your visa application will be processed and decided by UK Border Agency staff. Your visa application may be sent overseas to be processed. This may result in extended decision making times.

Gerry's staff do not play any part in or influence the outcome of visa applications. If any member of our staff claims to be able to influence your application, you should inform the nearest British diplomatic mission as soon as possible.

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:12 pm

imranh wrote:
yoda121 wrote:
sensazn wrote:did anyone get their documents compiled and application forms filled in by agents in pakistan?
This is generally a bad idea, did you get this done?
I actually completed my application form when I was there, however when my wife submitted our case an agent noticed some big errors on our marriage certificate and sorted that out. then he made photocopies of our documents (even though we had some) and made my wifes passport photos. He also did again complete our application form so I am kind of hoping that he copied mine properly and did it right. My in laws seemed happy with him.

I heard most agents are good because its their job and they are experienced - plus the BHC do tell them dont send weak applications and they put their names on the applications

I am hoping and praying my agent was good
using an agent isnt always a bad idea... if you know someone who has the knowledge then its cool...but dont just start trusting a random person... agents can be a good help basically take some stress out of u.

brother imran dont worry too much december is a long time away insha allah ur application should be processed beginning of november.

i would say that you should look for a permanent job to take on after ur contract ends..as they might ask how will you support yourself after december...

i would say get the new job and leave your info with current employer and they can pass it on....also you can try ringin on 0871043005 this is the number for the ukba..try asking them for some advice...

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:16 pm

yoda121 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team
That's not good.

I wonder how long they will be taking

Try your MP maybe? :?

this is crazy.... you applied 30 weeks ago and most of it should have been processed by now, and they just got busy now and on top of that it should be first come first serve basis, they should take longer on new applications not on applications submitted 3 months ago....

its all so annoying and the worst thing is that we cant do anything about it.....

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:37 pm

'''this is crazy.... you applied 30 weeks ago and most of it should have been processed by now, and they just got busy now and on top of that it should be first come first serve basis, they should take longer on new applications not on applications submitted 3 months ago....

its all so annoying and the worst thing is that we cant do anything about it.....[/quote]'''

sensazn they applied 13 weeks ago not 30

Tweety
Newly Registered

Post by Tweety » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:39 pm

It will be 17 weeks for us on 09.09.10 since we have applied so no need to get worried. BHC is taking a lot more time in processing the applications. They only made our decision on 1st Sept 2010 and in email they said wait 2 more weeks to receive your passport back. Eid holidays r coming too and Gerrys office will be closed from 10th sept to 13th sept because of this applications will slightly get delayed too.
Just keep faith on Allah miya and remember one thing what ever happen it happens for the best :D

I applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Decision made by email - 1 Sept 2010

imranh

Post by imranh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:11 pm

[quote="sensazn"][quote="imranh"][quote="yoda121"][quote="sensazn"]did anyone get their documents compiled and application forms filled in by agents in pakistan?[/quote]

This is generally a bad idea, did you get this done?[/quote]

I actually completed my application form when I was there, however when my wife submitted our case an agent noticed some big errors on our marriage certificate and sorted that out. then he made photocopies of our documents (even though we had some) and made my wifes passport photos. He also did again complete our application form so I am kind of hoping that he copied mine properly and did it right. My in laws seemed happy with him.

I heard most agents are good because its their job and they are experienced - plus the BHC do tell them dont send weak applications and they put their names on the applications

I am hoping and praying my agent was good[/quote]

using an agent isnt always a bad idea... if you know someone who has the knowledge then its cool...but dont just start trusting a random person... agents can be a good help basically take some stress out of u.

brother imran dont worry too much december is a long time away insha allah ur application should be processed beginning of november.

i would say that you should look for a permanent job to take on after ur contract ends..as they might ask how will you support yourself after december...

i would say get the new job and leave your info with current employer and they can pass it on....also you can try ringin on 0871043005 this is the number for the ukba..try asking them for some advice...[/quote]

jazakallah for your advice. much appreciated. I am actually on a permanent contract and my new offer is permanent aswell. I think the best thing to do is to inform my current employers when i leave and try to inform bhc in islamabad.
are there any descent solicitors that i can contact coz i desparately need some legal advice ??

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:03 am

imranh wrote:
sensazn wrote:
imranh wrote:[quote="yoda121

jazakallah for your advice. much appreciated. I am actually on a permanent contract and my new offer is permanent aswell. I think the best thing to do is to inform my current employers when i leave and try to inform bhc in islamabad.
are there any descent solicitors that i can contact coz i desparately need some legal advice ??
brother what area are you from...i know some places in manchester not too sure about anywhere else... where ever your from try looking for a goverment funded legal advice place something like the citizens advice bureau.. in manchester there is a place called the law centre but they deal with people from manchester only and its free... there is also a company called lloyds solicitors but they charge £25 for an immigration consultancy, i have been there the lady there used to work for the embassy and has been dealing with visa applications so she knows a bit about it.

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:08 am

Tweety wrote:It will be 17 weeks for us on 09.09.10 since we have applied so no need to get worried. BHC is taking a lot more time in processing the applications. They only made our decision on 1st Sept 2010 and in email they said wait 2 more weeks to receive your passport back. Eid holidays r coming too and Gerrys office will be closed from 10th sept to 13th sept because of this applications will slightly get delayed too.
Just keep faith on Allah miya and remember one thing what ever happen it happens for the best :D

I applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Decision made by email - 1 Sept 2010

tweety sister i have a race against time under normal circumstances i wouldnt be worried at all i am very patient but the things is my wife is 6 months pregnant masha allah and into her 7th month so if the baby is born there it will create a big problem for as then i will have to apply separately for the baby and if my wife is granted visa after the baby is born then my wife will have to come to uk within 28 days and my baby will be left their with granparents so thats the issue for me

wife applied on 06/08/10
being processed 27/08/10

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:13 am

shabe qadr mubarak to everyone.. may allah listen to your parayers on this eve please remember me in ur duas as ill remmember everyone in my duas.

Tweety
Newly Registered

Post by Tweety » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:55 am

sensazn wrote:tweety sister i have a race against time under normal circumstances i wouldnt be worried at all i am very patient but the things is my wife is 6 months pregnant masha allah and into her 7th month so if the baby is born there it will create a big problem for as then i will have to apply separately for the baby and if my wife is granted visa after the baby is born then my wife will have to come to uk within 28 days and my baby will be left their with granparents so thats the issue for me
wife applied on 06/08/10
being processed 27/08/10
Inshallah i will pray for ur wife to get visa soon, your wife has 3 months to travel after reciving her passport with visa stamp on, the time limit has been changed...

2ndly we can only pray as i am prayin from past 4 months i live all alone in pak my family lives in uk too so u can understand my situation & i have studied from uk too.. Embassy doesnt care about anyones circumstances they r going to take their time... The 1st thing to pray is your wife gets the visa 3rdly u must have sent your wifes preganancy report along too so i hope that will help to get quick answer. i have seen some ppl getting their responses within 10 weeks so i wish u best of luck and inshallah u will hear a good news soon :)

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:28 am

Inshallah i will pray for ur wife to get visa soon, your wife has 3 months to travel after reciving her passport with visa stamp on, the time limit has been changed...

2ndly we can only pray as i am prayin from past 4 months i live all alone in pak my family lives in uk too so u can understand my situation & i have studied from uk too.. Embassy doesnt care about anyones circumstances they r going to take their time... The 1st thing to pray is your wife gets the visa 3rdly u must have sent your wifes preganancy report along too so i hope that will help to get quick answer. i have seen some ppl getting their responses within 10 weeks so i wish u best of luck and inshallah u will hear a good news soon :)[/quote]

thank you so much for the lovely support... i can totally understand how ur feeling, and awful length of time has elapsed since u made ur application 4 months is unacceptable i hope yours and brother snipered's patience will be paid off by allah.

yeah just realised its changed to 3 months, but really dont want to go through the hassle of child been born there it happened to my brother and his daughter was in pakistan without parents and parents were here with out their daughter its horrible, takes several visits there and back.

insha allah you will hear very soon... eid mubarak in advance

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:02 am

[quote="sensazn"][quote="imranh"][quote="sensazn"][quote="imranh"][quote="yoda121
brother what area are you from...i know some places in manchester not too sure about anywhere else... where ever your from try looking for a goverment funded legal advice place something like the citizens advice bureau.. in manchester there is a place called the law centre but they deal with people from manchester only and its free... there is also a company called lloyds solicitors but they charge £25 for an immigration consultancy, i have been there the lady there used to work for the embassy and has been dealing with visa applications so she knows a bit about it.[/quote]

bro I am actually from lancashire just outside of manchester. I live close to bury -any solicitors from lancashire/greater manachester/yorkshire/north west is cool with me.