ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need information

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DR.NAJAM
Newly Registered

need information

Post by DR.NAJAM » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 pm

i AM DR.NAJAM FROM PAKISTAN,RECENTLY MARRIED TO A FRENCH GIRL
I HAVE HEARD THAT AFTER 1 YEAR I WILL BE ABLE TO CLAIM EUROPEAN CITIZEN SHIP AND THEN I WILL BE EXEMPTED FROM PLAB AND CAN CONTINUE MY POST GRADUATION MEDICAL ACTIVITIES WITHOUT PLAB
NEED URGENT GUIDANCE

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:06 pm

Guidance regarding acquisition of French citizenship (marriage with French citizen) or guidance regarding immigration to the UK as a EU/EEA citizen or guidance regarding GMC registration as a EEA national with non-EEA medical qualification(s)?

How long have you been married to your French citizen wife and where have you been living since your marriage?

regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Relevant to the PLAB test, have a look at this GMC webpage and in particular read under the heading "Who is an "exempt person"?", indeed no. 3 under that heading.

Citizenship in an EU country in just one year? No! I don't think so. Where are you living now? In France?
John

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Artcle 21-2 wrote:An alien or stateless person who marries a spouse of French nationality, after a period of four years of marriage, obtain French nationality by declaration, provided that the date of this statement of community life both emotional material has not stopped between the couple since their marriage and the spouse has retained his French nationality.

The period of cohabitation shall be five years old when abroad, when the declaration is no reason to have resided continuously and regularly for at least three years in France after marriage or not able to prove that his spouse was enrolled in French the term of their community living abroad to register the French outside of France. In addition, the marriage celebrated abroad must have been a transcript prior to the records of the French registry.

The alien spouse must also provide evidence of sufficient knowledge, depending on its condition, the French language.
See also Applying for registration with a licence to practise - for nationals from the EEA, Switzerland and other doctors with EC rights, who hold an acceptable primary medical qualification from a medical school outside the EEA or Switzerland

regards

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:35 pm

France is one of the most difficult countries when it comes to papers. My wife is french and they don't even acknowledge the marriage or any document issued outside the eu.
To acquire french citizenship through marriage you should have married in france or any french consulate and they will ask for tons of papers. Plus, proof of knowledge of french lifestyle and language. Please underline lifestyle. Still, british citizenship is much stronger than the french according to me

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Stronger in which sense, Guerro?

DR.NAJAM
Newly Registered

Post by DR.NAJAM » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:19 pm

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED TO FRENCH SINE 14 AUGUST 2010,IN PAKISTAN.THEN SHE WENT BACK TO FRANCE

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:45 pm

DR.NAJAM, please don't shout! On the internet posting in block capitals is equivalent to shouting, and on this board such posts are liable to be deleted without notice.

Your French wife has gone back to France. So does she intend to move to the UK and exercise EU Treaty Rights in the UK? For example by being employed or self-employed?
John

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Glauco wrote:Stronger in which sense, Guerro?
When you go abroad with a british passport rather than a french. Britain is part of if not the founder of the Commonwealth not france. Strength of a country is measured according to complicated criteria, to sum up britishness is better than frenchness (if the word frenchness exists)
:P
For me, i love british lifestyle and i hate the french one

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Guerro wrote:
Glauco wrote:Stronger in which sense, Guerro?
When you go abroad with a british passport rather than a french. Britain is part of if not the founder of the Commonwealth not france. Strength of a country is measured according to complicated criteria, to sum up britishness is better than frenchness (if the word frenchness exists)
:P
For me, i love british lifestyle and i hate the french one
Quoi? Is this the best you can do to back your statement that British citizenship is "stronger" than French citizenship? I'm sorry but nothing you have written makes any immediate logical sense to me. Perhaps if I read it standing on my head...

lilshyone
Newly Registered

Post by lilshyone » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:35 pm

Don't see any sense in that fight. Won't help anyone :(

DR.NAJAM
Newly Registered

Post by DR.NAJAM » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:24 pm

o i am sorry i didn't know that writing something in capital means bad ...

DR.NAJAM
Newly Registered

Post by DR.NAJAM » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:31 pm

well my wife haven't yet decided to go to England.. actually we have planned that i will be in France within few months and then i want to enter foundation programe and for this a friend of mine living in France told me that after 1 year i can claim my European citizen ship and after getting it i will get exemption from PLAB

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Dr Najam, as per Article 21-2 (quoted above), you may be eligible for French citizenship on basis of marriage to a French citizen after having lived in France for 4 years subject to you fulfilling any other mandatory conditions.

Also, if your wife doesn't intend to move to the UK and exercise EU treaty rights, you'll not be eligible for exemption from PLAB (or other registration procedures with GMC) as a family member of EEA citizen exercising EU treaty rights.

Please click on the links John and I have provided in our responses above, and read through the information regarding GMC registration requirements.

regards

DR.NAJAM
Newly Registered

Post by DR.NAJAM » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:20 pm

''''' Also, if your wife doesn't intend to move to the UK and exercise EU treaty rights, you'll not be eligible for exemption from PLAB (or other registration procedures with GMC) as a family member of EEA citizen exercising EU treaty rights. """'
so it means if my wife moves 2 england n exercise EU rights then there is possibility that i will b eligible for exemption from PLAB as a family member exercising EU treaty rights????